89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: FCS over FBS Predictions - Week 3 2013

Post by 89Hen »

GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:has any fcs team played an fbs team at home?
I'd have to go back and look at the exact timing but it seems like we hosted Idaho @ home after they moved up.
It's somewhere in the annals of AGS or CS, but I think your last hosting of Idaho was it. :nod:

GFSIU, it used to happen all the time. UD hosted Navy and Temple in the same year ('85).
TribeFanInNC
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: William & Mary Tribe

Post by TribeFanInNC »

William & Mary's last 1-A home opponent was Temple in 1984, the year W&M moved to the 1-AA classification.

I'm sure it doesn't make financial sense to play an ACC team in Williamsburg--both teams make far more playing the game in their stadium.

(Georgia State might be a different story.)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BlackFalkin wrote:
kalm wrote:
And every FCS team plays on the road and gives up at least 22 schollies. Pretty damn impressive. :nod:

wouldn't it be interesting to see what those percentages would be if FCS teams played FBS teams at home. If EWU played WSU & UW at home EWU would have won both games.

also what are the percentages of FBS teams winning road games against FBS foes? bc maybe 10-17% is the norm.
:twocents: :coffee:
Division I teams hosting other Div I teams at the same level don't win 83-90% of the time.
Big 5 hosting Big 5, Non Big 5 hosting non Big 5, full scholly I-AA hosting full scholly I-AA, the road team doesn't only win 10-17% of the time & the home team win 83-90% of the time. Probably more like 55/45.

Below article points out that I-A teams win about 60% of home games, but that includes BCS hosting an
inordinate # of games with non BCS, and I-AA games.

The Myth of Home Field Advantage
http://www.cfbtn.com/2009/08/myth-of-ho ... e.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:

wouldn't it be interesting to see what those percentages would be if FCS teams played FBS teams at home. If EWU played WSU & UW at home EWU would have won both games.

also what are the percentages of FBS teams winning road games against FBS foes? bc maybe 10-17% is the norm.
:twocents: :coffee:
Division I teams hosting other Div I teams at the same level don't win 83-90% of the time.
Big 5 hosting Big 5, Non Big 5 hosting non Big 5, full scholly I-AA hosting full scholly I-AA, the road team doesn't only win 10-17% of the time & the home team win 83-90% of the time. Probably more like 55/45.

Below article points out that I-A teams win about 60% of home games, but that includes BCS hosting an

http://www.cfbtn.com/2009/08/myth-of-ho ... e.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My point still stands.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

My point still stands.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdoo43sp3ZY[/youtube]
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

My point still stands.
Eh, depends on what your definition of impressive is. I find I-AA winning historically about 10% of the time, neither impressive nor unimpressive, but about what I would expect. Sure are always on the road and sans 22 schollies, but do have the advantage of the I-A teams often taking them lightly and not getting up to play the I-AA..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Weber has played home to Utah State a few times, but I think that was before the classifications of 1A and 1AA
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

I remember EWU hosting Idaho in the late 90's at Joe Albi, which was our home venue at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWURanger wrote:
I remember EWU hosting Idaho in the late 90's at Joe Albi, which was our home venue at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't count...FBSINO....

:mrgreen:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

The last one that comes to mind for SIU was New Mexico State (1983). We beat them 41-3 and they haven't been back.
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."