Montana State 9-0 vs FCS?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Montana State 9-0 vs FCS?

Post by AZGrizFan »

lakesbison wrote:yea BILL FETTE refused to overrule the fumble call, he had some bondage sex waiting for him in his cheney motel 6 room.
A good team wouldn't have let it come down to one play. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Strommer10
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: Strommer10

Post by Strommer10 »

lakesbison wrote:I hope MSU runs it and so does NDSU and we can meet in the championship this time.

EWU fans shut up. you got every call in that ndsu game, including a phantom catch off the turf the play before taiwan busted a 80 yard TD. and not gonna mention bill fette
You're not gonna mention it, but you just did... :roll:
Let's move on to this season. Bigger and better things await. :thumb:
For the strength of the Herd is the Bison and the strength of the Bison is the HERD
GO BISON!
JBS
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by JBS »

youngterrier wrote:No offense to the Big Sky, but from an outsider's perspective the league seems to be way down. sure they'll probably get at least 2 or maybe 3 or 4 teams in the playoffs but it seems that it's Montana State then everyone else and they're all fighting for second place.
This same thing is said year after year, but usually with it being Montana and then everyone else. It's a bunch of nonsense. If they did away with this regional format and let the 2nd and 3rd teams out of the Big Sky play the same caliber of opponents that the 2nd and 3rd from the Southern and CAA get to play in the first round, and put them in seperate brackets now and then, the last 10 years might have looked completly different.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

lakesbison wrote:yea BILL FETTE refused to overrule the fumble call, he had some bondage sex waiting for him in his cheney motel 6 room.
You are a SERIOUS closet case, lakes. :rofl: :rofl:
bison07
Level1
Level1

Post by bison07 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
lakesbison wrote:I hope MSU runs it and so does NDSU and we can meet in the championship this time.

EWU fans shut up. you got every call in that ndsu game, including a phantom catch off the turf the play before taiwan busted a 80 yard TD. and not gonna mention bill fette
Hilarious. "you got every call in that ndsu game" and followed up by "not gonna mention bill fette". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I got him hook line and sinker!! :lol: :lol:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

JBS wrote:
youngterrier wrote:No offense to the Big Sky, but from an outsider's perspective the league seems to be way down. sure they'll probably get at least 2 or maybe 3 or 4 teams in the playoffs but it seems that it's Montana State then everyone else and they're all fighting for second place.
This same thing is said year after year, but usually with it being Montana and then everyone else. It's a bunch of nonsense. If they did away with this regional format and let the 2nd and 3rd teams out of the Big Sky play the same caliber of opponents that the 2nd and 3rd from the Southern and CAA get to play in the first round, and put them in seperate brackets now and then, the last 10 years might have looked completly different.
:nod: :nod:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

bison07 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Where was it the next week when you gave up 220 yards rushing in the first half to a team MSU had beat by three scores. :coffee:

Same place it took you "gifts" to secure the win, and I might add there wont be any repeat this year :rofl:
Gifts? You mean the 5 gift turnovers in the second half we gave to NDSU, and they still couldn't put us away? :coffee:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

No, he upheld the ruling on the field, because there was not enough video evidence to overturn it. Same thing would have happened if the call on the field had been down by contact. It was too close to call. Get over it. Point Grizza was making was that you dipshits are too stupid to even direct your bitterness toward the right person. Get your panties in a twist at the Line Judge or Head Referee. :thumb:
JBS

Post by JBS »

This guy is a hoot!! I was on this forum during the Eagles Bison game last December and it must have been this guy or his twin brother saying crap like this all day. According to him, if it weren't for Refs and cowbells, the Bison would have beat the Packers last year. Man that was funny!! The best time I've ever had on a message board. I did start to feel a little sorry for other Bison posters though, having to be associated with the guy.
Northcoast
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Big Sky

Post by Northcoast »

NDSU was good last year but thy also had an advantage due to the weather. The bobcats were very pass orientated and the bad weather benefited the bison, by taking away some of the pass game. This year the cats have worked very hard on having a power run game to compliment the strong pass game. If the teams meet this year it should be a very good game. Cats would have a speed advantage, and if NDSU doesn't still have a big advantage on the line the Bobcats could run away with it. The Bobcats are bigger and better on both sides of the ball. I haven't seen NDSU yet this year but they are better offensively but may have lost some experience on their lines. I'm sure their fans on here feel they are better but they would say that if they were 0-6, so who knows.
Strommer10
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: Strommer10

Post by Strommer10 »

Northcoast wrote:NDSU was good last year but thy also had an advantage due to the weather. The bobcats were very pass orientated and the bad weather benefited the bison, by taking away some of the pass game. This year the cats have worked very hard on having a power run game to compliment the strong pass game. If the teams meet this year it should be a very good game. Cats would have a speed advantage, and if NDSU doesn't still have a big advantage on the line the Bobcats could run away with it. The Bobcats are bigger and better on both sides of the ball. I haven't seen NDSU yet this year but they are better offensively but may have lost some experience on their lines. I'm sure their fans on here feel they are better but they would say that if they were 0-6, so who knows.
I have said this already on here, but it would be a very fun match in the playoffs again this year. We have added a passing attack that was sorely lacking last year and returned the majority of both O-line & D-Line. From what everything I've heard/seen MSU has improved as well. Should be an exciting postseason! :thumb:
For the strength of the Herd is the Bison and the strength of the Bison is the HERD
GO BISON!
bison07
Level1
Level1

Post by bison07 »

Northcoast wrote: I'm sure their fans on here feel they are better but they would say that if they were 0-6, so who knows.
So basically the same thing your doing....right? :coffee:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I don't think he overruled anything....at least not the call I"m thinking of. He simply, and correctly, stated that there was not enough evidence through video replay to over turn the call on the field...
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWURanger wrote:Of their remaining schedule, Weber may have the best shot at knocking them off playing them at home.
Not so sure about that. Certainly, Weber having home field advantage will benefit them. But everyone knows that all bets are off in a rivalry scenario. The Brawl of the Wild is guaranteed to be a toughie for MSU. Is that a guarantee that the Kitties will lose? By no means. But if the Causeway Classic (not to mention Cowboys-Redskins) has taught me anything, it's to not take records into much account in figuring who will win.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
William Fette
I am a fan of: cowbell
A.K.A.: impartial

Post by William Fette »

I'm sorry I was rough on you that night after the game.
Upon further review
CatBlitz22
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by CatBlitz22 »

I hope North Dakota secedes.
Darell1976
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: THE Univ. of North Dakota
A.K.A.: darell1976

Post by Darell1976 »

It makes us Sioux fans even more excited to be joining the Big Sky!! I can't wait to take a trip to Bozeman and Missoula in the future!! See you next season MSU!!
2011 GWFC Co-Champs!!!!
Now Playoff Eligible!!
Northcoast
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Big Sky

Post by Northcoast »

Should be fun!
clawman
I am a fan of: Eastern Eagles

Post by clawman »

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Well since this is a thread about Montana State this season and not about NDSU vs EWU last season I will attempt to put it back on track by noting that if the Bobcats can get by Northern Colorado and Idaho State, the two teams who happen to be at the bottom of the Big Sky standings so far, then we will be in the playoffs no matter what happens against Weber and Montana. :thumb:

Anything can happen against the Bears and Bengals, but I do like our chances.
Its a slam dunk the cats are in the playoffs, just a matter of seeding based on final record. I see correlation between your season and the Eagles of last year. The breaks have gone your way as it did for the Eagles. You have had a couple of close games that could have gone either way and if they went differently your tone would be quite different.
Remember, when you loose you are not as bad as you feel, and when you win you are not as good as you THINK you are.
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
John F Kennedy
http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No_Skill
Level1
Level1

Post by No_Skill »

Northcoast wrote:NDSU was good last year but thy also had an advantage due to the weather. The bobcats were very pass orientated and the bad weather benefited the bison, by taking away some of the pass game. This year the cats have worked very hard on having a power run game to compliment the strong pass game. If the teams meet this year it should be a very good game. Cats would have a speed advantage, and if NDSU doesn't still have a big advantage on the line the Bobcats could run away with it. The Bobcats are bigger and better on both sides of the ball. I haven't seen NDSU yet this year but they are better offensively but may have lost some experience on their lines. I'm sure their fans on here feel they are better but they would say that if they were 0-6, so who knows.
Wait...so the weather benefited NDSU (team that plays all its home games in a dome) rather than the home team who plays outdoors...in the mountains?

Plus, it was a pretty nice day.
bison07
Level1
Level1

Post by bison07 »

No_Skill wrote:
Wait...so the weather benefited NDSU (team that plays all its home games in a dome) rather than the home team who plays outdoors...in the mountains?

Plus, it was a pretty nice day.
Yeah I questioned that too, Dead still, Sunny, little cold but perfect passing day.
cats2506
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: MSU Bobcats

Post by cats2506 »

Darell1976 wrote:It makes us Sioux fans even more excited to be joining the Big Sky!! I can't wait to take a trip to Bozeman and Missoula in the future!! See you next season MSU!!
We travel to UND in 2012, what is the status on a turf upgrade in your barn before then?
Darell1976
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: THE Univ. of North Dakota
A.K.A.: darell1976

Post by Darell1976 »

cats2506 wrote:
Darell1976 wrote:It makes us Sioux fans even more excited to be joining the Big Sky!! I can't wait to take a trip to Bozeman and Missoula in the future!! See you next season MSU!!
We travel to UND in 2012, what is the status on a turf upgrade in your barn before then?
http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/10576/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - UND and the Alerus Center are working fast to get new turf in place before the 2012 football season.

The big question left to discuss is how to pay for this new turf, and how that payment will be split. That needs to be decided within the next month, so the plan can move forward in time for the next football season.
The turf at the Alerus Center has reached its 10th birthday. That means it's time for a replacement.
"Currently we have more of a smaller nap turf. Longer fiber is what the new design is, so we're looking at that," Alerus Center Director of Operations Jeremy Linstad said.
Both the Alerus Center and UND are making this a high priority. But just how to split up the $4 million cost has not been decided.
Haven't heard anything since this news story Sept. 20th.
2011 GWFC Co-Champs!!!!
Now Playoff Eligible!!
lakesbison
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: lakesbison

Post by lakesbison »

Cat2506 they will be as tough as minot state. Their 6400 fans wont bother ya either
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Northcoast wrote:NDSU was good last year but thy also had an advantage due to the weather. The bobcats were very pass orientated and the bad weather benefited the bison, by taking away some of the pass game.
What are you talking about? MSU ran for 175 ypg last year and ran it 53% of the time. Orenzo Davis averaged nearly 100 ypg.