Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Oddly early preseason top-25 FCS

Post by 89Hen »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
89Hen wrote:

Do your DB's backpedal as fast as you do?
hen, I can't cover for your lack of understanding brother. The two statements you quoted work together perfectly and if you see that as a backpedal then I can't waste time explaining the simplicities of communication to you. Good luck going forward though brother. :thumb:

BSC...top tier..always has been...always will be.
"Dominant to any conference" is NOT the same as top tier. And again, this whole thing started as a reply to SE saying it was #1.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: hen, I can't cover for your lack of understanding brother. The two statements you quoted work together perfectly and if you see that as a backpedal then I can't waste time explaining the simplicities of communication to you. Good luck going forward though brother. :thumb:

"Dominant to any conference" is NOT the same as top tier. And again, this whole thing started as a reply to SE saying it was #1.
I said I wasn't gonna explain this to ya but I feel kind of sorry for you now watching you spin on your back here.

I didn't say it like that. I said it has been "equal to" or "dominant" to all the other conferences out there. Sp,e we've been equal to and some we've dominated. I forgive you. :thumb:
mlbowl
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by mlbowl »

89Hen wrote:
mlbowl wrote:How dare we consider the BSC top tier. :roll:
Keep changing the adjective. :lol:

I was going back to DJH implying that the BSC wasn't top tier...which is hilarious coming from him :lol: ...I thought that's what the whole argument was about :oops:
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. - Coach Finstock
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

mlbowl wrote:
89Hen wrote: Keep changing the adjective. :lol:

I was going back to DJH implying that the BSC wasn't top tier...which is hilarious coming from him :lol: ...I thought that's what the whole argument was about :oops:
It was. hen just ain't catching on too quickly and wanted to man up and take on the fight for DJH. He's trying, I'll give him that much.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

mlbowl wrote:

It was. hen just ain't catching on too quickly and wanted to man up and take on the fight for DJH. He's trying, I'll give him that much.
Those two are a match made in heaven when it comes to irrational contempt for all things Montana/Big Sky. Pretty entertaining, actually.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: It was. hen just ain't catching on too quickly and wanted to man up and take on the fight for DJH. He's trying, I'll give him that much.
Those two are a match made in heaven when it comes to irrational contempt for all things Montana/Big Sky. Pretty entertaining, actually.
They are adorable.

Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: hen, I can't cover for your lack of understanding brother. The two statements you quoted work together perfectly and if you see that as a backpedal then I can't waste time explaining the simplicities of communication to you. Good luck going forward though brother. :thumb:

In 2010, as I stated, we were better than the rest of the conferences. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow Hen, but pretend it's jizz and it should be much easier for you. :thumb:

And yes, we are a top tier conference, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

mlbowl wrote:

There are several going on.

Big Sky = Top Tier :thumb:
Big Sky = #1 :rofl:

DJH may have a different opinion.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:In 2010, as I stated, we were better than the rest of the conferences.
No. You weren't. EWU were the champs, but that's as far as it goes. The #1 team each year is not necessarily from the #1 conference.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Grizalltheway wrote:Those two are a match made in heaven when it comes to irrational contempt for all things Montana/Big Sky.
:lol: :kisswink:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:I said it has been "equal to" or "dominant" to all the other conferences out there. Sp,e we've been equal to and some we've dominated. I forgive you. :thumb:
No need to forgive me. If you say you are => all other conferences, that means you are saying you are #1.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:In 2010, as I stated, we were better than the rest of the conferences.
No. You weren't. EWU were the champs, but that's as far as it goes. The #1 team each year is not necessarily from the #1 conference.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Totally agree with ya. Of course you only use this argument periodically so we'll have to use this time of agreement to it's full potential. :thumb:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:I said it has been "equal to" or "dominant" to all the other conferences out there. Sp,e we've been equal to and some we've dominated. I forgive you. :thumb:
No need to forgive me. If you say you are => all other conferences, that means you are saying you are #1.
I said "any" not "all". Meaning whichever you choose the BSC has been either = or greater.

Hang to whatever you need to hen but you got it wrong...and I forgive you for that. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote: No need to forgive me. If you say you are => all other conferences, that means you are saying you are #1.
I said "any" not "all". Meaning whichever you choose the BSC has been either = or greater.

Hang to whatever you need to hen but you got it wrong...and I forgive you for that. :thumb:
:lol: Holy shit. You never took a math or logic class, did you? No matter which conference I choose, you contend the Big Sky is either equal or greater. Where I come from, if no other team/conference is better than you, that makes you #1.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:you only use this argument periodically
You are just making stuff up now. :coffee:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I haven't read 98% of this thread after page one because it is a bunch of shit. However, if we are talking top tier conference - the Big Sky belongs there. If the discussion is top overall conference, the answer is no

I would put conferences like this in terms of tiers

Top Tier
Big Sky
CAA
MVFC
SoCon

Second Tier
Big South
NEC
OVC
Southland

Third Tier
Great West
Ivy
MEAC
Patriot
Pioneer
SWAC

To be honest, it could probably be split like this

Great Conference
Big Sky
CAA
MVFC
SoCon

Decent Conference
Big South
Southland

Not really worth a whole lot
Insert the rest
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: I said "any" not "all". Meaning whichever you choose the BSC has been either = or greater.

:lol: Holy shit. You never took a math or logic class, did you? No matter which conference I choose, you contend the Big Sky is either equal or greater. Where I come from, if no other team/conference is better than you, that makes you #1.
Still can't see what you're doing wrong can ya hen? That's sad buddy.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:you only use this argument periodically
You are just making stuff up now. :coffee:
am i
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote: You are just making stuff up now. :coffee:
am i
Yup, including the post above that one. :tothehand:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

89Hen wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: am i
Yup, including the post above that one. :tothehand:
sure
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
lakesbison wrote:NDSU will be kicking ALL of you asses next year. get used to it.

oh, georgia southern backed out a 2nd week game vs NDSU. how sweet would that game of been @ the Fargodome!!
You know all the fans at every NDSU away game are going to bring cowbells, right? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats by the way to the 2010 NDSU paper champs. :thumb:
The Bison beat the stuffing out of you, that's why you lost the following week. Everybody loses the week after they play the Bison.

Oh, wait....... :rofl:
You matter, unless you multiply yourself by "c" squared. Then you energy.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

mlbowl wrote:

The BSC is a top three conference. However it isn't unfair to note that their co-champ was taken out of the playoffs by an NDSU team with four conference losses.........
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

clenz wrote:For your points on UNI

1. Should happen now. Rennie spent most of last spring learning the speed of the game, not the plays as much. The plays were put in during the fall for him, and could only get the basic read plays put in for the most part and relied on his athletic ability. With a full year under his belt this could be special this year.

2. Has Salmon been fired? No? Well then ****. Even with Sanders and Grace I didn't think the routes were great, but Sanders was deadly accurate and Grace had 70 yard in the air arm. Rennie has a fairly good arm but isn't "great" at anything when it comes to throwing. The play calling didn't help him any either. He is 6' but all that was called for pass plays with him was drop back plays with 2 types of routes - curls and go route. It was nearly impossible with that kind of play calling for Rennie to have success throwing. If Salmon could figure the bootleg system out, I know it is brand new and it hasn't been figured out by hundreds of other schools across the nation or anything, Rennie would be real dangerous. Get him on the edge with a run pass option with some routes underneath and teams having to cover the speed we have...wow. Too bad we still won't see it this year, and will have wasted 2 years of Rennie's talent, 2 years of Jared's talent, a year of Schuylar's talent, a year of Mo. Turner's talent, and well...all of our WR's talent

3. We should have that this year. Wilmont should be that guy. Andre is a good change of pace back from Rennie and Carlos as well.

4. Had Billy not had 2 broken vertebrae last season he would have been an AA kicker. Looks like we have some good kickers on campus though.
I'm going to be a contrarian here and suggest that Rennie will be the weak link on offense this year - I watched him play and calling his arm "fairly good" is wishful thinking, no offense. He could be good enough to win with, if, like you said, the Panters go to the roll out, but I watched him put everything he had into a hail Mary that carried barely 50 yards, maybe a couple more, and had the hang time of a good punt. It's pretty obvious from what I saw that playing UNI will be a classic case of jam the box and make the QB beat you with his arm.

The MVC is going to be much tougher next year.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

houndawg wrote:
mlbowl wrote:

The CAA is a top three conference. However it isn't unfair to note that their champ was taken out of the playoffs by an GSU team with three conference losses.........
FIFY :thumb: