Bobby Hauck Will Be Fired On Monday..

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Re: Bobby Hauck Will Be Fired On Monday..

Post by D1B »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
Far from the biggest night of my life, but I did predict Nova to win and they did, no surprise. Simple fact is hack can't win the big one and he won't be the next coach at UNLV. Facts are facts..............
Oh fuck off. :roll:

"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

GOKATS wrote:
Far from the biggest night of my life, but I did predict Nova to win and they did, no surprise. Simple fact is hack can't win the big one and he won't be the next coach at UNLV. Facts are facts..............
I figured you'd want him to be the next coach at UNLV. The Rebels are a career killer; only one winning season in the last 15 years.
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wedgebuster wrote:Rumors have it, he's been secretly interviewing with.....Northern Colorado.

:nod:
Except NoCo re-signed Downing, much to the chagrin of Bear fans…
:puke:
JMUpurplehazed
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison
A.K.A.: Purplehazed

Post by JMUpurplehazed »

I think Bobby and Mickey went to the middle east together last year...maybe M convinced B that throwing a football, even after passing has gotten you back in the game is utlimatly a bad thing to be avoided at all costs, including losing the game.
James Madison University --- Better than you since 1908...
guinzone
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Youngstown State
A.K.A.: Let's Go Guins

Post by guinzone »

He is a finalist for UNLV.
Proud Youngstown State Fan
AppStateAlumQC
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by AppStateAlumQC »

Hauck has an outstanding record and impressive resume while being at Montana. 3 NC appearances with nothing to show for it though is sad. I wouldn't fire him, then again he can't win the big one.
Grizzle Bear

Post by Grizzle Bear »

GOKATS wrote:Hack has an interview with UNLV on Monday. No way in hell he stands a chance if Franchione wants the job. Bobby will be back at dUMb next year.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/hauck-to-inter ... ching-job/
Someone told me last night that the AD at UNLV has a connection to Montana, possibly the former AD at Montana, does anyone know if this is true?
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

You know, I don't think most schools have the unrealistic expectation of even going to, let alone winning, the NC every year. What are the odds of that anyway 1 in 120? (ok so maybe 1 in about 30). Yes, it is the ultimate goal but in the real world it isn't going to happen to every team. (see UT) Winning seasons are what most teams strive for. Making the playoffs is a goal set but there is only 1 winner and you can't expect every coach to fulfill that on a routine basis. There are too many variables besides the coach (players, etc). App St was an anomaly, not the norm, and they had the players to make it happen.

Bobby Hauck may, indeed, want to move on but it doesn't necessarily go that UM wants him to. However, we live in a throw away society that trickles down to our athletics. Consistency helps a program and too many let good coaches go after a few years without allowing that coach to "clean house" of the previuos coaches players and allow them the op to see what he can do with his own recruits. I realize this is not the case with Hauck but damn, do you let him go after what he has done? No he hasn't won the NC but look at the record. And they get to the big dance routinely.

Those that think some of us are jealous, it's not as such, it's really admiration for what UM's coaches and players do on a routine basis and that starts with stability in the coaching staff. As an example, we had 3 D coordinators in 4 seasons and our guys never knew what the hell was up. We are about to have our staff re-signed for 3 more seasons (so they say anyway) and may finally have some form of Defense next season with guys that have played the same system together the past 2. (the others having graduated)

In all the years Brown has been at UT, do you realize they have only won conference twice? And they only won that NC because of VY, not Mack Brown but they just signed the man to a 50 mil contract extension.

Take it easy there fellas and I think I'm done rambling (because this really has become a mish mash post)
mass fan
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: umass

Post by mass fan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
Oh **** off. :roll:
:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CatMom wrote:You know, I don't think most schools have the unrealistic expectation of even going to, let alone winning, the NC every year. What are the odds of that anyway 1 in 120? (ok so maybe 1 in about 30). Yes, it is the ultimate goal but in the real world it isn't going to happen to every team. (see UT) Winning seasons are what most teams strive for. Making the playoffs is a goal set but there is only 1 winner and you can't expect every coach to fulfill that on a routine basis. There are too many variables besides the coach (players, etc). App St was an anomaly, not the norm, and they had the players to make it happen.

Bobby Hauck may, indeed, want to move on but it doesn't necessarily go that UM wants him to. However, we live in a throw away society that trickles down to our athletics. Consistency helps a program and too many let good coaches go after a few years without allowing that coach to "clean house" of the previuos coaches players and allow them the op to see what he can do with his own recruits. I realize this is not the case with Hauck but damn, do you let him go after what he has done? No he hasn't won the NC but look at the record. And they get to the big dance routinely.

Those that think some of us are jealous, it's not as such, it's really admiration for what UM's coaches and players do on a routine basis and that starts with stability in the coaching staff. As an example, we had 3 D coordinators in 4 seasons and our guys never knew what the hell was up. We are about to have our staff re-signed for 3 more seasons (so they say anyway) and may finally have some form of Defense next season with guys that have played the same system together the past 2. (the others having graduated)

In all the years Brown has been at UT, do you realize they have only won conference twice? And they only won that NC because of VY, not Mack Brown but they just signed the man to a 50 mil contract extension.

Take it easy there fellas and I think I'm done rambling (because this really has become a mish mash post)

I read all of your posts... (except the ones about actors) :mrgreen: those I hi-jack
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins

Post by JMU DJ »

I see what you're subtly trying to do here Zang and thought I'd step in and provide a more appropriate response. For inquiries pertaining to said adjustment, please send them to my superior.

Bandl@HijackingLLC.com
Chizzang wrote:
"Oh, hey guys!"

Much to learn young grasshopper...
Need more training...
Then you become Jedi Hi-jacker... Image
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GOKATS wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
Oh fuck off. :roll:
One loss and you fuckers get so sensitive.................. :nod: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get a fucking life.
Says the guy who told me to go fuck myself because I said you hadn't watched Villanova this year. And I'm the sensitive one? :lol: :roll:
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

:flame:
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

CatMom wrote:...Making the playoffs is a goal set but there is only 1 winner and you can't expect every coach to fulfill that on a routine basis. There are too many variables besides the coach (players, etc). App St was an anomaly, not the norm, and they had the players to make it happen.

Those that think some of us are jealous, it's not as such, it's really admiration for what UM's coaches and players do on a routine basis and that starts with stability in the coaching staff. As an example, we had 3 D coordinators in 4 seasons and our guys never knew what the hell was up. We are about to have our staff re-signed for 3 more seasons (so they say anyway) and may finally have some form of Defense next season with guys that have played the same system together the past 2. (the others having graduated)...
I agree that stability is a coaching staff is necessary to build a long-term winning program, however...

...last nights game was Montana's to win or lose. It was lost principally due to bad play calling and failure to adjust.

Having said that, there's no question that the Griz run a "juggernaut" strategy...build up steam and they're unstoppable. But with three failed NC opportunities, especially after last night's, one has to question why Hauck allowed that to happen.

IMHO, coaching staff that fail to adjust, never change their M.O. I've seen it over and over and over again...

...making it to the big game...facing a lesser team with better coaching...but when their backs are against the wall, the "old guard" stick with their Plan "A" and lose the game. I believe that was the case last night.

For that reason, I see no reason to retain Hauch just to maintain "stability" or "consistency". What good comes from stability, is lost when a program gets branded as a perennial bridesmaid.

Montana should have won last night...and as painful as the prospect, the coaching lost the game.

The Griz have proven they can always find the talent...it's time to find the coaching.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
GOKATS
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by GOKATS »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
One loss and you fuckers get so sensitive.................. :nod: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get a fucking life.
Says the guy who told me to go fuck myself because I said you hadn't watched Villanova this year. And I'm the sensitive one? :lol: :roll:
I had my fun last night helped by a good dose of cold beer, now I'm over it. The griz had a great year, congrats.
:kisswink:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Why would he be fired after posting the seasons best record? He needs to move on, hes done all he can do for UM.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

As I said on the other site, I would love to have Hauck's experience and credentials at Portland State. To win the national championship, you have to get there. To get there you need to qualify for the playoffs. To qualify, you have to win during the season. All these would be enough for the city to get behind our program.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

BlackFalkin wrote:Why would he be fired after posting the seasons best record? He needs to move on, hes done all he can do for UM.
travelinman67 wrote: I agree that stability is a coaching staff is necessary to build a long-term winning program, however...

...last nights game was Montana's to win or lose. It was lost principally due to bad play calling and failure to adjust.

Having said that, there's no question that the Griz run a "juggernaut" strategy...build up steam and they're unstoppable. But with three failed NC opportunities, especially after last night's, one has to question why Hauck allowed that to happen.

IMHO, coaching staff that fail to adjust, never change their M.O. I've seen it over and over and over again...

...making it to the big game...facing a lesser team with better coaching...but when their backs are against the wall, the "old guard" stick with their Plan "A" and lose the game. I believe that was the case last night.

For that reason, I see no reason to retain Hauch just to maintain "stability" or "consistency". What good comes from stability, is lost when a program gets branded as a perennial bridesmaid.

Montana should have won last night...and as painful as the prospect, the coaching lost the game.

The Griz have proven they can always find the talent...it's time to find the coaching.

Oddly... I kind of agree with both of these posts

1) He has done all he is capable of at Montana
2) He's shown that (or his staff has shown) an odd crumbling at the apex of moments
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Willie wrote::flame:

Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

Interesting, the Griz excuses, like playcalling. Villanova made adjustments at halftime and executed brilliantly. Montana did not.

Villanova obviously wanted the game more. Griz looked like a confused Indiana State in the second half.
putter
Level2
Level2

Post by putter »

Cap'n Cat wrote:Interesting, the Griz excuses, like playcalling. Villanova made adjustments at halftime and executed brilliantly. Montana did not.

Villanova obviously wanted the game more. Griz looked like a confused Indiana State in the second half.
Cap'n, no way Villanova wanted it more. I would think you, having actually played in college, could have seen that Nova made adjustments to take Mariani out of the game where Montana made no adjustments to contain Sczur or get Mariani the ball. :ohno:
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

putter wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:Interesting, the Griz excuses, like playcalling. Villanova made adjustments at halftime and executed brilliantly. Montana did not.

Cap'n, no way Villanova wanted it more. I would think you, having actually played in college, could have seen that Nova made adjustments to take Mariani out of the game where Montana made no adjustments to contain Sczur or get Mariani the ball. :ohno:

Puttski,
The mere fact that Villanova made the adjustments means they wanted it more. Griz were outcoached and outhustled, top to bottom, in the 3rd and 4th q's. Having played, I could tell Villanova had fire in that half and the Griz looked like they were on their heels. Don't be a Ronbo apologist, P.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

travelinman67 wrote:
CatMom wrote:...Making the playoffs is a goal set but there is only 1 winner and you can't expect every coach to fulfill that on a routine basis. There are too many variables besides the coach (players, etc). App St was an anomaly, not the norm, and they had the players to make it happen.

Those that think some of us are jealous, it's not as such, it's really admiration for what UM's coaches and players do on a routine basis and that starts with stability in the coaching staff. As an example, we had 3 D coordinators in 4 seasons and our guys never knew what the hell was up. We are about to have our staff re-signed for 3 more seasons (so they say anyway) and may finally have some form of Defense next season with guys that have played the same system together the past 2. (the others having graduated)...
I agree that stability is a coaching staff is necessary to build a long-term winning program, however...

Nice try. :ohno: You're right about the coaching but flat out wrong about why. Huack overcoached and made unneccessary adjustments. He should have stuck to the game plan he started with.
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote:I think Hauck will survive. The Griz couldn't stop the run down the stretch. Was that the coach's fault?
When it happens over and over again, maybe. JMU in 04', UR last yr, now Nova. Smashmouth football just rolling up the yardage on the ground, esp in the 2nd half.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
putter
Level2
Level2

Post by putter »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
putter wrote:

Puttski,
The mere fact that Villanova made the adjustments means they wanted it more. Griz were outcoached and outhustled, top to bottom, in the 3rd and 4th q's. Having played, I could tell Villanova had fire in that half and the Griz looked like they were on their heels. Don't be a Ronbo apologist, P.
Now that is one I have never been called before.... :nod: :nod: :lol:
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801