andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: From Gutter to Glory...InSt Football

Post by andy7171 »

dgreenwell3 wrote:
89Hen wrote: Razor is single handedly trying to give ODU a bad name, but I guess the difference is that Indiana State and Towson State have already reached their pinnacle this year. It's all downhill from here. ODU still has maybe one more year before they drop back to reality. 8-)
All downhill from here? We won six games last year, not exactly that bad.
He's just fishing for me to respond. :coffee: Don't let them get to you. Enjoy your season.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

andy7171 wrote:
dgreenwell3 wrote: All downhill from here? We won six games last year, not exactly that bad.
He's just fishing for me to respond. :coffee: Don't let them get to you. Enjoy your season.
4 games against D1....None against teams over .500....along with wins over D2 and NAIA teams.
dgreenwell3
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Indiana State

Post by dgreenwell3 »

clenz wrote:
andy7171 wrote: He's just fishing for me to respond. :coffee: Don't let them get to you. Enjoy your season.
4 games against D1....None against teams over .500....along with wins over D2 and NAIA teams.
Not my point, people act like Indiana state was riding a losing streak last year but a lot of people (Including myself) expected them to finish top 3-4. This didn't come out of nowhere, Indiana State has been on the up and up for a bit.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dgreenwell3 wrote:
clenz wrote: 4 games against D1....None against teams over .500....along with wins over D2 and NAIA teams.
Not my point, people act like Indiana state was riding a losing streak last year but a lot of people (Including myself) expected them to finish top 3-4. This didn't come out of nowhere, Indiana State has been on the up and up for a bit.
Well, when you're 2-54 for the previous five years, I can't imagine you could go down. :shock:

See, now you made me pick on you again. :x
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I feel as though my attempt to disprove the "UNI ran the score up on us :cry: comments is going to be overlooked on this thread.
TribeFanInNC
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: William & Mary Tribe

Post by TribeFanInNC »

clenz wrote:I feel as though my attempt to disprove the "UNI ran the score up on us :cry: comments is going to be overlooked on this thread.
I appreciate an argument backed up by information rather than guesswork and faulty memory. Thank you.

Happy now? ;)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

TribeFanInNC wrote:
clenz wrote:I feel as though my attempt to disprove the "UNI ran the score up on us :cry: comments is going to be overlooked on this thread.
I appreciate an argument backed up by information rather than guesswork and faulty memory. Thank you.

Happy now? ;)
I love a Happy Ending. :thumb:
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

pantherrob82 wrote:Sweet, Sycamore trolls. Get your posts in before Saturday, because you won't be back.
My money is here :thumb:
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
dgreenwell3
Level1
Level1

Post by dgreenwell3 »

Clenz,
THe 2007 game seems to be the one I remember as being "out of hand", as I said earlier, I can't remember a single one thing or the other because that was a year before Trent was hired so we were bad in the truest since of the word.
panther-state
I am a fan of: THE Northern Iowa
A.K.A.: Lakes' Idols

Post by panther-state »

dgreenwell3 wrote:Clenz,
THe 2007 game seems to be the one I remember as being "out of hand", as I said earlier, I can't remember a single one thing or the other because that was a year before Trent was hired so we were bad in the truest since of the word.
Well it seems pretty clear that it was not "out of hand". I don't think Farley has a vendetta against the Sycs and I think that you being on the sideline and having more of an emotional tie to that game is what might be causing you to believe we intentionally tried to embarrass you. Cut us some slack, we are not Stephen F. Austin. Our coach has some class
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

panther-state wrote:
dgreenwell3 wrote:Clenz,
Well it seems pretty clear that it was not "out of hand". I don't think Farley has a vendetta against the Sycs and I think that you being on the sideline and having more of an emotional tie to that game is what might be causing you to believe we intentionally tried to embarrass you. Cut us some slack, we are not Stephen F. Austin. Our coach has some class
I'll agree with this.

The second stringers were in at half (or right after) with third and fourth stringers in during the 4th. UNI runs the ball 55 times a game against InSU and puts those kind of points up. That isn't on UNI, that's on InSU.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dgreen is too nice. We need to get Shakir back in here for some mindless fun. ;)
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

89Hen wrote:dgreen is too nice. We need to get Shakir back in here for some mindless fun. ;)
Agreed....grenwell uses common sense, it's hard for me to pull my shtick against someone that does that.
dgreenwell3
Level1
Level1

Post by dgreenwell3 »

Haha, As I said before UNI isn't the one that majorly pissed me off with this and I really couldn't point one thing that was like "You f****ing tools."
NDSU was the worst, 4th quarter up like 52-7 and you are running a fake punt? Douche move.
pantherrob82
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UNI, Montana, UNH, McNees

Post by pantherrob82 »

I wonder if we already scared Shakir off.
pantherrob82
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UNI, Montana, UNH, McNees

Post by pantherrob82 »

dgreenwell3 wrote:Haha, As I said before UNI isn't the one that majorly pissed me off with this and I really couldn't point one thing that was like "You f****ing tools."
NDSU was the worst, 4th quarter up like 52-7 and you are running a fake punt? Douche move.
When did that happen?
dgreenwell3
Level1
Level1

Post by dgreenwell3 »

pantherrob82 wrote:
dgreenwell3 wrote:Haha, As I said before UNI isn't the one that majorly pissed me off with this and I really couldn't point one thing that was like "You f****ing tools."
When did that happen?
November 14 2009.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

That's a douche move....running the ball 55 times out of 68 plays is not.
lakesbison
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: lakesbison

Post by lakesbison »

wait, they ran a trick punt up 52-7?? dam. well Dgreenwell, just cheer for NDSU to return them the favor. cuz I dont think IN ST will win this saturday
dgreenwell3
Level1
Level1

Post by dgreenwell3 »

lakesbison wrote:wait, they ran a trick punt up 52-7?? dam. well Dgreenwell, just cheer for NDSU to return them the favor. cuz I dont think IN ST will win this saturday
Congratufreakinglations? Return the favor?
What's funny is after the game the NDSU coach said, "It was a bad snap." and then after watching the tape Coach miles was like "I didn't know Guards pulled to block on bad snaps."
panther-state

Post by panther-state »

lakesbison wrote:wait, they ran a trick punt up 52-7?? dam. well Dgreenwell, just cheer for NDSU to return them the favor. cuz I dont think IN ST will win this saturday
:facepalm: I always suspected it...but now it's official: Lakes is illiterate :dunce: :dunce:
slycat
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas State

Post by slycat »

Go Trees!!!!
DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Post by DJH »

Coach Farley is absolutely notorious for NOT running up scores. He often pulls the reigns in way to early, IMO.

Its pretty lame to complain about UNI running up the score on those ISU teams. It absolutely was not the case.
UNI FIGHT
ShakirBell22
I am a fan of: The Trees

Post by ShakirBell22 »

pantherrob82 wrote:I wonder if we already scared Shakir off.

Nope you didn't scare me off thats for sure....and to clarify, I was drunk last night when I posted this lol but I do believe the Sycamores will win this weekend still. We won't win the national championship by any means but hopefully a Walter Payton award! And as for the posts about ISU going downhill form here, you are crazy. We are finally set up for success for several years to come. GO TREES!
2012 Season Stats- 127 carries 824 yards 7TD
panther-state

Post by panther-state »

I have to agree, now that they have the ball rolling in the right direction the should continue to keep it going that way. Not saying that they will become the new MVFC stalwart but I don't see them returning to the conference shitter. Missouri State and SDSU seem to have that wrapped up, or at least until the Bears jump to C-USA or the SEC :roll: :rofl: