Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: New FCS uniforms for 2012

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

I have heard rumors that Weber is getting rid of the black uniforms and going to a combination of Purple, Grey, black and White, but Im not sure if these "rumors" are true.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:I have heard rumors that Weber is getting rid of the black uniforms and going to a combination of Purple, Grey, black and White, but Im not sure if these "rumors" are true.
It would make sense considering the logo redesign.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Not FCS - but rumors swirling Penn State getting new uniforms. Trying to leave the Paterno era behind.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

bluehenbillk wrote:Not FCS - but rumors swirling Penn State getting new uniforms. Trying to leave the Paterno era behind.
:rimshot:
tampajag
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: whooties
A.K.A.: hamburger pimp

Post by tampajag »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:Not FCS - but rumors swirling Penn State getting new uniforms. Trying to leave the Paterno era behind.
:rimshot:
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

I wish ASU would change their uniforms - from what I can find it looks like we adopted the current ones in 2005 and have only added the yellow jersey for a few games over the last couple of seasons.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Still all white, but red in the ass?

Perhaps they lace up in the rear?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

93henfan wrote:
Still all white, but red in the ass?

Perhaps they lace up in the rear?
They're installing a flap.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

ASUG8 wrote:I wish ASU would change their uniforms - from what I can find it looks like we adopted the current ones in 2005 and have only added the yellow jersey for a few games over the last couple of seasons.
+1

We're still wearing Miami's old uniforms that are over a decade old.

When you decide to go with a trendy uniform design... you need to be ready change it up... or otherwise it looks dated.

I wish we'd just go with something classic and then just stick with it.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GoldenBobcat
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by GoldenBobcat »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:I wish ASU would change their uniforms - from what I can find it looks like we adopted the current ones in 2005 and have only added the yellow jersey for a few games over the last couple of seasons.
+1

When you decide to go with a trendy uniform design... you need to be ready change it up... or otherwise it looks dated.

There is nothing wrong with the App State uniforms. They are great! They do look classic and if you stick to them, then they will be classic.
ODUsmitty
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: ODU
A.K.A.: ODUsmitty

Post by ODUsmitty »

Our alternate jersey will be military-themed, in honor of the many service members in the Tidewater area. Love the black unis we have, and these are pretty cool, as well.

For you folks that don't have the pleasure of smelling salt-water air, that blue cammo-print is what they wear on Navy ships and bases these days.
Last edited by ODUsmitty on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Maxine Waters reaches the pearly gates, I hope St. Peter bitch-slaps her with a large, wet teabag
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
+1

UNI got "new" uniforms for the 2010 season....Miami's uniform style from 2004....

It'll probably be 2014 or 2015 before we even hear of a "new" style being thought about.

It will likely be a "first gen" pro combat style
GoldenBobcat

Post by GoldenBobcat »

JayBilasBitesPillows wrote:Our alternate jersey will be military-themed, in honor of the many service members in the Tidewater area. Love the black unis we have, and these are pretty cool, as well.

For you folks that don't have the pleasure of smelling salt-water air, that blue cammo-print is what they wear on Navy ships and bases these days.
Is it just me, or is the designs they have for "cammo" make it look like the army is fighting in the world of Tron? Seriously, the patter looks like a tiling cable signal!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I'm not a fan of military themed uni's. The Padres wear cammo every home Sunday game and although I think the idea is honorable, I don't really like how they look. :twocents:
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

GoldenBobcat wrote:Is it just me, or is the designs they have for "cammo" make it look like the army is fighting in the world of Tron? Seriously, the patter looks like a tiling cable signal!
Let me put my ACUs on, go out in a field of sage brush, lay down, and you try to spot me. Good luck with that. They blend in extremely well in those and desert environments. Hence the "forest" and desert ACU patterns.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
GoldenBobcat

Post by GoldenBobcat »

Something I just thought about: most FBS schools will have a "big reveal" of new uniforms. They will have small fashion shows and have a media party and have a big countdown on their website hinting at the reveals of the new uniforms. But do any of the FCS schools do that? Is there a lot of fan fare over new uniforms for FCS schools? Cause I can name about 10 FBS schools that made a big deal about new uniforms, but I can't think of one FCS school that did.
tampajag
Supporter
Supporter

Post by tampajag »

GoldenBobcat wrote:Something I just thought about: most FBS schools will have a "big reveal" of new uniforms. They will have small fashion shows and have a media party and have a big countdown on their website hinting at the reveals of the new uniforms. But do any of the FCS schools do that? Is there a lot of fan fare over new uniforms for FCS schools? Cause I can name about 10 FBS schools that made a big deal about new uniforms, but I can't think of one FCS school that did.
last year Southern did something like that at fan day, had three players model the uniforms and posted the pics on fb. then they went 4-7 in those uniforms. This year they quietly unveiled their new helmet. :lol:
GAD_SU
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern U.
A.K.A.: GAD

Post by GAD_SU »

tampajag wrote:
GoldenBobcat wrote:Something I just thought about: most FBS schools will have a "big reveal" of new uniforms. They will have small fashion shows and have a media party and have a big countdown on their website hinting at the reveals of the new uniforms. But do any of the FCS schools do that? Is there a lot of fan fare over new uniforms for FCS schools? Cause I can name about 10 FBS schools that made a big deal about new uniforms, but I can't think of one FCS school that did.
last year Southern did something like that at fan day, had three players model the uniforms and posted the pics on fb. then they went 4-7 in those uniforms. This year they quietly unveiled their new helmet. :lol:
The new helmets were unveiled at the recruiting bash
tampajag
Supporter
Supporter

Post by tampajag »

GAD_SU wrote:
tampajag wrote: last year Southern did something like that at fan day, had three players model the uniforms and posted the pics on fb. then they went 4-7 in those uniforms. This year they quietly unveiled their new helmet. :lol:
The new helmets were unveiled at the recruiting bash
I got the pic that night. I've been wanting to see white helmets for a long time, never was a big fan of the blue except for a couple years.
GAD_SU
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern U.
A.K.A.: GAD

Post by GAD_SU »

tampajag wrote:
GAD_SU wrote: The new helmets were unveiled at the recruiting bash
I got the pic that night. I've been wanting to see white helmets for a long time, never was a big fan of the blue except for a couple years.
never liked the blue ones either, I liked the old yellow ones from the Otis Washington era with the SU on the side without the oval
tampajag
Supporter
Supporter

Post by tampajag »

GAD_SU wrote:
tampajag wrote: I got the pic that night. I've been wanting to see white helmets for a long time, never was a big fan of the blue except for a couple years.
never liked the blue ones either, I liked the old yellow ones from the Otis Washington era with the SU on the side without the oval
Those were nice, I kinda liked the Gold ones when Casem was coaching.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
GoldenBobcat wrote:
That brings up a question I have been wondering, dose the Big Sky have a rule against EWU wearing red at home? I ask because during their first season with the red turf they wore all read in all home games. It wasn't until this year that I noticed they wore only black jerseys at home. Are they choosing not to wear red or are they forced not to? Because if they are choosing to, I have no idea why.
There's no rule, as far as I know. We chose to wear black for the Villanova game in 2010 because the players didn't want any excuses from outsiders after we beat them. :twisted:

Personally, I prefer the all black, I think the all red jerseys look tacky.
All red fields look tacky. :coffee:

I kid, I kid.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

SDHornet wrote:I'm not a fan of military themed uni's. The Padres wear cammo every home Sunday game and although I think the idea is honorable, I don't really like how they look. :twocents:
Does this extend to Army/Navy military themed unis?
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

rkwittem wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
There's no rule, as far as I know. We chose to wear black for the Villanova game in 2010 because the players didn't want any excuses from outsiders after we beat them. :twisted:

Personally, I prefer the all black, I think the all red jerseys look tacky.
All red fields look tacky. :coffee:

I kid, I kid.
Let's ask Brock Jensen. Seems like he's getting a nice close look...

:D
DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Post by DJH »

UNI is going to have a "white-out" game at home this year, it sounds like. White pants, white road uniforms, and getting white helmets. Could be pretty cool.
UNI FIGHT