TXST @ SLU
UCABEAR
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Central Arkansas
A.K.A.: UCABEAR

Re: SLC week 6 - Pick 'em

Post by UCABEAR »

Langston (NAIA) @ Lamar- I don't care what has happened to Lamar...it's NAIA. :geek:
Northwestern St @ UCA Let's see. Freshman.+ Injuries.+ No chemistry. + DBs problems. = homer pick.
SAM @ Nicholls No doubt. Sammie whammie :thumb:
SFA @ McNeese 4 yard dump passes are too much for the Cowboys.
TXST @ SLU Upset special..no...I just don't know. :lol:
McNeese75
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: McNeese State

Post by McNeese75 »

Langston (NAIA) @ Lamar
Northwestern St @ UCA
SAM @ Nicholls
SFA @ McNeese This is a complete homer pick :nod:
TXST @ SLU
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

Langston (NAIA) @ Lamar (see UCABEARs' comment)
Northwestern St @ UCA - show me what you can do in conference :thumb:
SAM @ Nicholls - SAM, hot and cold, I'm waiting on them to really show me something
SFA @ McNeese - unless McNeese shows flashes of the past few seasons on D and can shut down Moses
TXST @ SLU - It's in Hammond but the Freshman QB has settled in and the D, excluding UH, has only allowed 19 ppg., while the O is averaging 32 ppg. This D isn't going to let up like it did last year. Might be close but I'll be a homer too.
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

Just as a matter of interest...cause I just checked these stats
FCS Passing Efficiency Leaders (through 10/02)
20 Tyler Arndt TXST 139.49
22 Jeremy Moses SFA 137.82
23 Nathan Dick UCA 137.79

This could get really interesting
sfajack05
I am a fan of: SFA

Post by sfajack05 »

Langston (NAIA) @ Lamar - After two disappointing weeks Lamar takes this one. atleast they should. if they don't then I don't know what else to say.

Northwestern St @ UCA - I'm going to say UCA wins big in this one.

SAM @ Nicholls I'm going with Nicholls with the upset.

SFA @ McNeese Will be a good game. SFA doesn't play too well down in Lake Charles and even though some of the McNeese fans say they are having a down year and SFA is going to roll over them I think SFA pulls out a close one 35-31.

TXST @ SLU Hmmm this is a tough one...I think it will be close going into the 4th but Texas States avenges last seasons loss and wins in the last minute.
McNeese72
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: McNeese

Post by McNeese72 »

sfajack05 wrote: SFA @ McNeese Will be a good game. SFA doesn't play too well down in Lake Charles and even though some of the McNeese fans say they are having a down year and SFA is going to roll over them I think SFA pulls out a close one 35-31.
We are just a small speed bump on SFA's way to a conference championship. Just ask Moses. :)

Doc
sfajack05

Post by sfajack05 »

McNeese72 wrote:
sfajack05 wrote: SFA @ McNeese Will be a good game. SFA doesn't play too well down in Lake Charles and even though some of the McNeese fans say they are having a down year and SFA is going to roll over them I think SFA pulls out a close one 35-31.
We are just a small speed bump on SFA's way to a conference championship. Just ask Moses. :)

Doc
Those speed bumps are sometimes a pain in the ass. I still think it will be a close game because it is McNeese and it is in Lake Charles. Wish I could make it down there for the game this year but I can't. I've always had fun at McNeese. Probably the best tailgate in the SLC (I haven't been to UCA or SELA yet).
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Langston @ Lamar
Northwestern St @ UCA
SAM @ Nicholls
SFA @ McNeese
TXST @ SLU
Jacks16

Post by Jacks16 »

I really figured that this thread would be happening this week. I figure that this will tell who is ready to be for real or not. I hate that we are playing in the hole this week scares the hell out of me actually. I figure T state will throw down a win, sam will win, lamar big win, and upset of the week UCA wins. I really think this week could be a real big week in the SLC. Good luck everyone. Go RANGERS!!!!!!
UCABEAR
Level1
Level1

Post by UCABEAR »

For those Northwestern State fans who will be in Conway Saturday, the Little Rock Air Force Base is having it's free Air Show featuring the Golden Knights, Thunderbirds, and so much more! It'll give you something to do before the game and make the trip worth it! :lol:
UCABEAR
Level1
Level1

Post by UCABEAR »

Jacks16 wrote:I really figured that this thread would be happening this week. I figure that this will tell who is ready to be for real or not. I hate that we are playing in the hole this week scares the hell out of me actually. I figure T state will throw down a win, sam will win, lamar big win, and upset of the week UCA wins. I really think this week could be a real big week in the SLC. Good luck everyone. Go RANGERS!!!!!!

NWST is 1-4. UCA is 3-1 with a loss to Tulsa and a win over a top 25. How is UCA winning an upset? :blink:
sfajack05

Post by sfajack05 »

UCABEAR wrote:
Jacks16 wrote:I really figured that this thread would be happening this week. I figure that this will tell who is ready to be for real or not. I hate that we are playing in the hole this week scares the hell out of me actually. I figure T state will throw down a win, sam will win, lamar big win, and upset of the week UCA wins. I really think this week could be a real big week in the SLC. Good luck everyone. Go RANGERS!!!!!!

NWST is 1-4. UCA is 3-1 with a loss to Tulsa and a win over a top 25. How is UCA winning an upset? :blink:

Maybe he meant to say NWST wins over UCA for the upset...unless he really thinks beating Northwestern State is an upset than he must be new to SFA and not know anything about the SLC or Northwestern States.
UCABEAR
Level1
Level1

Post by UCABEAR »

:lol: I'm guessing that's what he meant. :lol: I don't have too much pride in my Bears to know that this year is gonna be tough and SFA will probably win the Southland....but the Bears aren't going to make it easy on the Jacks OR any other team in the conference...let alone the Demons! :rofl:
FAMU Rattler70
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Florida A&M Rattlers

Post by FAMU Rattler70 »

Langston @ Lamar
Northwestern St @ UCA
SAM @ Nicholls
SFA @ McNeese
TXST @ SLU
The Rattlers will strike, strike, and strike again.
I Bleed Orange and Green
FWJack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SFA Lumberjacks

Post by FWJack »

Langston @ Lamar - Lamar
Northwestern St @ UCA - UCA
SAM @ Nicholls - SAM
SFA @ McNeese - SFA
TXST @ SLU - TXST

Big weekend in the SLC.
Jacks16

Post by Jacks16 »

I was just being goofy. I honestly think UCA is going to win. It should be an easy win but coach p gets his kids up sometimes. I wish they could win four games and maybe since I like bradley dale they can take the same path as SFA.
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

Jacks - problem right now is that there are just not a whole lot of SLC posters on here. In fact, until the playoffs last year there were no SFA fans, at all, and just 2-3 from TXST and the same for McNeese & UCA.
I think we have 2-3 from NWS and 1-2 from Lamar, now. There seem to be no posters from Nicholls or UTSA or SAM.
We have increased our numbers but compared to some of the conferences, we represent poorly.
I have tried my best to get some of the TXST fans over here from BCF, and have had minor success, but I'd love for more of them to show up.

(and having guys/gals from UTA & TAMU-CC for the other sports would be nice too)