Grambling vs Louisiana Tech
Villanova at Temple
Richmond at Virginia
Montana State at Washington State
Eastern Kentucky at Louisville
Southern Illinois at Illinois
Illinois State at Northwestern
Northern Iowa at Iowa State

What do you all think? is dude missing anything? I think the biggest one is NAU at Arizona State. NAU should be pretty solid, and Arizona State isn't so hot right now, and doesn't look like they've put together any kind of killer team in the offseason. The second one is Elon at Duke, with a similar situation of a FCS team on the up against an FBS foe on the down. Miss anything there?
LONG LIVE THE NCAC! LONG LIVE SAN FRANCISCO STATE FOOTBALL!

billsheets
I am a fan of: delaware
A.K.A.: fightin blue hens

Re: top ten FCS vs. FBS games

Post by billsheets »

I'll put delaware vs navy and I'll agree with elon vs duke and richmond vs virginia. I think our fcs teams can win those games without a doubt.
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Liberty University

Post by ToTheLeft »

Liberty @ Ball State
S F State Gaters
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: San Francisco State?

Post by S F State Gaters »

ToTheLeft wrote:Liberty @ Ball State
oh good one i didn't remember that one. I'm liking Navy this year though they've got a good HC and a QB who will be close to leading the nation in rushing touchdowns....
LONG LIVE THE NCAC! LONG LIVE SAN FRANCISCO STATE FOOTBALL!

happyappy99
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: er... Liberty heh heh
A.K.A.: nada

Post by happyappy99 »

I think W&M could take down the Tarheels this year, then they cold do their homework for them.
SpeedkingATL
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by SpeedkingATL »

happyappy99 wrote:I think W&M could take down the Tarheels this year, then they cold do their homework for them.
With as many as 5 defensive starters that might end up on probation I would certainly give Bill & Mary a shot. UNC has not always done well against good FCS teams. Furman beat the crap out of them a few years ago. Would love to see more of the same.
NAU_Alum10
I am a fan of: NAU
A.K.A.: JackFan

Post by NAU_Alum10 »

Im glad someone has noted the NAU/ASU game. I don’t think this game gets enough attention. I normally wouldn’t look too hard at this game but all the signs of a good, close game are there. NAU arguably has the better QB in the contest with Michael Herrick under center, while last I herd the QB situation was still shaky in Tempe. The Sun Devil O ranked something like 78 in the country last season. I think the key to this game is gonna be how well the NAU offense competes against a pretty good defense in ASU. NAU returns 4 guys on the O-line, but the real question is gonna be how well Alex Henderson can be replaced witch is gonna be a difficult task. NAU also lost its top receives from last year, but have two returners while adding a FBS transfer to the WR corps. On D the Jack return 7 players or so that were tabbed as starters last season only to get injured. Many young guys got some valuable experience filling in last season, so they should be really deep on this side of the ball. These games have been close the last few times ( ‘06 game was tied going into the 4th quarter 35-14 final, ’08 30-13 final) but I truly feel this would be NAUs best shot at knocking off that school to the south.

Fun fact: The Lumberjacks lead the all-time series vs Arizona State 18-15-4.
GoneTribal
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by GoneTribal »

SpeedkingATL wrote:
happyappy99 wrote:I think W&M could take down the Tarheels this year, then they cold do their homework for them.
With as many as 5 defensive starters that might end up on probation I would certainly give Bill & Mary a shot. UNC has not always done well against good FCS teams. Furman beat the crap out of them a few years ago. Would love to see more of the same.
the only way we have any hope in that game is if they all get suspended. If they are all playing, they will have one of the best defenses in all of foozball.
I bleed GREEN & GOLD

SpeedkingATL
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by SpeedkingATL »

GoneTribal wrote:
SpeedkingATL wrote:
the only way we have any hope in that game is if they all get suspended. If they are all playing, they will have one of the best defenses in all of foozball.
I think this game might be closer than you think even if the tarholes defense is at full strength. You may not score much but indications are that UNC will likely have trouble moving the ball against W&M too. A couple of key turnovers and W&M could pull the upset anyway. LSU might physically beat UNC up to the point that they don't recover for a while either. When App lost to LSU in 2008 that was the most physical defense I had witnessed in person until I saw Bama beat up Florida in the Dome. W&M has a chance in this one and Chapel Hill isn't exactly an imposing stadium either. Get a 3 point lead and the wine and cheeze crowd will get awfully quiet.