The Support Frisco Effort

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
User avatar
TexasTerror
Level1
Level1
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 am
I am a fan of: SHSU

The Support Frisco Effort

Post by TexasTerror »

It is time to support the effort in Frisco to host the Div I national championship game!

Fans from around the region and nation who are willing to attend the game in Frisco, Texas need to make their voice heard and show the NCAA committee that the fans are willing to show up and fill up Pizza Hut Park!

http://www.collegefootballfrisco.com/
User avatar
slycat
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3454
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:05 pm
I am a fan of: Texas State
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by slycat »

Pretty cool campaign.

I'm am planning on going but it depends on when teh game will be played. If its moved to the day before the FBS championship then all bets are off. NCAA would be crazy to put the FCS NC on a Wednesday night. It would kill attendance.
Image
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13682
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by Col Hogan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Gotta go with 'Jelly on this one...lacking a high vis place, keep the game closer to the center of the FCS universe... :thumb:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
User avatar
jlcharles
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 am
I am a fan of: Villanova

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by jlcharles »

I enjoyed myself in Chatty. I thought they did a great job with the game and the pregame festivities in the Pavilion. And that stadium is gorgeous.
Image
User avatar
FargoBison
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:44 pm
I am a fan of: NDSU

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by FargoBison »

Lets go Frisco!!!
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55728
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by AZGrizFan »

Done. :thumb: :thumb:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 20833
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by clenz »

I've never been to Nooga but have heard only good things. However, Frisco looks like a GREAT place.
User avatar
UD1Hens
Level1
Level1
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 pm
I am a fan of: Delaware

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by UD1Hens »

How many teams in the FCS are within driving distance (roughly 12-15 hours) of Frisco? Basically every fan would have to fly and rent a car to attend the game. The nice thing about Chatty was a majority of championship contenders' fans (excluding Montana's) could plan a last minute trip if their team won the semifinal game and drive there. Having the game in Frisco would eliminate mostly all students from getting to the championship game and family's that can't afford getting tickets, flights, hotel rooms, etc, the week after Christmas.
User avatar
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4523
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!
Location: Savannah GA

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by bobbythekidd »

A soccer stadium is not the right place for football. Keep it in Nooga or move it to Charleston. Screw the NCAA sanctions.
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55728
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by AZGrizFan »

UD1Hens wrote:How many teams in the FCS are within driving distance (roughly 12-15 hours) of Frisco? Basically every fan would have to fly and rent a car to attend the game. The nice thing about Chatty was a majority of championship contenders' fans (excluding Montana's) could plan a last minute trip if their team won the semifinal game and drive there. Having the game in Frisco would eliminate mostly all students from getting to the championship game and family's that can't afford getting tickets, flights, hotel rooms, etc, the week after Christmas.
It's plainly obvious when looking at the attendance figures that there's only TWO teams in the last 10 years who's fans travel well----Montana and App State. Chatty's lowest attendance figures are in years when one of those two teams were NOT in the game. Even when teams were in the NC that were "regional", they got little to no support. There were 14,000 tickets sold to the NC game this year. 9,000 of those were sold to locals. And many of those tickets were ultimately used by Griz fans.

If the Griz/App State game had been in Chatty and for the chipper, there would have been 30,000 people attempting to get tickets. Instead, the Villanova side looked like a high school game. :coffee: :coffee: Your argument fails.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
User avatar
UD1Hens
Level1
Level1
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 pm
I am a fan of: Delaware

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by UD1Hens »

AZGrizFan wrote: Your argument fails.
I'm sorry your response is so smug. Fact: Mostly all FCS teams aren't within 15 hour driving distance. Fact: If the game were moved to Frisco every team's fanbase that used to drive (App St./CAA/other SoCon/MVC) would now be forced to fly. Fact: Frisco is still like 45 minutes away from a major city, thusly when the fans land they'd need to rent a car. Fact: Students who love to roadtrip to the championship game would not be able to afford tickets, plus a round-trip flight, hotel to 2 nights, rent a car, etc...especially the week after Christmas. Fact: The cost for a family to get to the championship game in Texas is greater than driving there.

I am not bringing attendance into the argument like you did. It just so happens that the last to title teams have extremely small fan bases. All I did was make the argument that of the teams that regularly make the title game each year. it would now be more inconvenient to get there (excluding Montana fans who'd fly regardless).

Plus I would argue that Chatty has done more to support the game than in year's past. In addition to that the popularity of the FCS is growing each year. I don't understand how my argument based only on facts fails. :coffee:
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55728
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by AZGrizFan »

UD1Hens wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Your argument fails.
I'm sorry your response is so smug. Fact: Mostly all FCS teams aren't within 15 hour driving distance. Fact: If the game were moved to Frisco every team's fanbase that used to drive (App St./CAA/other SoCon/MVC) would now be forced to fly. Fact: Frisco is still like 45 minutes away from a major city, thusly when the fans land they'd need to rent a car. Fact: Students who love to roadtrip to the championship game would not be able to afford tickets, plus a round-trip flight, hotel to 2 nights, rent a car, etc...especially the week after Christmas. Fact: The cost for a family to get to the championship game in Texas is greater than driving there.

I am not bringing attendance into the argument like you did. It just so happens that the last to title teams have extremely small fan bases. All I did was make the argument that of the teams that regularly make the title game each year. it would now be more inconvenient to get there (excluding Montana fans who'd fly regardless).

Plus I would argue that Chatty has done more to support the game than in year's past. In addition to that the popularity of the FCS is growing each year. I don't understand how my argument based only on facts fails. :coffee:
Don't get your panties in a wad. This ain't AGS, we talk to each other like big boys. :thumb:

All that's well and good, but BEING within 15 hours driving distance (or 5 hours, for that matter) has NOT translated into additional attendance for Chatty. Unless the team is named the Mountaineers. I'm sure GSU fans would travel well, assuming they ever get the chance to show it again. :lol:

And how are you NOT bringing attendance into this? Isn't your argument completely about people being able to road trip to the game and how that won't happen in Frisco?

And I've got news for you: Chatty isn't a "major city". It's 90 minutes from Atlanta (a major city). :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
User avatar
FargoBison
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:44 pm
I am a fan of: NDSU

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by FargoBison »

Here is an idea, how about we try to put the game next to a major airport just once. If NDSU ever makes the game, Chatty is not an easy trip, it is a long drive and is hard to get to. I don't care where the game is, just put it in a place that is easy to fly to. Orlando or Vegas would be ideal, but Frisco/Dallas is far better than Chatty.

As for the MVC, Frisco is better for most schools. Chatty is at least a 10 hour drive for all but a few a schools. Flying to Dallas would be easier for the 5 schools that are looking at a 10 hour plus drive to either city.
Last edited by FargoBison on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55728
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by AZGrizFan »

FargoBison wrote:Here is an idea, how about we try to put the game next to a major airport just once. If NDSU ever makes the game, Chatty is not an easy trip, it is a long drive and is hard to get to. I don't care where the game is, just put it in a place that is easy to fly to. Orlando or Vegas would be ideal, but Frisco/Dallas is far better than Chatty.

As for the MVC, Frisco is better for most schools. Chatty is at least a 10 hour drive for all but a few a schools. Flying to Dallas would be easier for the 6 schools that are looking at a 10 hour plus drive to either city.
The opinion of MVC, BSC, Great West and Southland conference fans don't count.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
User avatar
FargoBison
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:44 pm
I am a fan of: NDSU

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by FargoBison »

AZGrizFan wrote:
FargoBison wrote:Here is an idea, how about we try to put the game next to a major airport just once. If NDSU ever makes the game, Chatty is not an easy trip, it is a long drive and is hard to get to. I don't care where the game is, just put it in a place that is easy to fly to. Orlando or Vegas would be ideal, but Frisco/Dallas is far better than Chatty.

As for the MVC, Frisco is better for most schools. Chatty is at least a 10 hour drive for all but a few a schools. Flying to Dallas would be easier for the 6 schools that are looking at a 10 hour plus drive to either city.
The opinion of MVC, BSC, Great West and Southland conference fans don't count.
That is pretty clear with some. They just want the game in their secluded eastern location, probably makes it easier to keep us MVC, BSC, and SLC fans out.
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55728
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by AZGrizFan »

FargoBison wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The opinion of MVC, BSC, Great West and Southland conference fans don't count.
That is pretty clear with some. They just want the game in their secluded eastern location, probably makes it easier to keep us MVC, BSC, and SLC fans out.
Actually, what's keeping MVC, BSC and SLC fans out is the lack of an MVC, BSC or SLC TEAM in the game (other than Montana). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
User avatar
FargoBison
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:44 pm
I am a fan of: NDSU

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by FargoBison »

AZGrizFan wrote:
FargoBison wrote:
That is pretty clear with some. They just want the game in their secluded eastern location, probably makes it easier to keep us MVC, BSC, and SLC fans out.
Actually, what's keeping MVC, BSC and SLC fans out is the lack of an MVC, BSC or SLC TEAM in the game (other than Montana). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
It doesn't help when we beat up on each other during the playoffs. Cal Poly vs Weber last year, SDSU vs Montana, etc. CAA/SoCon loads up on MEAC and Patriot League fluff. I'm sure they can't wait for the NEC and the Big South to join the party.

Maybe I need to reconsider my stance on the pioneer....perhaps start campaigning for a SWAC bid every year as well.
Last edited by FargoBison on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55728
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by AZGrizFan »

FargoBison wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Actually, what's keeping MVC, BSC and SLC fans out is the lack of an MVC, BSC or SLC TEAM in the game (other than Montana). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
It doesn't help when we beat up on each other during the playoffs. Cal Poly vs Weber last year, SDSU vs Montana, etc. CAA loads up on MEAC and Patriot League fluff. I'm sure they can't wait for the NEC and the Big South to join the party.

Maybe I need to reconsider my stance on the pioneer....perhaps start campaigning for a SWAC bid every year as well.
CERTAINLY now that NEC & Big South are getting tickets punched.

Regionalization SUCKS. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
User avatar
CatMom
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4289
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:28 pm
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by CatMom »

Sounds to me like it's ok for UM or other western team's fans to have to buy tickets, get hotels, rent cars, and travel almost all the way across the US for the NC game but to make any of the east coast teams travel to the center of the US, doing the same things, is morally wrong.

Why is it ok for East Coast fans to always have the opportunity to see the NC game? What's wrong with moving it so others can actually attend? I can't afford to go to Chatty but if it is in Frisco for a few years I will be there...no matter who is in the game.

Some of you misunderstand Texas football fever. And it is the SLC headquarters city. I would put money on SLC fans showing up en masse.
User avatar
TexasTerror
Level1
Level1
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 am
I am a fan of: SHSU

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by TexasTerror »

The latest CSN blog on the subject also covers the Lamar ticket sale success on "opening day".

It comes down to ability to sell out the stadium and create atmosphere. If Frisco, Texas can get the place to be packed regardless of the teams involved - this game will be successful.

Currently, the game lacks consistent community support. The SLC is working with Frisco, Texas to give it the community support it sorely lacks in Chattanooga when it comes to "butts in the seats".
User avatar
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6262
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins
A.K.A.: Nudie Bars
Location: Reggie's

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by JMU DJ »

FargoBison wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Actually, what's keeping MVC, BSC and SLC fans out is the lack of an MVC, BSC or SLC TEAM in the game (other than Montana). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
It doesn't help when we beat up on each other during the playoffs. Cal Poly vs Weber last year, SDSU vs Montana, etc. CAA/SoCon loads up on MEAC and Patriot League fluff. I'm sure they can't wait for the NEC and the Big South to join the party.

Maybe I need to reconsider my stance on the pioneer....perhaps start campaigning for a SWAC bid every year as well.

:rofl:

Have you actually looked at the playoff schedule over the past few years? For every game you can cite for you guys "beating up on each other," you can list another 2 or 3 where the CAA/SOCON are "beating up on each other"/beating up on your conference.
Image
Image
EWUGRIDIRON-BigSky 2014 & 2016 Choke Artist Champions.

EWU Football: Not Even Close to Being The Best Thing Since Sliced Bacon Image

... I'm off the Bandwagon
User avatar
FargoBison
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:44 pm
I am a fan of: NDSU

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by FargoBison »

JMU DJ wrote:
FargoBison wrote:
It doesn't help when we beat up on each other during the playoffs. Cal Poly vs Weber last year, SDSU vs Montana, etc. CAA/SoCon loads up on MEAC and Patriot League fluff. I'm sure they can't wait for the NEC and the Big South to join the party.

Maybe I need to reconsider my stance on the pioneer....perhaps start campaigning for a SWAC bid every year as well.

:rofl:

Have you actually looked at the playoff schedule over the past few years? For every game you can cite for you guys "beating up on each other," you can list another 2 or 3 where the CAA/SOCON are "beating up on each other"/beating up on your conference.
I'm just saying in the past two years, two of the top teams in the west have had to go out in round one since they played another top western team. Things are going to get even more fluffy out east with the NEC and Big South coming in.

Just look at last year...

Weber vs Cal Poly and then the winner played Montana, outside of UNI those were the top western teams last year.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25506
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by Ivytalk »

Col Hogan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Chatt-uh-noog-uh *clap clap clap clap clap*
Gotta go with 'Jelly on this one...lacking a high vis place, keep the game closer to the center of the FCS universe... :thumb:
That's right. FCS does not revolve around (gulp) Texas. 8-)
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020
User avatar
CatMom
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4289
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:28 pm
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: The Support Frisco Effort

Post by CatMom »

Well, it sure as hell doesn't revolve around Tennessee
Post Reply