Mike London's Richmond "stuff"

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
ur76spider
I am a fan of: Richmond

Mike London's Richmond "stuff"

Post by ur76spider »

Just wondering? Now the ML is the HC of a FBS/ACC school (UVA) I wonder if he discarded (sold, pawned, threw away) his Richmond stuff? Did he "hock" his NC ring? Did he discard his UR degree(I hope not!) It would be interesting to know. :? Does he totally disassociate himself from UR and take himself off of the alumni list? What do ya'll think?
SmallCollegeFBFan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: All
A.K.A.: same

Re: Mike London's Richmond "stuff"

Post by SmallCollegeFBFan »

ur76spider wrote:Just wondering? Now the ML is the HC of a FBS/ACC school (UVA) I wonder if he discarded (sold, pawned, threw away) his Richmond stuff? Did he "hock" his NC ring? Did he discard his UR degree(I hope not!) It would be interesting to know. :? Does he totally disassociate himself from UR and take himself off of the alumni list? What do ya'll think?
Heck no. He is just moving up the ladder. Coaches usually keep their stuff unless they hated the place they were at. ML loved UR. He just moved on to a bigger school for more money as most young coaches do. If UR ever moved up to FBS and payed more than Virginia then I would bet he would return for sure.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

ur76spider wrote:Just wondering? Now the ML is the HC of a FBS/ACC school (UVA) I wonder if he discarded (sold, pawned, threw away) his Richmond stuff? Did he "hock" his NC ring? Did he discard his UR degree(I hope not!) It would be interesting to know. :? Does he totally disassociate himself from UR and take himself off of the alumni list? What do ya'll think?
Dont EVER create a topic again, you silly, silly person.
:ohno:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
ur76spider

Post by ur76spider »

Some may think such questions as these are "silly". However I do believe I ask
valid questions. I doubt that London would wear any UR gear around the UVA campus. I would be surprised if his new employer would look kindly on him wearing a NC Championship ring from a FCS school (Richmond) on the sidelines while coaching the Cavaliers! By the way I WILL continue to post from time to time. I'm sorry I got somebody upset with me! :?
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

ur76spider wrote:Some may think such questions as these are "silly". However I do believe I ask
valid questions. I doubt that London would wear any UR gear around the UVA campus. I would be surprised if his new employer would look kindly on him wearing a NC Championship ring from a FCS school (Richmond) on the sidelines while coaching the Cavaliers! By the way I WILL continue to post from time to time. I'm sorry I got somebody upset with me! :?
While I agree with you that he won't walk around with Spider gear on at UVA, he'd have to be very shallow to simply discard that stuff...and that's not Mike London...He's a Wahoo now...but you know the Spiders have a special place in his heart...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
T-Dog
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: App St
A.K.A.: tdog231

Post by T-Dog »

ur76spider wrote: I doubt that London would wear any UR gear around the UVA campus.
No shit. If you were to go from Microsoft to Apple, I doubt your boss at Apple would like you wearing a Microsoft shirt to work.
ur76spider wrote: I would be surprised if his new employer would look kindly on him wearing a NC Championship ring from a FCS school (Richmond) on the sidelines while coaching the Cavaliers!
Jerry Moore at App doesn't wear his rings anywhere. Most coaches just put them in a case as that ring doesn't have any semblance to the upcoming year.

It's not like he's going to publicly burn all his UR stuff. He's moving on to a job where he makes $1.7 million a year. And from what I've heard about London, he's too much a class act to disown or disrespect his former employer.
twitter.com/tdogappst

App State's Final SoCon Record: 204-87-5

All Time W-L-T - 567-321-28
SpiderFan5
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Richmond Spiders

Post by SpiderFan5 »

uh... NO

Sure, he told the kids he would be there their whole career at Richmond
and sent them a text message to tell them he was leaving

But hes not going to act like he never went to Richmond :ohno:
Thats ridiculous
ImageImage
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: Ahab

Post by Captain Ahab »

Captain London crossed decks ta skipper 'nother vessel. We be wishin him fair winds an tha followin seas on tha voyage. He shall fly tha new colours with pride.

Spiderrr colourrrs be relegated ta tha steamer trunk fer later years. AARRR!
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty
A.K.A.: awesome

Post by SuperJon »

This shows how little you (original poster) know about the coaching profession.

Every coach that I've been around that has left for another job has turned his school-branded coaching apparel back into the school. They'll keep the t-shirts and that stuff but the polos, jackets, etc are generally given back.
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: mcveyrl

Post by mcveyrl »

Just look at Tressell after he left YSU for OSU. I think he's still a big donor there.
ur2K
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Spiders

Post by ur2K »

He had a bonfire and burned all the UR stuff with dollar bills.

:fuel:

Can this go on the candidate list for worst topic of the year?
SpiderFan5
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Richmond Spiders

Post by SpiderFan5 »

ur2K wrote:He had a bonfire and burned all the UR stuff with dollar bills.

:fuel:

Can this go on the candidate list for worst topic of the year?
haha yes
ImageImage