Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

New EWU Unis

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Too much solid red... hate the numbers. Very "clean" looking though. Hope we still wear the all blacks a couple of times.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Re: New EWU Unis

Post by EWURanger »

Meh, not crazy about the numbers but overall not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ASUMountaineer
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by ASUMountaineer »

The numbers don't bother me as much as the slanted numbers, but I like them overall. Nice job...especially on the sleeves. They're going to look hideous on that field though.
Appalachian State Mountaineers:

National Champions: 2005, 2006, and 2007
Southern Conference Champions: 1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT! NOTHING'S HOTTER THAN A-S-U!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

ASUMountaineer wrote:The numbers don't bother me as much as the slanted numbers, but I like them overall. Nice job...especially on the sleeves. They're going to look hideous on that field though.
Yep, just like the old red ones. The all blacks should be their default uni.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:The numbers don't bother me as much as the slanted numbers, but I like them overall. Nice job...especially on the sleeves. They're going to look hideous on that field though.
Yep, just like the old red ones. The all blacks should be their default uni.
:nod:
Cujo
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Cujo »

Am I crazy or isn't there a rule preventing them from wearing all red at home? (Same with Boise wearing all blue)
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Cujo wrote:Am I crazy or isn't there a rule preventing them from wearing all red at home? (Same with Boise wearing all blue)
No, that's just Boise State and the MW.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

:puke:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Cujo wrote:Am I crazy or isn't there a rule preventing them from wearing all red at home? (Same with Boise wearing all blue)
No, that's just Boise State and the MW.

I heard one of the terms for Boise to stay in the MWC was that they got to wear thier all blue's at home.

Anyway I am not sure I like the new uni's. I know Eastern is known for thier red, but I think that is way too much of it.

Needs more of Eastern's other colors, white and black. The design of the uniforms isnt bad though
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

As if the red rug wasn't bad enough. :x
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: No, that's just Boise State and the MW.

I heard one of the terms for Boise to stay in the MWC was that they got to wear thier all blue's at home.

Anyway I am not sure I like the new uni's. I know Eastern is known for thier red, but I think that is way too much of it.

Needs more of Eastern's other colors, white and black. The design of the uniforms isnt bad though
Eastern has at least 3 different complete sets and 2 different helmets that they wear - so I am sure you'll see any number of different combinations.

EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Nope. There is no NCAA rule against it. The Big Sky could come out with a rule against it, but so far they haven't.

It's kinda whatever if you ask me. We've beaten the crap out of plenty of teams wearing other color uniforms at home and I am pretty sure we may have lost a game or two wearing the all-red. Not totally sure though.

Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

EWURanger wrote:
Nope. There is no NCAA rule against it. The Big Sky could come out with a rule against it, but so far they haven't.

It's kinda whatever if you ask me. We've beaten the crap out of plenty of teams wearing other color uniforms at home and I am pretty sure we may have lost a game or two wearing the all-red. Not totally sure though.

Honestly for me it has more to do with how shitty it looks on TV. I've talked to kalm after a couple of games and even a couple of friends from Missoula that don't mind the field at all in person but it is just a horrible thing to watch a broadcast from there. Not trying to pick cuz it is what we have and all that but the red on red is just a bad idea as far as viewers go. It wouldn't make any difference to the opposing team that I can see as they are right there and the turf is generally not gonna hide anybody so it shouldn't matter to the opposition. Since it's not tougher on the opposing team but is tougher on the viewer it seems like exactly the opposite of what you'd want to happen.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Oh and agree with SE on the uni's.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gimmicky. But a lot of schools up that way are like that, so it's actually status quo.

What's really fucked up is the gray football. Is that even allowed?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
EWURanger wrote:

Honestly for me it has more to do with how shitty it looks on TV. I've talked to kalm after a couple of games and even a couple of friends from Missoula that don't mind the field at all in person but it is just a horrible thing to watch a broadcast from there. Not trying to pick cuz it is what we have and all that but the red on red is just a bad idea as far as viewers go. It wouldn't make any difference to the opposing team that I can see as they are right there and the turf is generally not gonna hide anybody so it shouldn't matter to the opposition. Since it's not tougher on the opposing team but is tougher on the viewer it seems like exactly the opposite of what you'd want to happen.
Agreed. The black looks a ton better for tv broadcasts.

TheHerd
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Da Bizon

Post by TheHerd »

Nice clean look, but waaaaaay too much red! I would hate to try and watch those uni's on that red field, especially on tv.
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:Image
:lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

93henfan wrote:What's really fucked up is the gray football. Is that even allowed?
I dunno. But the NFL used to have a white ball with black stripes specifically for use during night games.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SuperHornet wrote:
93henfan wrote:What's really fucked up is the gray football. Is that even allowed?
I dunno. But the NFL used to have a white ball with black stripes specifically for use during night games.
That's disgusting!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

kemajic
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: Kemajic

Post by kemajic »

SuperHornet wrote:Image

That's 60 year old stuff there. The lights probably weren't so hot back then - and no contact lenses.
"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney
mtgrizfankb
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Post by mtgrizfankb »

Forgot how much adidas sucks! Where is the style? With a flashy color you would think they would get more creative.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

I wanna see these with the black helmet. Maybe the black pants too.