Villanova @ App State

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Villanova @ App State

Post by 93henfan »

pistolero63 wrote:Great matchup with ASU vs Villanova! Is it definitely a saturday noon game on ESPN?
¡Si!

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nca ... racket.pdf
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
jd of de
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Delaware & Illinois

Post by jd of de »

pistolero63 wrote:Great matchup with ASU vs Villanova! Is it definitely a saturday noon game on ESPN?
yep http://espn.go.com/college-football/sch ... 5/group/81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 1946 · 1963 · 1971 · 1972 · 1979 · 2003
RUNNERS-UP · 1974 · 1978 · 1982 · 2007 · 2010
5 time Division 1-A National Champions & 5 - Final Fours
BoonerBG
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by BoonerBG »

APP YES, but then you have to go next with Montana. I know the Grizz are not playing this year, but your post is about the best in the FCS. Just has to be APP and Montana you have to love Montana's rich history, their ability to put fans in the stands and the quality of the program. Besides APP fans actually like the Montana fans. They understand football, and know how to host a game treating the opponent with respect. APPSOLUTELY AND THE GRIZZZZZZZZ....
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

Wincaps wrote:
Fact wrote:Yes, appy state did beat michigan (three years ago) and that's why they are half of the reason why this is a sexy matchup. [/size]
Aside from you thinking we are only a football program because of one game against Michigan, Appalachian can play ball and win. App has 6 consecutive southern conference titles and still counting, 3 national championships in a row (that hasn't happened since Army did it in the 40's), 2 Walter Payton awards, highest average attendance in the FCS, and numerous playoff appearances, all of which has been accomplished in less than a decade. Even if App doesn't make it to the big title game this season it would be foolish for any opponent to undermined App's talent. I haven't done my research but I would like to see what Villanova football has achieved aside from being defending champs in recent years. (Seriously, I'm not sure and wouldn't mind knowing) For everyone else reading this I'm not trying to be obnoxious and just brag about the university I'm attending but I'm sure none of us like it when it's implied that our teams don't deserve what they have clearly earned or are called out as being less than what they honestly are. Villanova is a excellent FCS football team and personally I can't wait to watch this game. Lets just be excited about this match up and try not to undermine each others programs. The teams remaining are in the playoffs for a reason.
Easy Wincaps...don't think he was implying any disrespect, just acknowledging the name recognition generated by the Michigan win 3 years ago and it's importance with regard to marquee ESPN matchup. While our accomplishments (and 'Nova's) are well known within FCS circles, the general ESPN-viewing public will probably only know App State from the Michigan win, not the 3 NC's, & will know 'Nova as a basketball school as well as the alma mater of Howie Long, not the defending FCS national champion.
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
CrackerRiley
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by CrackerRiley »

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... _Nova.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does the Villanova coach actually know anything about ASU? I think the answer is no. For their sake, I hope he knows more about the gameplan than he does about other aspects of the game.

"I've never been there. I'll have to look on a map. I just know it's in the mountains. It'll be cold." :orly:

"This is a test of who we really are," Talley said. "It's a phenomenal environment. There'll be 30,000 watching, maybe more. But we've played at Delaware, West Virginia, the Linc in front of 30,000. So it's not like we haven't been through the wars, in adverse conditions.
"There's no I in team, but there's an I in win."
ImageImage
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

CrackerRiley wrote:http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... _Nova.html

Does the Villanova coach actually know anything about ASU? I think the answer is no. For their sake, I hope he knows more about the gameplan than he does about other aspects of the game.

"I've never been there. I'll have to look on a map. I just know it's in the mountains. It'll be cold." :orly:

"This is a test of who we really are," Talley said. "It's a phenomenal environment. There'll be 30,000 watching, maybe more. But we've played at Delaware, West Virginia, the Linc in front of 30,000. So it's not like we haven't been through the wars, in adverse conditions.

I wish we would have 30,000 for the game.
Wincaps
A.K.A.: ASUicehockey

Post by Wincaps »

Yes it is official. They even have it as the main post on GoASU.com. I'll be catching a flight to Miami, FL Saturday but the flight lands at noon. I'll be running to the nearest sports bar and finding ESPN! Check it out!

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?D ... M_ID=21500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

What did he say that upset you? That he has to look on a map? Could you get in your car without a guide and make your way to Villanova Stadium or would you need some help?
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

93henfan wrote:

What did he say that upset you? That he has to look on a map? Could you get in your car without a guide and make your way to Villanova Stadium or would you need some help?
Go to agree with 93 on this one. It's not as if there is a major highway running through Boone or it's a metropolis. He stated we were a good program, but he couldn't find us. Me personally, I couldn't give you directions to the Nova campus either (or Missoula or Cheney or, before this summer, Northern AZ), but I could with a map....
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I'll take Nova plus the points. If any!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CrackerRiley
Level2
Level2

Post by CrackerRiley »

Appaholic wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Go to agree with 93 on this one. It's not as if there is a major highway running through Boone or it's a metropolis. He stated we were a good program, but he couldn't find us. Me personally, I couldn't give you directions to the Nova campus either (or Missoula or Cheney or, before this summer, Northern AZ), but I could with a map....
I couldn't get to the nova campus either but he just made it sound like he didn't know we were in North Carolina. Just "in the mountains".
"There's no I in team, but there's an I in win."
ImageImage
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CrackerRiley wrote: I couldn't get to the nova campus either but he just made it sound like he didn't know we were in North Carolina. Just "in the mountains".
Exactly. "In the mountains" is like saying Villanova is "somewhere on the eastern seaboad." :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

Better put up the fancy curtains in the outhouse this week - show those northeast elitists we gots some class.

Oopps. Maybe that should be the defending national champion northeast elitists.

From the CAA?

Oh, my!

:notworthy:
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
wideright82
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Bosco
A.K.A.: Feldman

Villanova @ App State

Post by wideright82 »

Yep Boone, NC, Mecca of the south. Who doesn't know where that is? 3 hours from the closest airport and in the mountains, but app state plays there so of course the entire world should be familiar with the rock and it's longitude and latitude. Welcome to happy val.... Er.... The rock!

Some of you are awfully sensitive for a bunch of rough tough mountain men. Careful not to break any nails at the tailgate crocheting your scarf of black and gold. Pussies.

Hope app states players are tougher this year than a few of their fans or this will be a blood bath.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Holy crap! WR sighting!

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
wideright82
Supporter
Supporter

Villanova @ App State

Post by wideright82 »

andy7171 wrote:Holy crap! WR sighting!

My bow tie is blue you dick!
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

wideright82 wrote:

Hi.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

wideright82 wrote:

Not in this picture. :|

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
AppStateAlumQC
Level2
Level2

Post by AppStateAlumQC »

I didn't take the Nova coaches remarks to be an insult. It will probably be used as bulletin board material by some of the players and fans get a kick out of it but these are two great teams that are good enough to win a NC. Villanova will be at KBS saturday morning and hopefully the APPS will give them a rude welcoming!
Fact
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Villanova
A.K.A.: meek millz

Post by Fact »

yeah.. i didn't mean any insult to app state and i'm pretty sure the coaches didn't either.
http://twitter.com/TheFoyeEffect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Fact wrote:yeah.. i didn't mean any insult to app state and i'm pretty sure the coaches didn't either.
Who is the guy in your avatar, and why is he sticking his bottom lip out so far like that?

And before you ask, the guy in my avatar wears sunglasses at night because Superman can do whatever the hell he wants.
TheHerd
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Da Bizon

Post by TheHerd »

BoonerBG wrote:APP YES, but then you have to go next with Montana. I know the Grizz are not playing this year, but your post is about the best in the FCS. Just has to be APP and Montana you have to love Montana's rich history, their ability to put fans in the stands and the quality of the program. Besides APP fans actually like the Montana fans. They understand football, and know how to host a game treating the opponent with respect. APPSOLUTELY AND THE GRIZZZZZZZZ....
Is it next year that the App.St/Montana home and home starts? Or did all that fall through....thought I heard it was a done deal, but can't remember what year it starts. NDSU has a home and home with them starting in 2014 I believe and MSU in 2013.
ASUMountaineer
Level4
Level4

Post by ASUMountaineer »

TheHerd wrote:
BoonerBG wrote:APP YES, but then you have to go next with Montana. I know the Grizz are not playing this year, but your post is about the best in the FCS. Just has to be APP and Montana you have to love Montana's rich history, their ability to put fans in the stands and the quality of the program. Besides APP fans actually like the Montana fans. They understand football, and know how to host a game treating the opponent with respect. APPSOLUTELY AND THE GRIZZZZZZZZ....
Is it next year that the App.St/Montana home and home starts? Or did all that fall through....thought I heard it was a done deal, but can't remember what year it starts. NDSU has a home and home with them starting in 2014 I believe and MSU in 2013.
It starts in 2012 with Montana at ASU and the return trip is 2013 with ASU at Montana. Can't wait, I plan to be at both!
Appalachian State Mountaineers:

National Champions: 2005, 2006, and 2007
Southern Conference Champions: 1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT! NOTHING'S HOTTER THAN A-S-U!
wideright82
Supporter
Supporter

Post by wideright82 »

bandl wrote:
wideright82 wrote:
Hi.

Hello.