Should SFA try for FBS?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Should SFA try for FBS?

Post by clenz »

sfajack05 wrote:damn clenz, yes i know FCS is Division I. Sorry I misworded what I said. I know the FCS is division I. Just saying that FCS is a different level of division I since it sounded like the OP didn't know what he was talking about.
He doesn't.

It doesn't sound like a lot of the fans from SFA know what exactly it is they are.
AxeEmJacks
I am a fan of: SFA

Post by AxeEmJacks »

The OP does realize what he is talking about, but misworded his post, for which I apologize. I've just been getting tired of hearing if UTSA, TXST, or SHSU should move up. Why not us? I'm not looking for an argument, I just want the facts of what's holding us back. I didn't mean to cause a flamewar over what was a typo.
sfajack05
I am a fan of: SFA

Post by sfajack05 »

AxeEmJacks wrote:Why not us? I'm not looking for an argument, I just want the facts of what's holding us back
We don't have the fan base. We don't have the money. If SFA moved up they would just be another FIU, ULL, ULM etc.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

sfajack05 wrote:
AxeEmJacks wrote:Why not us? I'm not looking for an argument, I just want the facts of what's holding us back
We don't have the fan base. We don't have the money. If SFA moved up they would just be another FIU, ULL, ULM etc.
The move up also goes past athletics.
FWJack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SFA Lumberjacks

Post by FWJack »

TXST and UTSA have increadible geographic advantages. Their location makes them a convenient academic choice for many students in the state. Enrollment brings A LOT to the table especially when considering the athletic fees each student pays. We are lost in East Texas, along with SHSU which is why I'm a little surprised their name keeps being brought up. Maybe its because they are a tad closer to Houston and on I-45.