Future NFL Signal Caller

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby dal4018 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm

93henfan wrote:Here are some HS highlight clips. Granted, it's against high school talent, but the kid is impressive:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6280178/Tylik-Bethea

I still think DelState will ruin him though.
I saw some of his highlights from high school and yes he looked good throwing the ball as I said before I think that Del St realized what they have and will surround him with more talent.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32778
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby 89Hen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:45 am

SuperHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote:What makes you say this Dal? 0-3 vs DI opponents putting up 7 points per game.


Why do you say this, 89?

Not that I'm supporting dal,but there's a well-known guy who was 11-19 in college, was turned down by his dream school because "he's so small he'll get killed," and was cut from his first NFL team before the season even started, leading to a stint in semi-pro ball. A sampling of their losses include Boston U, Xavier, St. Bonaventure, and Eastern Kentucky. This guy is in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Who's to say that it doesn't work out well for dal's guy as well?

Your reading comprehension is lacking. Stick to talking about women in sports.
Image

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby css75 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:54 am

Transfer portal awaits.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15520
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby SuperHornet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 am

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Why do you say this, 89?

Not that I'm supporting dal,but there's a well-known guy who was 11-19 in college, was turned down by his dream school because "he's so small he'll get killed," and was cut from his first NFL team before the season even started, leading to a stint in semi-pro ball. A sampling of their losses include Boston U, Xavier, St. Bonaventure, and Eastern Kentucky. This guy is in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Who's to say that it doesn't work out well for dal's guy as well?

Your reading comprehension is lacking. Stick to talking about women in sports.


Oh? Dal's dude hadn't played well against D-I competition, and was getting ridiculed here. I merely mention a similar guy, with a similar track of non-success at the collegiate level who went on to a stellar NFL career, and you can only claim "lack of reading comprehension," simply because I don't ape your unappreciative narrative, 89? You sound like AOC....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32778
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby 89Hen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 am

SuperHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote:Your reading comprehension is lacking. Stick to talking about women in sports.


Oh? Dal's dude hadn't played well against D-I competition, and was getting ridiculed here. I merely mention a similar guy, with a similar track of non-success at the collegiate level who went on to a stellar NFL career, and you can only claim "lack of reading comprehension," simply because I don't ape your unappreciative narrative, 89? You sound like AOC....

He had two offers, both from lower MEAC schools and he put up 7 points per game against DI opponents. I told Dal "We shall see.", not he sucks, will never make it, or anything close. If that's ridicule, don't go outside over 32 degrees, you might melt.
Image

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby dal4018 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 am

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Oh? Dal's dude hadn't played well against D-I competition, and was getting ridiculed here. I merely mention a similar guy, with a similar track of non-success at the collegiate level who went on to a stellar NFL career, and you can only claim "lack of reading comprehension," simply because I don't ape your unappreciative narrative, 89? You sound like AOC....

He had two offers, both from lower MEAC schools and he put up 7 points per game against DI opponents. I told Dal "We shall see.", not he sucks, will never make it, or anything close. If that's ridicule, don't go outside over 32 degrees, you might melt.

I never took what you said as a insult I know he is a work in progress but I think he can improve with time as I said before he has to work on his accuracy it's well below 50%.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32778
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby 89Hen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:57 am

dal4018 wrote:
89Hen wrote:He had two offers, both from lower MEAC schools and he put up 7 points per game against DI opponents. I told Dal "We shall see.", not he sucks, will never make it, or anything close. If that's ridicule, don't go outside over 32 degrees, you might melt.

I never took what you said as a insult I know he is a work in progress but I think he can improve with time as I said before he has to work on his accuracy it's well below 50%.

No, you were fine. Horney seemed to want to read a lot more into my posts than were there. I hope any kid from a DE school makes it. Hell, the state could become known for it's QB's! :thumb:
Image

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby dal4018 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:21 am

89Hen wrote:
dal4018 wrote:I never took what you said as a insult I know he is a work in progress but I think he can improve with time as I said before he has to work on his accuracy it's well below 50%.

No, you were fine. Horney seemed to want to read a lot more into my posts than were there. I hope any kid from a DE school makes it. Hell, the state could become known for it's QB's! :thumb:
It already is remember guy named FLACCO????

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32778
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby 89Hen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:31 am

dal4018 wrote:
89Hen wrote:No, you were fine. Horney seemed to want to read a lot more into my posts than were there. I hope any kid from a DE school makes it. Hell, the state could become known for it's QB's! :thumb:
It already is remember guy named FLACCO????

Image
Image

One more would solidify the First State of QB's. 8-)
Image

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15520
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby SuperHornet » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Meh. The best male quarterback who ever lived is from Mesa (AZ)-Westwood HS....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32778
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby 89Hen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:50 pm

SuperHornet wrote:Meh. The best male quarterback who ever lived is from Mesa (AZ)-Westwood HS....

Why the "male" qualifier? :dunce:
Image

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby dal4018 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:27 pm

93henfan wrote:Here are some HS highlight clips. Granted, it's against high school talent, but the kid is impressive:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6280178/Tylik-Bethea

I still think DelState will ruin him though.

Everyone is in entitled to a opinion.

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby dal4018 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:29 pm

89Hen wrote:
dal4018 wrote:It already is remember guy named FLACCO????

Image
Image

One more would solidify the First State of QB's. 8-)

Forgot Mr Gannon

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby css75 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:13 pm

If he is any good he will be gonzo by next season.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15520
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby SuperHornet » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:02 pm

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Meh. The best male quarterback who ever lived is from Mesa (AZ)-Westwood HS....

Why the "male" qualifier? :dunce:


Because, unlike some, I actually acknowledge the fact that the best QB to come out of Redlands (CA) HS is female, having won three world championships as the captain of the US Women's National Football Team. She is one of the best QBs who ever lived....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 32778
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby 89Hen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:22 am

SuperHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote:Why the "male" qualifier? :dunce:


Because, unlike some, I actually acknowledge the fact that the best QB to come out of Redlands (CA) HS is female, having won three world championships as the captain of the US Women's National Football Team. She is one of the best QBs who ever lived....

So now you take OUT the qualifier? There's no fixing you. You're permanently broken.
Image

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby dal4018 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:16 am

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Oh? Dal's dude hadn't played well against D-I competition, and was getting ridiculed here. I merely mention a similar guy, with a similar track of non-success at the collegiate level who went on to a stellar NFL career, and you can only claim "lack of reading comprehension," simply because I don't ape your unappreciative narrative, 89? You sound like AOC....

He had two offers, both from lower MEAC schools and he put up 7 points per game against DI opponents. I told Dal "We shall see.", not he sucks, will never make it, or anything close. If that's ridicule, don't go outside over 32 degrees, you might melt.

Morgan St was the other school that offered him a scholarship.

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Future NFL Signal Caller

Postby dal4018 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:19 am

css75 wrote:Transfer portal awaits.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I say that he will stay and improve once he does ppl will start saying his name and Del.St will start to garner recognition among other schools in the MEAC and nationally.


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mvemjsunpx and 63 guests