Big Sky Predictions - Week 9

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 9

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Weber 27-38 EWUWho thought this game would have major postseason implications for both teams?

Montana 24-27 Portland St.This is actually the first time the Griz have played in Portland proper since 2008

Cal Poly 21-30 SuutahThe T-Birds may have dodged a bullet with CP now out of postseason hopes

NoCo 28-45 NAUThe 'Jacks are definitely the most extreme home/road team in the league this year

Montana St. 42-34 NoDak — It's not quite November, so the Griz Hangover should override the Bozeman Swoon
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 9

Post by JALMOND »

Entering this week, I'm currently at 45-19 for the year. Another attempt at perfection. None of the bottom feeders are playing so all these games are both important and difficult.

CP at SUU---People waiting for the Thunderbirds to play someone may still have to wait after this game. The Mustangs are now playing spoiler and it depends on how accustomed they are to that new role...SUU 35, CP 20.

UM at PSU---The Grizzlies have been hot and cold, up and down and now play a strong Viking team on the road. Can the Vikings match the Grizzlies intensity and once again get a strong home win...PSU 35, UM 28.

MSU at UND---Has the Bobcats defense finally figured out how to play? Has the Bobcats as a whole figured out how to play on the road? The only thing for the Dakotans is how to overcome that Grizzly hangover...UND 45, MSU 40.

UNC at NAU---The Bears had Eastern Washington on the ropes and let it go away. The Lumberjacks put Weber State away early. The Bears may have their chances to steal this game, but the Lumberjacks recover...NAU 28, UNC 20.

WSU at EWU---The Eagles avoided a big upset last weekend and now must play the Wildcats, who already have a big road win in a hostile environment. Can they get two or will the Eagles not give them the chance...EWU 48, WSU 24.
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

SUU over CP - It will be close, SUU's defense will keep them in this, offense has to show up sooner than they did against Davis.
MU over PSU: I think Montana is going to get this one in a close game.
MSU over UND: By at least 2 TD's
NAU over UNC: By at least 2 TD's
EWU over WSU: Big.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWU - I'll go out on a limb on this one and call a blowout....
PSU - The only question here is whether or not the usual Griz Hangover will apply after this one....
CP - Despite the continued Griz Hangover, CP is still a tough team....
UNC - The annual 'Jack swoon has officially begun....
Kitties - This will be another rout....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

EWU - I think EWU runs away with this one.
PSU - The magic season continues.
SUU - I think this will be close, but SUU has the defense to contain CPs triple option.
NAU - UNC comes back down to Earth.
MSU - Bobcats roll.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SUU
PSU
MSU
NAU
EWU
:thumb:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

SUU
UM
UND
NAU
EWU
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:Entering this week, I'm currently at 45-19 for the year. Another attempt at perfection. None of the bottom feeders are playing so all these games are both important and difficult.

CP at SUU---People waiting for the Thunderbirds to play someone may still have to wait after this game. The Mustangs are now playing spoiler and it depends on how accustomed they are to that new role...SUU 35, CP 20.

UM at PSU---The Grizzlies have been hot and cold, up and down and now play a strong Viking team on the road. Can the Vikings match the Grizzlies intensity and once again get a strong home win...PSU 35, UM 28.

MSU at UND---Has the Bobcats defense finally figured out how to play? Has the Bobcats as a whole figured out how to play on the road? The only thing for the Dakotans is how to overcome that Grizzly hangover...UND 45, MSU 40.

UNC at NAU---The Bears had Eastern Washington on the ropes and let it go away. The Lumberjacks put Weber State away early. The Bears may have their chances to steal this game, but the Lumberjacks recover...NAU 28, UNC 20.

WSU at EWU---The Eagles avoided a big upset last weekend and now must play the Wildcats, who already have a big road win in a hostile environment. Can they get two or will the Eagles not give them the chance...EWU 48, WSU 24.
Some close ones, but by taking UND over MSU, I got all right. 5-0 this week, 50-19 for the year.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote:EWU - I think EWU runs away with this one.
PSU - The magic season continues.
SUU - I think this will be close, but SUU has the defense to contain CPs triple option.
NAU - UNC comes back down to Earth.
MSU - Bobcats roll.
EWU squeaks by again...and Jesus what was I thinking taking MSU? :dunce: :ohno: