Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty
A.K.A.: awesome

Re: The Liberty Low-Down

Post by SuperJon »

I'm so glad I was out of town last week and missed this thread.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

SuperJon wrote:I'm so glad I was out of town last week and missed this thread.
You didn't miss it, it's still here. :lol:

BTW SJ, haven't seen ya much lately. Good to see ya back round these parts. :thumb:

You are one of the original Liberty guys that started putting them on my radar years ago.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: You are one of the original Liberty guys that started putting them on my radar years ago.
With the auto bid now in place, it will be our football team that puts us on people's radars and not so much us fans ;)
SuperJon
Level1
Level1

Post by SuperJon »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
SuperJon wrote:I'm so glad I was out of town last week and missed this thread.
You didn't miss it, it's still here. :lol:

BTW SJ, haven't seen ya much lately. Good to see ya back round these parts. :thumb:

You are one of the original Liberty guys that started putting them on my radar years ago.
I got a new job in a new state and don't have internet in my house. On top of that, I spent the last nine days in Jacksonville on a missions trip with 60 high school kids.
rueful
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: flamefans1971

Post by rueful »

andy7171 wrote:
rueful wrote:Screamin Eagle,
the thing that sucks is I grew up in Tacoma, a huge seahawks fan still to this day, though Im forced to live in St. Louis now( good news is I can see the seahawks once a year for dirt cheap), and truth be told Eastern Washington is probably my 2nd favorite FCS team, my sister and her husband are alum and alot of my friends from growing up are as well. I think it was you on the other thread saying Cheney is a bad FCS town, but heck I'd rather be anywhere in washington than anywhere on the east coast. The PNW in general far out trumps the entire eastern seaboard
JFC just ask him out already!

Since when is St.Lousi the eastern seaboard?

Liberty sucks.

never said st. louis is the eastern seaboard. buuuut ok. Good rebuttal, I got served :pics:
rogers3
Level1
Level1

Post by rogers3 »

SuperJon wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: You didn't miss it, it's still here. :lol:

I got a new job in a new state and don't have internet in my house. On top of that, I spent the last nine days in Jacksonville on a missions trip with 60 high school kids.
New state???
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

rogers3 wrote:
SuperJon wrote:
New state???
Yeah, you didn't hear about Puerto Rico? :lol:
SuperJon
Level1
Level1

Post by SuperJon »

Haha nice. New state = different state in that instance.
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins

Post by JMU DJ »

Fred Phelps wrote: Fred Phelps out.

:lol:

So Liberty fans, since I haven't gotten into football mode yet, who's your QB this year? Mike Brown? QB tandem? How good is Tyler Brennan? Think Henderson will make moves to get in? Do you really want Mike Brown to take all the snaps? I mean, the guys good, he can run and pass, but he's also your top receiver. It's nice to have two guys who can make big plays in the wide out spot like LU has... take Brown away and you've only got one quality/proven WR on the squad.

How's the defense looking? I know you lost one CB from last year, but I haven't taken the time to look into any other slots.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

Mike Brown will take "75% of the snaps" at QB. That's a quote from Coach Rocco during spring ball. The other appx 25% of snaps will come from Tyler Brennan at QB and MB as a wildcat. I've heard Tyler Brennan would be an all-conference QB if he was our full time starter.

Gabe Henderson is our QB of the future. He will Redshirt this year and will push for time as a wildcat qb next year. I hear he is very very good. But he's a definite Redshirt this year.

I think we'll be good at WR with Brown at QB. Last year, our top RB coming out of spring ball was BJ Hayes, and that's where he played all season. With the freshman we have returning and Korey Davis (UMass transfer) becoming eligible we no longer need BJ at RB, and he can move back to his natural position of WR. With BJ Hayes and Chris Summers at WR that gives us 2 all-conference caliber receivers. Add in Ervin Garner (VT transfer from last year) and a couple other young guys we have, we will be fine at WR.

Hopefully our defense will be much improved. We've made a slight change taking one of our outside linebacker positions and converting it into a safety/linebacker spot with one of our starting safeties moving into that spot (Brent Vinson). This will put more speed on the field. The talk around spring ball was that we have a defense good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs.Our DL has loads of depth and talent. Same with the secondary. Our middle linebackers are very good as well. We'll see how it plays out on the field.
JMUpurplehazed
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison
A.K.A.: Purplehazed

Post by JMUpurplehazed »

"go eye socket **** falwell's skull you bible toting religious fanatic" --- classy Citidill :thumbdown:

Why do people attack Liberty all the time for beliefs not relevant to this board?---Liberty fans are talking football aren't they, not inviting you to a tent revival.
James Madison University --- Better than you since 1908...
citdog
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: THE Citadel
A.K.A.: Pres.Jefferson Davis

Post by citdog »

JMUpurplehazed wrote:"go eye socket **** falwell's skull you bible toting religious fanatic" --- classy Citidill :thumbdown:

Why do people attack Liberty all the time for beliefs not relevant to this board?---Liberty fans are talking football aren't they, not inviting you to a tent revival.
they suck. plain and simple. i'd like to burn that tent down. falwell was an anti semite, and a charlatan.
"Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language"
"Save in defense of my native State I hope to never again draw my sword"
Genl Robert E. Lee
Confederate States of America
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I'd still like to see proof of these bogus assertions, Cit. Everything taught in the courses I've taken at Liberty are 180 degrees away from Anti-Semitism. And Falwell himself was NOT the charlatan Bakker and Swaggart were.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
citdog
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: THE Citadel
A.K.A.: Pres.Jefferson Davis

Post by citdog »

SuperHornet wrote:I'd still like to see proof of these bogus assertions, Cit. Everything taught in the courses I've taken at Liberty are 180 degrees away from Anti-Semitism. And Falwell himself was NOT the charlatan Bakker and Swaggart were.
look it up yourself. you do know how to google don't you?
"Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language"
"Save in defense of my native State I hope to never again draw my sword"
Genl Robert E. Lee
Confederate States of America
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4

Post by JMU DJ »

SuperHornet wrote:I'd still like to see proof of these bogus assertions, Cit. Everything taught in the courses I've taken at Liberty are 180 degrees away from Anti-Semitism. And Falwell himself was NOT the charlatan Bakker and Swaggart were.

Oh, besides the Antichrist being a Jew... not much.

... no problem if you want to bash Liberty Cit, take it into the locker room though. As much as I dislike Falwell and Liberty, the students and alumns are generally cool, decent people. Unlike those JMU douchebags.
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4

Post by JMU DJ »

jcmanson wrote:Mike Brown will take "75% of the snaps" at QB. That's a quote from Coach Rocco during spring ball. The other appx 25% of snaps will come from Tyler Brennan at QB and MB as a wildcat. I've heard Tyler Brennan would be an all-conference QB if he was our full time starter.
Not too difficult to be an all conference QB in a small division/the Big South. :lol: ;)

That's the way I thought it would break down with the QB situation. Still think you're losing something in the receiving game. You think Hayes is going to step in? Kinda small for a receiver... same with Garner.... both look decent, but their size underwhelms me. Korey Davis was a nice pick up... though he went to Heritage. I think you guys have a solid run game, but are lacking in quality receivers. Just my outside opinion though. I'll have to wait and see how Garner and Hayes step up as they really haven't shown much at the collegiate level.
Gabe Henderson is our QB of the future. He will Redshirt this year and will push for time as a wildcat qb next year. I hear he is very very good. But he's a definite Redshirt this year.
Thought so.

Hopefully our defense will be much improved. We've made a slight change taking one of our outside linebacker positions and converting it into a safety/linebacker spot with one of our starting safeties moving into that spot (Brent Vinson). This will put more speed on the field. The talk around spring ball was that we have a defense good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs.Our DL has loads of depth and talent. Same with the secondary. Our middle linebackers are very good as well. We'll see how it plays out on the field.
Yeah, I didn't think your defense looked too bad last year... just didn't know how much you had lost. LU seemed to keep most of the scores in the teens while averaging 30+ points a game. Not too shabby.
SuperJon
Level1
Level1

Post by SuperJon »

Chris Summers has finally made "the leap." He's going to be an All Conference player and has the potential to be an All-American. He's gotten bigger and faster and has developed into the type of player that Louisville thought he'd be when they signed him.

Ervin Garner is small but extremely fast. The same can be said about Hayes. Our offense will be get the ball to them in space and let them use their shiftiness and quickness.

Tyler Brennan is very good at quarterback and I'm sure Furman wishes they could've closed the deal with him instead of losing out to us. He'd start at every school in the Big South in my opinion.

Defensively we're extremely fast and have now changed our formation up to allow guys to use that speed. In the past, we didn't have DBs that could go one-on-one so we played a lot of Cover 2 type of stuff. This year we'll be able to change that up, go to more man things, blitz more, and have guys flying around.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

Yeah we lost one DE, a safety, and I think 1 LB starter. Not much.
rogers3
Level1
Level1

Post by rogers3 »

JMUpurplehazed wrote:"go eye socket **** falwell's skull you bible toting religious fanatic" --- classy Citidill :thumbdown:

The scourge of FCS forums!