Football Championship Subdivision discussions
jhanel
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Northwestern State
A.K.A.: The Future Is Now!

Week 8 SLC

Post by jhanel »

It always gets crazy once conference starts.

2PM SFA vs. SHSU

3PM NSU @ TxState

4PM UCA @ Nicholls

6PM MSU @ SLU

Together we stand! BELIEVE! Go DEMONS!

TOGETHER:
http://www.vimeo.com/15952814
Northwestern State University 2011! We're All In!!! Link It Up!!!
sfajack05
I am a fan of: SFA

Re: Week 8 SLC

Post by sfajack05 »

2PM SFA vs. SHSU - Should be a good game with good crowd. Lots of energy as the Battle of The Piney Woods moves to Reliant Stadium. SAM is doing a lot better than most expected but I think an experienced SFA team will pull this out. 35-21.

3PM NSU @ TxState Texas State will be hungry for a win and will get past NSU.

4PM UCA @ Nicholls Nicholls gives UCA everything they can handle but UCA pulls it out in the fourth.

6PM MSU @ SLU SLU rebounds and hands MSU another rare loss in conference.
SloStang
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Post by SloStang »

sfajack05 wrote:2PM SFA vs. SHSU - Should be a good game with good crowd. Lots of energy as the Battle of The Piney Woods moves to Reliant Stadium. SAM is doing a lot better than most expected but I think an experienced SFA team will pull this out. 35-21.

4PM UCA @ Nicholls Nicholls gives UCA everything they can handle but UCA pulls it out in the fourth.

I think that McNeese State may be the best 2-4 team in the country. Their losses are to Missouri, LSU (gave them a good game), and two ranked FCS teams in SFA and Cal Poly. I really think that McNeese State will win at least 4 of their last five games.
FWJack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SFA Lumberjacks

Post by FWJack »

SloStang wrote:
sfajack05 wrote:2PM SFA vs. SHSU - Should be a good game with good crowd. Lots of energy as the Battle of The Piney Woods moves to Reliant Stadium. SAM is doing a lot better than most expected but I think an experienced SFA team will pull this out. 35-21.

I think that McNeese State may be the best 2-4 team in the country. Their losses are to Missouri, LSU (gave them a good game), and two ranked FCS teams in SFA and Cal Poly. I really think that McNeese State will win at least 4 of their last five games.
Especially if SLU's starting QB can't go. I don't know what happened to him? Just looking at the box score from their game vs. Sam, another QB took quite a few snaps. Beaty? I think thats the name of their starting QB, anyway he is good and if they don't have him, I don't see them beating McNeese.
DG Cowboy
I am a fan of: McNeese
A.K.A.: bayouace

Post by DG Cowboy »

Hammond has traditionally been a tough place for McNeese to play (5-10). We are also down to our last experienced running back, Andre Anderson, unless Champlain Babin can suit up. Lost a freshman RB (Young) at LSU with a broken leg. Marcus Wiltz has an ACL and is gone. Babin got a concussion against Lamar and has been in and out of the games. Didn't play against LSU. We have defensive backs auditioning for RB. Our starter at QB, Jacob Bower, got a concussion against SFA and missed the LSU game, but Cody Stroud did a nice job. So who knows what Lions and Cowboys will suit up and play.

So I'm going with SFA, UCA, Northwestern, and McNeese in a tight one.
Apparently anything can happen today. Mark Twain
slulionsfan
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southeastern Louisiana

Post by slulionsfan »

FWJack wrote:
SloStang wrote: I think that McNeese State may be the best 2-4 team in the country. Their losses are to Missouri, LSU (gave them a good game), and two ranked FCS teams in SFA and Cal Poly. I really think that McNeese State will win at least 4 of their last five games.
Especially if SLU's starting QB can't go. I don't know what happened to him? Just looking at the box score from their game vs. Sam, another QB took quite a few snaps. Beaty? I think thats the name of their starting QB, anyway he is good and if they don't have him, I don't see them beating McNeese.
Beatty is fine...he was pulled last week, not injured...he'll definitely start on Saturday and I expect he'll play much better than he did in Huntsville.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SFA vs. SHSU
NSU @ TxState
UCA @ Nicholls
MSU @ SLU
FWJack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SFA Lumberjacks

Post by FWJack »

SFA vs. SHSU Looks to be a great matchup, the Lumberjack defense will be too much for a one dimensional run game. The Bearkats will need to find a passing game in this one, and even if they do, they will have to outscore a talanted SFA offense. Jacks win!
NSU @ TxState Tough to call, the last two weeks have really thrown a wrench in my comprehension of the entire league. Even though TXST loss last week, the QB had a good game, and CatMom has told us that the defense usually starts off lights out but the offense keeps putting them in poor situations. This week they put it all together.
UCA @ Nicholls Another tough one. I will take UCA. I don't know what happened to the bears agains northwestern, but outside of FBS Tulsa, SFA is a quality loss if there is such a thing. Also, UCA put together several good drives agains the Jacks, but the Jacks came up big with a turnover or a special teams play. UCA rebounds.
MSU @ SLU Again, the SLC isn't making it easy to pick these games. Sounds like McNeese is beat up a bit. If the SLU QB Beatty has a decent game, they win, so thats who I'm going with...in a close one.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

Hey, if you put money on TXST going 0-7 in conference, I bet you would make some big $$$$$

We have absolutely no offense. The D played a great game again and the O could not score if you spotted them inside a foot at the goal line. There is just no word to describe it...seriously.

But hey, let's stick with the freshman the rest of the year and also not find a way to improve the O line. Maybe they could move some of the back-up D players over. :ohno: Our O line can't open up any lanes for our RBs.

BTW - they actually did let Hawkins play today....3 runs and an incomplete pass. It was a perfect pass to an open Griggs in the EZ, that he just......dropped. Yeah, Arndt got hurt at the end of the 4th, so they had to bring Hawkins in. How awful :o

4 games left and it's going to be very hard to watch. But, I'll be at 2 of them.