Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Re: Montana vs Western State...

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Silenoz wrote:All I know is... after watching that game, I'd be very afraid to play the Griz. We are extremely fast and hard-hitting. I don't remember the last time I've been this excited early in the season
Yeah, maybe if you were a horrible D-II team. C'mon now, anybody is going to look good against Western State. I'm not saying Montana doesn't have a good team this year, but let's take off the maroon-colored-jizz-covered glasses and put this in a little perspective. If the Griz romp Cal Poly and EWU, I'll give credit where credit is due. But this game doesn't really tell anybody a whole lot, except Western State is garbage, and Pflu likes to step on the little guys' throats. :lol:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
100 blown assignments, mabye. Bank on it, alphabitch.

Your line is garbage and your offense struggled against one of the weakest, if not the weakest D-II team out there. :lol: :lol: :lol: We'll see how the Griz play against a real team next week.

Our line struggled?

Cool, I hope we struggle the same way against EWU. :roll:
Good for you, alphabitch! :thumb:
ronbo
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: montana

Post by ronbo »

These guys were not the worst team in Division II. They were 3-8 last season and returned 16 starters including their QB, RB, and top WR. There are many worse Div II's than Western State.
"Your life is an occasion, rise to it."
Carpe Diem! Go Griz!
http://oilnexus.com 25,000 mile oil changes. Engine warranty. Eliminate sludge.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Montana vs Western State Highlights

Post by SeattleGriz »

[youtube][/youtube]

Highlights are good for looking at our new UNIs!

Also of note, #17 (Gerald Kemp) at the end of the highlights is a converted QB. Thank goodness they are trying to find ways to get him on the field. Too good of an overall athlete to have him on the sidelines.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Silenoz wrote:All I know is... after watching that game, I'd be very afraid to play the Griz. We are extremely fast and hard-hitting. I don't remember the last time I've been this excited early in the season
Yeah, maybe if you were a horrible D-II team. C'mon now, anybody is going to look good against Western State. I'm not saying Montana doesn't have a good team this year, but let's take off the maroon-colored-jizz-covered glasses and put this in a little perspective. If the Griz romp Cal Poly and EWU, I'll give credit where credit is due. But this game doesn't really tell anybody a whole lot, except Western State is garbage, and Pflu likes to step on the little guys' throats. :lol:
Oh Jesus Christ. It's fucking college football. If you can't keep up, maybe you shouldn't be on the field in the first place. Pflu said earlier in camp that he's not Hauck, and that he won't back down and play conservatively.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
ronbo
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: montana

Post by ronbo »

2009 Griz (National Runnerup) 38-0 over Western State.
2010 Griz 73-2 over Western State with 16 returning starters and all skill players returning.

Did WSU just get mysteriously worse with an extra 11 games of experience???? :lol: Or..... are the Grizzlies that much better? Figure that one out Screamin Eagle.
"Your life is an occasion, rise to it."
Carpe Diem! Go Griz!
http://oilnexus.com 25,000 mile oil changes. Engine warranty. Eliminate sludge.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Well since us Griz fans actually see all of our games, and not just box scores...
We play D2 games every year, we have perspective on these games. The 2010 Griz team is gonna be beastly, Bobby ball is over and it was extremely apparent in how the game played out.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

EWURanger wrote:
Agreed, Griz looked good, but, I'm not sure if I'd be beating my chest about beating a really bad Division II team.

Montana State - 59
Fort Lewis - 10

Northern Arizona - 48
Western New Mexico - 0

Northern Colorado - 54
Adams State - 0

Idaho State - 32
Montana-Western - 3

Just sayin'
Good lord you EWU fans.

As people who were actually at the game, Griz fans can offer a perspective beyond the scoreboard. We could of finished 38-0 just like last year and I would of said the same thing. The defense is a completely different beast, and the offense is flush with speed. We are going to be better this year, period.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

ronbo wrote:2009 Griz (National Runnerup) 38-0 over Western State.
2010 Griz 73-2 over Western State with 16 returning starters and all skill players returning.

Did WSU just get mysteriously worse with an extra 11 games of experience???? :lol: Or..... are the Grizzlies that much better? Figure that one out Screamin Eagle.
Obviously the scores reflect the change in the UM schemes. The Griz are no longer a ground and pound control the clock team... yesterday you guys scored in a couple plays each time. You could've done that last year too with the same guys. Also you guys didn't pull the starters well into the 3rd? When did Pflu pull them? Your offense only accounted for 45 points.

And to Silenoz, I did watch the game. Half of it at least.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Oh, and regarding all their skill guys returning? So? They didn't score on you last year, and they didn't score on you this year (Griz caused the safety).
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

Obviously the scores reflect the change in the UM schemes. The Griz are no longer a ground and pound control the clock team... yesterday you guys scored in a couple plays each time. You could've done that last year too with the same guys. Also you guys didn't pull the starters well into the 3rd? When did Pflu pull them? Your offense only accounted for 45 points.

Haha, ONLY. :rofl:
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

Not sure if you noticed, but both teams chose to forgo the last 5:30 of the 2nd quarter and call it a half due to the lightning strikes. I would bet that is one reason why Pflugrad kept some of the offensive starters into the 3rd quarter.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

Not sure if you noticed, but both teams chose to forgo the last 5:30 of the 2nd quarter and call it a half due to the lightning strikes. I would bet that is one reason why Pflugrad kept some of the offensive starters into the 3rd quarter.
Why even try and explain it to him SeaGriz? SE is a good guy and I like him as a person but he doesn't look into things too deeple when he casts about his dispersions. we all know that this was a tune up game but we look to what can be gleaned from this as positives such as a noticeable difference in speed on the defense. The fact that Breske is still Breske as far as his highly motivated defenses go, There was also a noticeable difference in some swagger...I'm not sure if I'm real big on that but I could see it.

SE tries to light fires and I believe he actually believes some of the dumb shit he says. You're gonna have a tough time trying to talk with any sort of logic to him for the next few months. We just have to endure until at least after the EWU game.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Cap'n Cat wrote:You cocksuckers scheduling games like this....... You and Southern Illinois.

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Funny you mention the two teams that your team, with it's massive integrity in the scheduling department, has so much trouble getting a victory against.

You better get on the horn to the AD and see if they need some help so you can start beating your chest about victories instead of schedules. :thumb:
weberwildcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: WEEber State
A.K.A.: WeberHoops.com

Post by weberwildcat »

Willie wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

i hope someone says that too me at any point in this season. :lol:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

weberwildcat wrote:
Willie wrote: Haha, ONLY. :rofl:
I also chuckled pretty hard at that line and was happy to see Willie make SE look a fool on that one. :lol:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Willie wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

Try to stick with the original contention being discussed. Ronbo wanted to point out the vast difference between the outcomes of 2009 and this year against Western State. Last year your offense scored 38, this year your offense scored 45. That's not a big difference. If the Griz O scored all 73, I'd be impressed. The Griz D did look real good, then again Western State would have made ISU's D look good. But you guys go ahead and beat your chest all you want, good for you. Congrats on beating down the mighty Western State Mountaineers. :rofl:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
weberwildcat wrote:
I also chuckled pretty hard at that line and was happy to see Willie make SE look a fool on that one. :lol:
Darn, you got me there. Good one Ursus. :roll:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Up your game or stay out of our threads, we get sick of you lapping at our tit wanting some intellectual nourishment.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: I also chuckled pretty hard at that line and was happy to see Willie make SE look a fool on that one. :lol:
I know it. Thanks for recognizing it though. :thumb:
BearIt
Level2
Level2

Post by BearIt »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Willie wrote: Haha, ONLY. :rofl:
Try to stick with the original contention being discussed. Ronbo wanted to point out the vast difference between the outcomes of 2009 and this year against Western State. Last year your offense scored 38, this year your offense scored 45. That's not a big difference. If the Griz O scored all 73, I'd be impressed. The Griz D did look real good, then again Western State would have made ISU's D look good. But you guys go ahead and beat your chest all you want, good for you. Congrats on beating down the mighty Western State Mountaineers. :rofl:
Look at it this way

2009 TOP was 31:28 minutes with 38 Points (offense) = 1.21 points/minute
2010 TOP was 20:02 minutes with "only" 45 points (offense): 2.25 points/minute

That's almost double the scoring rate of last year. That's a huge difference.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Up your game or stay out of our threads, we get sick of you lapping at our tit wanting some intellectual nourishment.
I don't mind it so much when he is gentle....it kind of tickles a little bit. I don't like when he's really needy and getS overly aggressive though.

HEY MOTHERFUCKER! THESE ARE MY INTELLECTUAL TITS, NOT A GOD DAMN PIECE OF BEEF JERKY!!!!

AS I TOLD YOUR MOTHER,...TRY AND BE A LITTLE LESS TOOTHY AND LITTLE MORE TOUNGUEY!!!

WTF IS IT WITH EAGLE FANS AND THE TEETH ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME!!
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Up your game or stay out of our threads, we get sick of you lapping at our tit wanting some intellectual nourishment.
Intellectual nourishment... from alphabitch. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

BearIt wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Look at it this way

2009 TOP was 31:28 minutes with 38 Points (offense) = 1.21 points/minute
2010 TOP was 20:02 minutes with "only" 45 points (offense): 2.25 points/minute

That's almost double the scoring rate of last year. That's a huge difference.
That's not necessarily a good thing. Against a team that can hold their own, your defense is going to be on the field a long time. Ball control is crucial.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
I know it. Thanks for recognizing it though. :thumb:
I suppose I should pass on some of that intellectual nourishment I received from alphabitch.

Your welcome. :rofl: