Football Championship Subdivision discussions
GOKATS
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: Montana State Signing Day

Post by GOKATS »

WyomingGrizFan wrote:
canyoncat wrote:And...Would still like to see a... Punter.
Well, for most times, like, the vast majority of the past twenty years or so, that has been your main offensive weapon. I guess there's no reason to change things as you've been pretty consistent and successful with that type of strategy/game plan. If it works for you and all. Go for it!!!

Ooops!!! Poor choice of wording on that summation statement there. When it's fourth and sixty-three to go I guess I'd send in the punter as well. carry on with your normal average way of doing things there Bobkats; thank you most kindly.
For a grizidiot who's only been around for a week or so with a handful of posts you have the potential to be a real 'prick', something generally lacking in those who dress in 'dark pink'. Dance for me, kid................. :coffee:

Nah, fuck that......................bring me a cold beer beotch!!

Now, go do your homework and get your ass to bed.
WyomingGrizFan
I am a fan of: U of M Griz

Post by WyomingGrizFan »

This is where I ended up after AGS went down. Hell, I'm just getting started. It's like a Renaissance all over again!!!
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

WyomingGrizFan wrote:This is where I ended up after AGS went down. Hell, I'm just getting started. It's like a Renaissance all over again!!!
You still fucking awake? Get my beer and get your ass to bed.....................................

Now!!!
WyomingGrizFan

Post by WyomingGrizFan »

Well, I do happen to have a nice brand new unopened six pack of Portland's Bridgeport Pale Ale India available hereabouts. Hard to believe anything good comes out of Portland; compared to the Vikings that is. I think I'll just go and put on some concert DVDs like Kamelot, Tristania, After Forever, TSOTB, Nightwish, etc., and groove out with some headbangin.' It's almost like going to Burger Bob's in Bozeman and seeing a Griz game on TV in The Cannery. Mighty amazing such woud take place and I can't quite remember what month that was, oh, wait a minute, it must have been in December. Who else would be playing in December, right? Must be all those tryptophans on bird-day slowing them thar 'Kats down and all; making them sleepy as such. Best regards and it won't bother me none if two Montana teams make it to the FCS Play-offs next year; now that they're letting twenty teams in there should be room there for ya somewhere. don't ya think?
Last edited by WyomingGrizFan on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hogger

Post by Hogger »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Hogger wrote:
It's always hilarious when UM guys throw academic smack in the direction of Montana State University.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... ocation+MT

Based upon acceptance rates, which school do you think has lower standards? 66.5% to 95.8%? Wow.
Uh, the two schools have roughly the same number of students, no? So it looks like MSU just gets more applicants...
A representative of the 95.8%? No matter which way you slice it, the "Harvard of the West" ( :rofl: ) isn't even the best school in western Montana.

Although, two third-tier universities probably shouldn't be proclaiming their respective academic awesomeness. :oops: So, I'll stop.
Catattack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: MSU

Post by Catattack »

Back to the new guys. Will Holden who covers Bobcat Athletics and is one of the best around IMO has ranked the new recruits. Here is a little bit on the top 5
1. RB Kerry Sloan
he’s the total package at running back. I was blown away by Sloan’s size when I saw him on campus. And when watching his tape, his speed and shiftiness jump out at you. He’s a rare athlete at this level,

2. Ath. David Dash
The recruiting site called Dash “one of the West’s best kept secrets at running back.”

3. WR John Ellis
Pride, called Ellis “the most complete receiver I’ve ever coached.” Brian Von Bergen echoed those sentiments: He’s an impact guy right now.

4. DT Zach Logan
Kids with this kind of size and athletic ability don’t often come around in a high school recruit at the FCS level. So why did he end up at the FCS level? There are a couple thoughts on that: 1) He wants to be a defensive lineman and most FBS schools wanted him to move to offensive line, 2) He had FBS offers to play defensive line from two schools - Navy and Colorado State - that he just wasn’t interested in.

5. DE Taylor Dees
Watching this kid on film, he truly looks like the second coming of Dane Fletcher. The big Montana boy has to add some bulk and prove he can continue to do what he did at the Class B level against the FCS, but he’s got all the tools.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/bo ... #more-2785

one other note on 6'4 300lb DT Zach Logan, he said in an interview with Will that he "despises Offensive Lineman," gotta love the attitude.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

WyomingGrizFan wrote:Well, I do happen to have a nice brand new unopened six pack of Portland's Porterhouse Pale Ale India available hereabouts. Hard to believe anything good comes out of Portland; compared to the Vikings that is. I think I'll just go and put on some concert DVDs like Kamelot, Tristania, After Forever, TSOTB, Nightwish, etc., and groove out with some headbangin.' It's almost like going to Burger Bob's in Bozeman and seeing a Griz game on TV in The Cannery. Mighty amazing such woud take place and I can't quite remember what month that was, oh, wait a minute, it must have been in December. Who else would be playing in December, right? Must be all those tryptophans on bird-day slowing them thar 'Kats down and all; making them sleepy as such. Best regards and it won't bother me none if two Montana teams make it to the FCS Play-offs next year; now that they're letting twenty teams in there should be room there for ya somewhere. don't ya think?
!

I'm totally listening to Epica's Design Your Universe right now

....and that Kamelot DVD is AWESOME
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

WyomingGrizFan wrote:Hard to believe anything good comes out of Portland; compared to the Vikings that is.
How is that hard to believe? One would think that almost every thing is "good" when compared to the Vikings! :lol:
BigSkyBears
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Northern Colorado

Post by BigSkyBears »

CatBlitz22 wrote:Great looking class. Pretty excited about the speed.
How far away is August? :lol:
Seven months.
WyomingGrizFan

Post by WyomingGrizFan »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
WyomingGrizFan wrote:Hard to believe anything good comes out of Portland; compared to the Vikings that is.
How is that hard to believe? One would think that almost every thing is "good" when compared to the Vikings! :lol:
I think that's what I meant. Damn. That's mighty good beer!!!! Next time I'll let you do the talkin.' May even buy you a round. O.K?
CatBlitz22
Level2
Level2

Post by CatBlitz22 »

BigSkyBears wrote:
CatBlitz22 wrote:Great looking class. Pretty excited about the speed.
How far away is August? :lol:
Seven months.