Beau Baldwin to Montana?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Bronco
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: Beau Baldwin to Montana?

Post by Bronco »

Could he be acting interested to get a larger contract? Might be the1st time that has ever been tried.

Is the video from 2006 still on the EWU web site talking about the expansion of the stadium?
If so I would think he could be trying to kick start that work...finally

I post every year that EWU needs to build some TV stands on the visitor side so the large stands are shown on TV.
You should show your good side
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

Bronco wrote:Could he be acting interested to get a larger contract? Might be the1st time that has ever been tried.

Is the video from 2006 still on the EWU web site talking about the expansion of the stadium?
If so I would think he could be trying to kick start that work...finally

I post every year that EWU needs to build some TV stands on the visitor side so the large stands are shown on TV.
You should show your good side
I think you might be talking about the renovations that happened in 2003, which included new press box, additional seating, new locker rooms, etc. The first few phases of that were completed, the last phase (new grandstand) never was. The Gateway is something completely separate from that.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Recent speculation at Oregon State is the Beavers are going to make a run at Baldwin to replace Riley.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

JALMOND wrote:Recent speculation at Oregon State is the Beavers are going to make a run at Baldwin to replace Riley.
Yep. I would think he'd be a legit candidate.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

EWURanger wrote:
JALMOND wrote:Recent speculation at Oregon State is the Beavers are going to make a run at Baldwin to replace Riley.
Yep. I would think he'd be a legit candidate.
Yeah, can't see anyone turning down that payday if offered.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

From both OLive and the Spokesman Review. Of course, it is early...

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... te_be.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/d ... andidate-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Montana just got trumped. :nod:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... te_be.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/d ... andidate-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, yes.

I'm more surprised that Nebraska hired Mike Riley. That was out of left field…
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

EWOO fans, prepare to slide back into mediocrity ASAP.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Florida OC would also be a great job for Baldwin.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

JALMOND wrote:

Baldwin was never a legitimate candidate at Montana. The whole thing was purposely leaked to serve as a distraction leading up to the game. Desperation tactics. :nod:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

AZGrizFan wrote:EWOO fans, prepare to slide back into mediocrity ASAP.
Wishful thinking. :nod:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Just like when Meyer graduated? When Wulff left? When Nichols graduated? I could go on. :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Just like when Meyer graduated? When Wulff left? When Nichols graduated? I could go on. :coffee:
How many chippers did any of those people win?
But yes, please, do go on.
GrizFan5
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFan5 »

EWURanger wrote:
JALMOND wrote:

Baldwin was never a legitimate candidate at Montana. The whole thing was purposely leaked to serve as a distraction leading up to the game. Desperation tactics. :nod:
I don't know if Baldwin was a legitimate candidate or not, but the UM AD did go to meet with him just before Thanksgiving.
Last edited by GrizFan5 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

EWURanger wrote:
JALMOND wrote:

Baldwin is a legitimate candidate at Oregon State. That should be just as big of a distraction, I would think. Not knowing for sure if your coach will be back next year...
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: Just like when Meyer graduated? When Wulff left? When Nichols graduated? I could go on. :coffee:
How many chippers did any of those people win?
The POINT, was that the same thing was said by griz fans when EWU lost those great players and coach. And yet not only did we not slide back into mediocrity, we became even more of a force, and recruited/developed even better players.

Ya dumb idiot.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: How many chippers did any of those people win?
The POINT, was that the same thing was said by griz fans when EWU lost those great players and coach. And yet not only did we not slide back into mediocrity, we became even more of a force, and recruited/developed even better players.

Ya dumb idiot.
Redundant...
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: How many chippers did any of those people win?

Ya dumb idiot.
And you did those things once you got Baldwin as your head coach. Losing a good head coach is a tad bit different than losing a couple good players. Moran.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

kalm wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: The POINT, was that the same thing was said by griz fans when EWU lost those great players and coach. And yet not only did we not slide back into mediocrity, we became even more of a force, and recruited/developed even better players.

Ya dumb idiot.
Redundant...
Clearly you don't watch Archer. :ohno:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: The POINT, was that the same thing was said by griz fans when EWU lost those great players and coach. And yet not only did we not slide back into mediocrity, we became even more of a force, and recruited/developed even better players.

Ya dumb idiot.
And you did those things once you got Baldwin as your head coach. Losing a good head coach is a tad bit different than losing a couple good players. Moran.
We were doing those things with Wulff. Griz said the same shit then. When Baldwin eventually leaves, we will replace him with another great coach. It's what we do. :coffee:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Grizalltheway wrote:

Ya dumb idiot.
Baldwin won the NC largely with players that were recruited under Wulff. You clearly just don't get it.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

EWURanger wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: And you did those things once you got Baldwin as your head coach. Losing a good head coach is a tad bit different than losing a couple good players. Moran.
Baldwin won the NC largely with players that were recruited under Wulff. You clearly just don't get it.
You're right, I don't get how Eastern fans can tell us we might struggle after losing Pflugrad (which we did) but then turn around and act like it'll be a completely seamless transition from Baldwin to whomever the new guy is. Those who don't rembember the past etc, etc. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
EWURanger wrote:
You're right, I don't get how Eastern fans can tell us we might struggle after losing Pflugrad (which we did) but then turn around and act like it'll be a completely seamless transition from Baldwin to whomever the new guy is. Those who don't rembember the past etc, etc. :coffee:
Did you have VA, Cooper Kupp, and a shit ton of experience coming back on D?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
I'm not saying you'll go 5-6 next year if Baldwin leaves, but I don't think you should minimize the role he's played in your recent success.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
kalm wrote:
I'm not saying you'll go 5-6 next year if Baldwin leaves, but I don't think you should minimize the role he's played in your recent success.
I haven't.

But with what we have coming back, this might be the best possible time for Beau to leave, giving the predecessor a chance to continue the momentum.