Chuck South vs Liberty week FINALLY

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Liberty

Re: Chuck South vs Liberty week FINALLY

Post by kuntryboimike »

OHHHHH forgot about that! Good call. And CSU returns almost all of last years team correct? Okay I take my last statement back. It wont be as much of a factor as I thought haha.
kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

By the way I really do hope for a close game. A win for Liberty of course :) . CSU is a legitimate threat in the Big South this year. BUT no matter the outcome of this game...Do us all a favor and destroy SBU when you head up there 8-) I hate that school more than any other in the Big South. Actually I think it might be the only school I hate in the Big South...
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

CSUBUCDAD wrote:
kuntryboimike wrote:It was a quick question. Saw it on the report and didn't want an entire new thread on it :) back to CSU! Has CSU played in front of 20,000 fans recently??? I wonder if that'll be a factor or if they're use to it? I've gotta check there schedule/attendance for away games again.
They played in front of over 90,000 at the Swamp last year. You won't intimidate them one bit with 20,000 people
Yeah but when was the last time they played in front of 5k much less 20k? 11 of their last 12 games have been for High School size crowds. They may not be intimidated, but it will be a factor. How much? I guess we'll find out.
SumItUp
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty Flames

Post by SumItUp »

I would love to see a blowout victory, but expect this game to be very close. We will win, but it will be too close for comfort.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: StonyBrook
A.K.A.: SBU

Post by Seawolf97 »

kuntryboimike wrote:By the way I really do hope for a close game. A win for Liberty of course :) . CSU is a legitimate threat in the Big South this year. BUT no matter the outcome of this game...Do us all a favor and destroy SBU when you head up there 8-) I hate that school more than any other in the Big South. Actually I think it might be the only school I hate in the Big South...
Play nice now :thumb:
kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

No 8-) I'm still butt hurt from last year HAHA. I stayed up til 4 am while I was in Iraq just to watch Liberty lose online...Pretty disappointing. I wont hate SBU after we beat you this year :thumb: haha.
Knucklehead
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: LIBERTY

Post by Knucklehead »

kuntryboimike wrote:No 8-) I'm still butt hurt from last year HAHA. I stayed up til 4 am while I was in Iraq just to watch Liberty lose online...Pretty disappointing. I wont hate SBU after we beat you this year :thumb: haha.

:thumb: Don't make the guy with the high powered rifle mad at 4am. :thumb: :rofl:
elcid83
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Gardner-Webb

Post by elcid83 »

I'll be interested to see the final score of this game. I'm intrigued by all of the discussions placing Charleston Southern in line for the Big South title. I'm not sure what there is about Charleston Southern's team that warrants this hype, but we will certainly find out this weekend. If they can beat Liberty, the hype would be well deserved.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!
kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

elcid83 wrote:I'll be interested to see the final score of this game. I'm intrigued by all of the discussions placing Charleston Southern in line for the Big South title. I'm not sure what there is about Charleston Southern's team that warrants this hype, but we will certainly find out this weekend. If they can beat Liberty, the hype would be well deserved.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!
The hype comes from them beating SBU last year and almost upsetting Liberty, and then having almost everyone returning from last years team.
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Liberty University

Post by ToTheLeft »

And having the best coach in the BSC.
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern
A.K.A.: MJCOCK, MJ, STUMP

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

Even though they gave the game away to Wofford, the pups were behind with 5:06 left in the game. Now if the Bucs can learn to finish somebody off when they have them on the ropes. That was the game after which Mills said, no more moral victories. We came out to win and we didn't. I was never so glad to here a coach say that.

You want my guns? Come take them.
Knucklehead
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: LIBERTY

Post by Knucklehead »

ToTheLeft wrote:And having the best coach in the BSC.
What makes you say that?
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ToTheLeft »

Knucklehead wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote:And having the best coach in the BSC.
What makes you say that?
Does the most with the least.
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

Just got a text from BJ Hackworth(RB) the Bucs are stuck in a parking lot of a Cracker Barrel somewhere in North Carolina. Guess where the Bucs are eating lunch today?:)

kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

Cracker Barrel is delicious haha
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

Back on the road, oh well. No Cracker Barrel for the boys today.

kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

We have one just across the street from LU! They can eat there tonight :)
Keenan
Level1
Level1

Post by Keenan »

ToTheLeft wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
What makes you say that?
:blah:
Keenan
Level1
Level1

Post by Keenan »

This contest will NOT be close!

Liberty 55
Charleston Southern 14
FINAL
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: awesome

Post by SuperJon »

Mills being the best coach in the Big South is an absolute joke. If he were that, he would've won Coach of the Year at some point and I'm pretty sure we have the guy that has the most of those. He does a great job at CSU but he's been ranked one time and that ended up with a blowout loss to a team that was under .500 at the time of the win. You can give credit to another team without throwing our team under the bus but that's all you seem to be wanting to do lately. There's a way to be critical and still be supportive and you lost sight of that line a long time ago.

I know CSU beat SBU last year, and that was a great win, but I don't put nearly the stock into that win that other people do. Stony Brook had an off week before CSU. They spent that entire week getting ready for Liberty and completely overlooked CSU until game week. Add to that the flight down there and it's a recipe for disaster. It was a great win for CSU, but it's not the monumental mark people are making it out to be.

CSU played Liberty very tough last year. It was a combination of Mills calling the Wildcat offense to perfection and us calling a terrible game on offense and playing with absolutely no spirit. CSU's offense will be in full force this year, and we may still not call a great game offensively, but I can guarantee you we'll have the spirit we didn't have last year.

CSU has played at a few big-time places the last few years. However, in 06 when they came here they had a great team and were completely blown away by the 9000 people in the stands. In 2008, they had a decent team and were blown away by 15,000 people in the stands. This year they have a team that could be great but has played in front of an average of 3200 fans outside of the Hawaii game. Yes, Hawaii had 30,000 people, but I doubt any of them cared or worried about Charleston Southern. On Saturday, there will be 20,000 people who are into the game and are excited. The question becomes will this be a typical CSU team that sees that and folds or will they show a backbone and stand up? I guess we'll find out around 3:35.
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ToTheLeft »

Last edited by ToTheLeft on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ToTheLeft »

Keenan wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote:
Very insightful once again. Thanks for your input.
Keenan
Level1
Level1

Post by Keenan »

ToTheLeft wrote:
Keenan wrote:
:tothehand: I fully expect you to show up today in CSU gear or go home! If your "INSIGHT" consists of ripping Liberty I think I'm entitled to rip you. There's your insight for the day! :kisswink:
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ToTheLeft »

Keenan wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote:
:tothehand: I fully expect you to show up today in CSU gear or go home! If your "INSIGHT" consists of ripping Liberty I think I'm entitled to rip you. There's your insight for the day! :kisswink:
Oh, I get it. Because I'm tired of losing to teams we shouldn't lose to, I'm not a fan?

Give me a break. I might be a fan but I'm not blindly loyal to Saint Rocco and his bullcrap defensive scheme that's ruined us since he's been here.
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ToTheLeft »

0-0 as we get towards the end of the 1st. LU just got robbed on what may be the worst call I've ever seen on a "kick catch interference" when no one was within 4 yards.