How far will the BCS drop Boise????

All other college sports!
putter
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana

How far will the BCS drop Boise????

Post by putter »

They are now ranked 5th in the country and have no ranked teams left on their schedule...starting with UC Davis. They could easily finish undefeated and get pushed down every week because of who they play. Will they stay in the top 8? I say they get shafted.
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801
wkuhillhound
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Western Kentucky
A.K.A.: Sir Marathonius

Re: How far will the BCS drop Boise????

Post by wkuhillhound »

If Oregon continues to do well, they still shouldn't drop too badly. If these "BCS" teams regularly play Boise State then their argument would have resonance with me. As of now, they don't have much credibility at this point. :shake:
I have 176 reasons to be happy.
Started on 6/11/2008
The Obituary of the 3: 7/28/2010
Countdown toward Bicentennial Club: 24 lbs remaining!
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

wkuhillhound wrote:If Oregon continues to do well, they still shouldn't drop too badly. If these "BCS" teams regularly play Boise State then their argument would have resonance with me. As of now, they don't have much credibility at this point. :shake:
It's not about credibility - it's about a monopoly on dollars and power - they hear your argument but they don't care...

Assuming Tebow's ok, the NC game will be Florida v #2, and a 1 loss (and even 2 loss SEC) team in virtually any other "power" conference will get in ahead of an undefeated Boise State...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Rob Iola wrote:
wkuhillhound wrote:If Oregon continues to do well, they still shouldn't drop too badly. If these "BCS" teams regularly play Boise State then their argument would have resonance with me. As of now, they don't have much credibility at this point. :shake:
It's not about credibility - it's about a monopoly on dollars and power - they hear your argument but they don't care...

Assuming Tebow's ok, the NC game will be Florida v #2, and a 1 loss (and even 2 loss SEC) team in virtually any other "power" conference will get in ahead of an undefeated Boise State...
Yep. Boise is screwed. As is Houston, Cincinnati, and Texas Tech. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins

Post by JMU DJ »

Rob Iola wrote:

Talk about another team with a "cupcake" schedule... their only real tough game left is vs LSU (yeah, I'm throwin the Dawgs under the bus... I see no chance of them beating up on Florida the way UGA's D is playing this year). Granted I think anyone of these SEC teams could pull an upset, but I don't see Vandy, Arkansas or USC doing that, and I also don't see FSU taking them down. The rest of their schedule you can mark as a "W," but you won't see them dropping in the polls cuz they're the defending National Champs. :nod:
dgreco
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Bryant

Post by dgreco »

South Carolina might have another upset left in them. Every year they seem like they are on the verge but are being blocked by Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia. This year it looks like just Florida and they might have a shot.

The thing is their upset might bump another team in front of Florida, because I do not see them beating both Alabama and Florida.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Doesn't matter. The only D-I title that means anything is FCS.

And if you REALLY wanna talk FBS, the national champion is going to be the Bulls.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
grizband
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by grizband »

SuperHornet wrote:Doesn't matter. The only D-I title that means anything is FCS.

And if you REALLY wanna talk FBS, the national champion is going to be the Bulls.
:rofl: I will personally send you $100 if South Florida wins the national championship.
ming01
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by ming01 »

a one loss boise st. team does not deserve to get in over a one loss Florida, Texas, Bama, USC...
wkuhillhound
Supporter
Supporter

Post by wkuhillhound »

ming01 wrote:a one loss boise st. team does not deserve to get in over a one loss Florida, Texas, Bama, USC...
A 0 loss Utah team last year didn't even get a chance. Disgusting and dispicable. :thumbdown:
Started on 6/11/2008
wkuhillhound
Supporter
Supporter

Post by wkuhillhound »

Rob Iola wrote:

I hear ya, but there has to be some kind of accountability somewhere. This is why college basketball will always rule the roost in college sports period. :nod:
Started on 6/11/2008
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

wkuhillhound wrote:
ming01 wrote:a one loss boise st. team does not deserve to get in over a one loss Florida, Texas, Bama, USC...
A 0 loss Utah team last year didn't even get a chance. Disgusting and dispicable. :thumbdown:
Not really disgusting. Boise State's huge win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl made everyone take notice, but on the same hand, Hawaii's drubbing at the hands of UGAy in the Sugar Bowl the next year let all the air out of the balloon.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

wkuhillhound wrote:
Rob Iola wrote: It's not about credibility - it's about a monopoly on dollars and power - they hear your argument but they don't care...

I hear ya, but there has to be some kind of accountability somewhere. This is why college basketball will always rule the roost in college sports period. :nod:
:lol:

Maybe in Kentucky and North Carolina....
wkuhillhound
Supporter
Supporter

Post by wkuhillhound »

Baldy wrote:
wkuhillhound wrote:
:lol:

Maybe in Kentucky and North Carolina....
Kentucky didn't go to the NCAA Tournament last season so at least there is justice. :lol:
Started on 6/11/2008
wkuhillhound
Supporter
Supporter

Post by wkuhillhound »

UK better watch out for WKU if they're not careful. Ask Louisville that last season in Nashville. :nod:
Started on 6/11/2008
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins

Post by JMU DJ »

Baldy wrote:
Not really disgusting. Boise State's huge win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl made everyone take notice, but on the same hand, Hawaii's drubbing at the hands of UGAy in the Sugar Bowl the next year let all the air out of the balloon.