A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: Oddly early preseason top-25 FCS

Post by Grizalltheway »

89Hen wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
According to results on the field. :nod:
:roll:
:rofl:

What, don't like that argument anymore, now that it doesn't work in your favor? :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Appaholic wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
You're right......over the past 5mos, this cannot be disputed....
The only thing that can't be disputed is that EWU beat the best the CAA had to offer in the playoffs. Doesn't really speak anything to the comparison of the Big Sky Conference to any other conference. That can always, and will always, be disputed.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
mlbowl
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by mlbowl »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: 2010: BSC > CAA > SOCON > MVFC :coffee:
According to what?

Sagarin:
1. CAA
2. SoCon
3. BSC
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc10.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Massey:
1. CAA
2. MVFC
3. SoCon
4. BSC
http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :rofl: :lol: ...I LOVE how BSC fans are admonished any time they use "computer" rankings to make their point! You hypocrites are so f'n hilarious! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. - Coach Finstock
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Grizalltheway wrote:
89Hen wrote: :roll:

What, don't like that argument anymore, now that it doesn't work in your favor? :coffee:
Colgate made the NC finals in 2003. Are you saying the Patriot was the second best conference that year?
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: :rofl:

Colgate made the NC finals in 2003. Are you saying the Patriot was the second best conference that year?
Quit making sense, Hen....
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Another striking poll result - UNI #6, yeah right! If I was a Lehigh fan I'd be asking if UNI is #6 then why my team isn't in the top 5. I'm not a PL expert but I'd fathom LU lost as many people as UNI who was exposed in the opening round last season.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Trapped in CA
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Northern Iowa
A.K.A.: UNI Pike

Post by Trapped in CA »

OVC teams should not be included in rankings until they somehow win a playoff game.

As for UNI being #6, in short no. Top ten, maybe - top twenty, yes. There is hope that the UNI offense with finally have-

1. A QB that knows more than 15 plays
2. A OC that can call a crossing route
3. Power runningback(s)
4. A reliable PK - ours was the definition of inconsistent last year as a result of 2 fractured vertebrae

The defense is good enough to keep us in most games.
Morons of the month - October

Looks like certain people on this board finally have a reason to trade in their US Passports

------------------------------

Current OVC football members - 0-21 in FCS playoffs since 1997
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

For your points on UNI

1. Should happen now. Rennie spent most of last spring learning the speed of the game, not the plays as much. The plays were put in during the fall for him, and could only get the basic read plays put in for the most part and relied on his athletic ability. With a full year under his belt this could be special this year.

2. Has Salmon been fired? No? Well then shit. Even with Sanders and Grace I didn't think the routes were great, but Sanders was deadly accurate and Grace had 70 yard in the air arm. Rennie has a fairly good arm but isn't "great" at anything when it comes to throwing. The play calling didn't help him any either. He is 6' but all that was called for pass plays with him was drop back plays with 2 types of routes - curls and go route. It was nearly impossible with that kind of play calling for Rennie to have success throwing. If Salmon could figure the bootleg system out, I know it is brand new and it hasn't been figured out by hundreds of other schools across the nation or anything, Rennie would be real dangerous. Get him on the edge with a run pass option with some routes underneath and teams having to cover the speed we have...wow. Too bad we still won't see it this year, and will have wasted 2 years of Rennie's talent, 2 years of Jared's talent, a year of Schuylar's talent, a year of Mo. Turner's talent, and well...all of our WR's talent

3. We should have that this year. Wilmont should be that guy. Andre is a good change of pace back from Rennie and Carlos as well.

4. Had Billy not had 2 broken vertebrae last season he would have been an AA kicker. Looks like we have some good kickers on campus though.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:WEBER STATE

suprise team of 2011 :nod:

You'll see he he he :twisted:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

89Hen wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
:roll:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Hen:

2-0. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
89Hen wrote: :roll:

Hey Hen:

So we ignore the loss to NDSU by MSU. Gotcha. Eagles can crow as #1 team, but the Big Sky... not so much.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Hen:

So we ignore the loss to NDSU by MSU. Gotcha. Eagles can crow as #1 team, but the Big Sky... not so much.
So we ignore the loss to GSU by W&M. Gotcha. Blue Henriettas can crow as the #2 team, but the CAA... not so much. :thumb:

B the W, I'm not ignoring the MSU loss. That 2-0, is strictly Big Sky vs. CAA last year. 8-)
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: :rofl:

I never said the Big Sky was the premier conference during our run, I said it was a top-tier conference, along with the CAA and SoCon.

That was a Z-like analogy fail, BTW. :ohno: :rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

:thumb: Good luck getting anyone outside of the BSC to agree with you.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Grizalltheway wrote:
89Hen wrote: Colgate made the NC finals in 2003. Are you saying the Patriot was the second best conference that year?
I never said the Big Sky was the premier conference during our run, I said it was a top-tier conference, along with the CAA and SoCon.

That was a Z-like analogy fail, BTW. :ohno: :rofl:
And my :roll: was to SE who DID claim the BSC was the #1 conference last year, so the analogy was spot on.
Trapped in CA
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Northern Iowa
A.K.A.: UNI Pike

Post by Trapped in CA »

clenz wrote:For your points on UNI
2. Has Salmon been fired? No? Well then ****. Even with Sanders and Grace I didn't think the routes were great, but Sanders was deadly accurate and Grace had 70 yard in the air arm. Rennie has a fairly good arm but isn't "great" at anything when it comes to throwing. The play calling didn't help him any either. He is 6' but all that was called for pass plays with him was drop back plays with 2 types of routes - curls and go route. It was nearly impossible with that kind of play calling for Rennie to have success throwing. If Salmon could figure the bootleg system out, I know it is brand new and it hasn't been figured out by hundreds of other schools across the nation or anything, Rennie would be real dangerous. Get him on the edge with a run pass option with some routes underneath and teams having to cover the speed we have...wow. Too bad we still won't see it this year, and will have wasted 2 years of Rennie's talent, 2 years of Jared's talent, a year of Schuylar's talent, a year of Mo. Turner's talent, and well...all of our WR's talent
Rolling out the QB on a run/pass option, WTF? Do you think we are in the NFL and have 100 hours a week to practice this sort of thing?

Signed

Bill Salmon
Morons of the month - October

Looks like certain people on this board finally have a reason to trade in their US Passports

------------------------------

Current OVC football members - 0-21 in FCS playoffs since 1997
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

89Hen wrote::thumb: Good luck getting anyone outside of the BSC to agree with you.
Who gives a fuck if you agree? You guys can be wrong all you want. BSC teams have consistently been equal to or dominant to any conference out there. The BSC is and has been at the top tier level for a very long time. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
89Hen wrote::thumb: Good luck getting anyone outside of the BSC to agree with you.
Who gives a fuck if you agree? You guys can be wrong all you want. BSC teams have consistently been equal to or dominant to any conference out there. The BSC is and has been at the top tier level for a very long time. :thumb:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: Who gives a fuck if you agree? You guys can be wrong all you want. BSC teams have consistently been equal to or dominant to any conference out there. The BSC is and has been at the top tier level for a very long time. :thumb:
Top tier. Always has been. :thumb:

Shit even your conference is what 50/50 with the BSC? I mean you're 0-2 recently but I'll give ya credit for previous performances.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:BSC teams have consistently been equal to or dominant to
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Top tier. Always has been. :thumb:
Do your DB's backpedal as fast as you do?
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:BSC teams have consistently been equal to or dominant to
Do your WR's grasp at air as often as you do?
mlbowl
Supporter
Supporter

Post by mlbowl »

The BSC has been National Champions 6 times with 5 different teams and runners up 7 times with 3 different teams. The BSC is always in the top 3 in Sagarin and usually #2 behind the CAA. How dare we consider the BSC top tier. :roll:
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. - Coach Finstock
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

mlbowl wrote:How dare we consider the BSC top tier. :roll:
Keep changing the adjective. :lol:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

89Hen wrote:
hen, I can't cover for your lack of understanding brother. The two statements you quoted work together perfectly and if you see that as a backpedal then I can't waste time explaining the simplicities of communication to you. Good luck going forward though brother. :thumb:

BSC...top tier..always has been...always will be.
mlbowl
Supporter
Supporter

Post by mlbowl »

I guess I'm missing something...the only thing i saw was "top tier"....and I do believe a conference that consistently ranks in the top three out of 14 conferences would qualify as "top tier".