Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

FCS Coaches On The Hot Seat....?

Post by Cap'n Cat »

Start with the Valley.....

Craig Bohl, NDSU. If you read Bisonville, they not only want to fire the guy, they want to draw and quarter him, then blow his entrails out of a cannon. SMFH. Bohl seems to have blown his wad on what were the previous coach's recruits. All downhill since then. Chances he coaches in 2010: 1 in 3

John Heacock, YSU. Same with the YSU fans regarding Heacock. Like NDSU, they are a very spoiled fanbase who give up on a coach at the drop of a hat. Heacock is 0-9 v UNI and that doesn't sit well with many fans. Recently, his team has lost to teams they never have before. Chances he coaches again in 2010: 1 in 5. Note: the school doesn't have money for a buyout of last year of contract.

Terry Allen, MSU. His seat is only tepidly warm, atmospheric temperature. Very little fan grumbling. Has two winning seasons (including this years' 6-5 finish) and has done a lot of rebuilding of the offense. The defense has needed help since Day One and hasn't got it. Then again, they were 3-2 on the road this year which is a big step in the right direction. 3-3 at home. Should get three more years to build a winning culture there, something that has been missing in 20 years. Chances he coaches in 2010: 5 to 1.

Getting warmer:

Western Illinois. There is no coach there now, for all intents and purposes. They gotta make a good hire and give him time to rebuild.

Les Miles, INSU. Seems safe for another two - three years. The biggest rejuvenation challenge in the country, probably. Need to recruit some BIG people. I was at the UNI @ INSU game in '08 with my youngest son, who was eight at the time, and he had bigger arms than some of their offensive linemen.

Sitting on a cool seat:

Mark Farley, UNI. Perennial contender that just reloads ever year. Solid staff who actually "coach" players. More consistency needed on offense.

Dale Lennon, SIU: Must recruit well to avoid Bohl's problem at NDSU, ie, winning with previous guy's recruits. Seems like a keeper, fans dig him....so far. Is 3-0 v UNI at two different schools. Fvcker. :kisswink:

John Stiegelmeier, SDSU. Coach Stig brought the Bunnies from nowhere to the FCS playoffs (likely) in three years. Fans dig him. He'll be there as long as they are successful.

Brock Spack, ILSU.
New guy from Purdue has introduced spread offense to the Crimson Crows and met with some success in his first year in a tough conference. Fans seems to like him, which is important (see NDSU). Could pull off a major program-building coup with a victory over ranked UNI this Saturday.

OK, that's the Missouri Valley - comments welcome.

What about your conference's hot seat guys???
Last edited by Cap'n Cat on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Re: FCS Coaches On The Hot Seat....?

Post by DJH »

I don't think you can say that YSU gave up on their coach "at the drop of a hat". He has had one good season in his entire time at YSU.
UNI FIGHT

Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

DJH wrote:I don't think you can say that YSU gave up on their coach "at the drop of a hat". He has had one good season in his entire time at YSU.
If you follow the ugly fans on their ugly message boards, they're after the guy if he so much as farts. They all pine for the long-gone glory days with Tressel and refuse to believe that they have become just another football program.

:roll:

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail

Post by dbackjon »

Good thread. Will have to think about the Big Sky. One coach already gone
:thumb:

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIV

Post by BlackFalkin »

Big Sky Coaches Hot Seat
PORTLAND STATE-Already out
IDAHO STATE

I dont know the ISU coaches name but he needs to be fired.

:coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern

tampajag
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: whooties
A.K.A.: hamburger pimp

Post by tampajag »

Pete Richardson - Southern University. The big rumor swirling around Baton Rouge may force him out at end of the season. :coffee:

T-Dog
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: App St
A.K.A.: tdog231

Post by T-Dog »

SoCon

Hot Seat

Bobby Lamb - Furman: Probably the hottest seat in the conference. In his 8th year, he's been out of the playoffs three years now and has lost to App St every year (went 1-1 in 2005). The usual patient Furman fans are getting tired of Lamb's inconsistencies. It mostly depends on what the new president wants.

Chris Hatcher - Georgia Southern: Always being the opposite of Furman, Georgia Southern fans are not patient. Blowout losses to App St and SDSU has Hatcher on the hot seat in his 3rd year. His recruiting classes so far have been deemed failures. More fans want AD Sam Baker out, but just like Furman, the Eagles are getting a new head honcho of the University and he has already put a high emphasis on athletics. Likely to get one more year to see how a team with all his recruits does.

Getting Hotter

Dennis Wagner - Western Carolina: WCU fans hate losing. However, it's been the one consistent for them in the last few years. Wagner brought optimism when he took over in 2008, but fans are seeing the same-old. On-field with rumored off-field incidents could mean a short stint in the Whee for Wagner.

Kevin Higgins - The Citadel: Under Higgins, The Citadel has shown flashes of greatness at times in Higgins four years in charge. However, inconsistent has been the only consistent. A bad loss to WCU has some El Cit fans questioning the man at the top. The Citadel has never been one to fire coaches for a couple bad seasons, so for now Higgins is safe, but a couple more seasons at or below .500 could put him in front of the firing squad.

Cold Seat

Pat Sullivan - Samford: The former Heisman trophy winner is in his third year at the helm at the SoCon newbies. After putting together a respectable 6-5 record in 2008 and a 5-5 record so far this year, Sullivan looks to be safe for the near future. Samford's an unknown when it comes to how their university works but what is known is Sullivan can rest easy for a while.

Russ Huesman - UTC: The new guy in the SoCon coaches circle. Huesman went from the top of the world in Richmond to the bottom of the barrel in UTC and so far, he's a resounding success. Already has secured UTC's first winning season in a long time, he's has UTC on the path to SoCon glory in the near future. However, he will be the sought-after coach in the SoCon but thankfully for UTC, he's an alum and has said many times it's the only coaching job he ever wants.

Pete Lembo - Elon: What Huesman is this year, Lembo was in 2006. Taking a cellar-dwellar team and building them up. Despite falling short in the SoCon title race, Lembo has Elon on track for it's first ever NCAA playoffs. He's going to be sought-after as well, so it'll be interesting if he takes the quick road to bigger bucks or continues to build foundations at Elon.

Mike Ayers - Wofford: Despite a bad season riddled with injuries, Wofford fans are still believing in Ayers. He has two SoCon titles under his belt and three playoff appearances. And with that dang wishbone offense, Wofford is unlikely to stay below .500 once a healthy team returns next year.

Jerry Morre - App State: Three National Titles and five-straight SoCon titles in the last five years have secured Jerry's spot for as long as he wants to.
twitter.com/tdogappst

App State's Final SoCon Record: 204-87-5

All Time W-L-T - 567-321-28

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I know that fan boards are not the be-all and end-all of this, but if it were, Marshall Sperbeck will be out the door as soon as the Causeway Classic is over. SacBuzz is all over him and DC Lou Baiz, a longtime faithful Hornet assistant, even though Sperbeck just got there. The improvement over the Mooshagian era is immense, but people don't care.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Excellent socon analysis, T-Dog.

FargoBison
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by FargoBison »

Bohl has about a zero percent chance of being fired this year, his seat is hot, but the 10 people at Bisonville that complain about everything don't have the $600,000 it will cost to buy him out.

bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

The coaches from Rhode Island, Toswon & Northeastern should be on the hot seat...again...just like every year...

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

grizzaholic wrote:You are a fucking idiot. Zambrano (sp) got a 2 year extension this season. I think he will do just fine.

Whoa, I dont think you want what your asking for.. so stay in a boy's place while MEN are talking.. Zambrano is in his 3rd SEASON AT ISU:

IN 2009 ALONE ISU HAS BEEN OUTSCORED 431-135
IN ZAMBRANO'S 3 seasons ISU has only has 4 wins vs Div 1 opp.
IN Zambrano's 3 seasons ISU, all wins have come against teams with losing seasons.

ISU under ZAMBRANO:
2009 1-10
2008 1-11
2007 3-8
-------------
5-29 :ohno:

Im not making fun of ISU bc I like the program and have friends who played for the team, but the Idaho state bengals are worse with Zambrano.

grizzaholic wrote: Im a fucking idiot.

Yes you are son, yes you are. :coffee:

Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

BlackFalkin wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:You are a fucking idiot. Zambrano (sp) got a 2 year extension this season. I think he will do just fine.

Whoa, I dont think you want what your asking for.. so stay in a boy's place while MEN are talking.. Zambrano is in his 3rd SEASON AT ISU:

IN Zambrano's 3 seasons ISU, all wins have come against teams with losing seasons.

ISU under ZAMBRANO:
2009 1-10
2008 1-11
2007 3-8
-------------

Im not making fun of ISU bc I like the program and have friends who played for the team, but the Idaho state bengals are worse with Zambrano.

Who the fuck is Zambrano? His name is Zamberlin. :ugeek:

Fucking idiots. :rofl:

JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins
A.K.A.: Nudie Bars

Post by JMU DJ »

BlackFalkin wrote:

ISU under ZAMBRANO:
2009 1-10
2008 1-11
2007 3-8
-------------

[youtube][/youtube]

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: Who the fuck is Zambrano? His name is Zamberlin. :ugeek:

Fucking idiots. :rofl:
EWUGRIDIRON-BigSky 2014 & 2016 Choke Artist Champions.

EWU Football: Not Even Close to Being The Best Thing Since Sliced Bacon Image

... I'm off the Bandwagon

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

grizzaholic wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:

I dont know the ISU coaches name
You are a fucking idiot. Zambrano ......
either way, dont get tripped up on semantics....
:coffee:

bpcats
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by bpcats »

The only coach that I would think would be on the hot seat is Souers at NAU for the last 5-6 years his team has faded down the stretch after getting off to fast starts.

UNC - is it Downey that is coaching there? Anyway his team gets a little tougher each year. I would evaluate after next year to see how he is doing, since they lost a ton of players at the beginning of the year.

Everybody should be safe now that Glanville is gone at PSU.

CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

Wright has been on the hotseat since he was made head coach; mainly by fans. They offered him a 1 yr deal after last season, which he declined. So his contract is up after this weeks game. He declined because he wanted a better deal for his asst coaches, which the U refused. And until the shit hit the fan, last week, they hadn't offered him anything. It actually took an Austin sportswriter (editorialist) to bring the issue to the fore.

It's why this (that I posted elsewhere) is so funny to me.

[youtube][/youtube]

Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

UNC will have a new coach next season. Rumor is word along the front range.

mountain_man
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by mountain_man »

If one of those SoCon jobs come open, I'm afraid Scott Satterfield will come back as ASU's enemy #1. :ohno:

bench
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: App

Post by bench »

mountain_man wrote:If one of those SoCon jobs come open, I'm afraid Scott Satterfield will come back as ASU's enemy #1. :ohno:
If he's unhappy at Toledo, I hope he's letting our guys on the staff know about it, because we gotta put a stop to this shit before it starts. Whether or not Scott would be successful at another conference school is irrelevant, because his mere presence would hurt us. Imagine the recruiting spiel for Georgia Southern in particular: "Legacy, tradition, and six national championships...oh, and our head coach just happens to be the guy behind the App State spread option that won three straight titles and groomed Armanti Edwards into a star." I just threw up in my mouth a little, etc.

I still think we shoulda made Satterfield some sort of Jimbo Fisher deal to guarantee him the HC job when Coach Moore retires.

ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Liberty University

Post by ToTheLeft »

Big South

Hot Seat:

Probably no one...

Getting Warmer:

David Bennett (Coastal)- Came in and gave Coastal a national reputation and a playoff berth... and now they're slipping to the bottom

Should Be Warm, But Isn't:

Steve Patton (G-W)- Always have incredible talent, always fall flat on their face at the end of the year. I don't think he'll get fired, but they should be considering it, at least.

Other Coaches, in terms of stability with team, none are on the hot seat (First two are safe, Priorie is fairly solid with SBU but might lose favor with more years like this one, and the last two are new coaches, and despite bad results, they should stick for a couple years at least.)
1. Rocco (LU)
2. Mills (CSU)
3. Priorie (SBU)
4. Nichols (PC)
5. Woods (VMI)

catamount man
Level3
Level3

Post by catamount man »

T-Dog wrote:SoCon

Hot Seat

Bobby Lamb - Furman: Probably the hottest seat in the conference. In his 8th year, he's been out of the playoffs three years now and has lost to App St every year (went 1-1 in 2005). The usual patient Furman fans are getting tired of Lamb's inconsistencies. It mostly depends on what the new president wants.

Chris Hatcher - Georgia Southern: Always being the opposite of Furman, Georgia Southern fans are not patient. Blowout losses to App St and SDSU has Hatcher on the hot seat in his 3rd year. His recruiting classes so far have been deemed failures. More fans want AD Sam Baker out, but just like Furman, the Eagles are getting a new head honcho of the University and he has already put a high emphasis on athletics. Likely to get one more year to see how a team with all his recruits does.

Getting Hotter

Dennis Wagner - Western Carolina: WCU fans hate losing. However, it's been the one consistent for them in the last few years. Wagner brought optimism when he took over in 2008, but fans are seeing the same-old. On-field with rumored off-field incidents could mean a short stint in the Whee for Wagner.

Kevin Higgins - The Citadel: Under Higgins, The Citadel has shown flashes of greatness at times in Higgins four years in charge. However, inconsistent has been the only consistent. A bad loss to WCU has some El Cit fans questioning the man at the top. The Citadel has never been one to fire coaches for a couple bad seasons, so for now Higgins is safe, but a couple more seasons at or below .500 could put him in front of the firing squad.

Cold Seat

Pat Sullivan - Samford: The former Heisman trophy winner is in his third year at the helm at the SoCon newbies. After putting together a respectable 6-5 record in 2008 and a 5-5 record so far this year, Sullivan looks to be safe for the near future. Samford's an unknown when it comes to how their university works but what is known is Sullivan can rest easy for a while.

Russ Huesman - UTC: The new guy in the SoCon coaches circle. Huesman went from the top of the world in Richmond to the bottom of the barrel in UTC and so far, he's a resounding success. Already has secured UTC's first winning season in a long time, he's has UTC on the path to SoCon glory in the near future. However, he will be the sought-after coach in the SoCon but thankfully for UTC, he's an alum and has said many times it's the only coaching job he ever wants.

Pete Lembo - Elon: What Huesman is this year, Lembo was in 2006. Taking a cellar-dwellar team and building them up. Despite falling short in the SoCon title race, Lembo has Elon on track for it's first ever NCAA playoffs. He's going to be sought-after as well, so it'll be interesting if he takes the quick road to bigger bucks or continues to build foundations at Elon.

Mike Ayers - Wofford: Despite a bad season riddled with injuries, Wofford fans are still believing in Ayers. He has two SoCon titles under his belt and three playoff appearances. And with that dang wishbone offense, Wofford is unlikely to stay below .500 once a healthy team returns next year.

Jerry Morre - App State: Three National Titles and five-straight SoCon titles in the last five years have secured Jerry's spot for as long as he wants to.
File the bolded content from Mr.Boone under the "Don't know what the hell I'm talking about file".........

Dennis Wagner inherited a program with players that had more legal troubles covered up than you could shake a stick at, more punks, more thugs, than have ever been seen in Cullowhee. The administration has already stated he is getting the full 5 years on his contract. With the trouble either graduating or getting asked to leave, 2009 was going to be a tough year with ONLY 10 seniors and over FORTY redshirt or true freshmen. In 2010, we will only have 7 seniors on the entire team.

Once again, a Boone goon running his mouth all based on comments on a message board. The off field incident was with a FORMER PLAYER and his DRUNK brother, who under much consumption of alcohol, decided to try to get in Wagner's face as he was coming off the field AFTER he'd gotten into it with an official.

Again, if you're not a Catamount fan, a WCU booster, or alum, PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP and worry about your own team. Wagner is not in any trouble, his seat is DEFINITELY not hot. Leave it to a Boone goon. :coffee:

ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mustangs
A.K.A.: Rocket

Post by ChetSteadman »

I've read the voices of dissension on the Pride board, CMan. There aren't that many, yet, but there are some.

andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

bandl wrote:The coaches from Rhode Island, Toswon & Northeastern should be on the hot seat...again...just like every year...
To quote Grizza, "You're a ***ing idiot." :lol: Towsons coach is in his first year of a 5 year contract.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."