Football Championship Subdivision discussions
DBlue
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: FCS
A.K.A.: Dblue

Fun Game...Cal Poly @ ODU

Post by DBlue »

Not much D but a fun game. Cal Poly leads 27 - 20 approaching halftime.

http://ohlulz.com/ncaaf/flash.php?lulz= ... otbl@32076" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DBlue
Level1
Level1

Re: Fun Game...Cal Poly @ ODU

Post by DBlue »

13:25 left in the 4th, West Coasters 34 and Newbies from Virginia 27.
DBlue
Level1
Level1

Post by DBlue »

10:17 in the 4th, 37 - 27 Poly.
DBlue
Level1
Level1

Post by DBlue »

9:17 in the 4th, ODU trails 37 - 30.
DBlue
Level1
Level1

Post by DBlue »

4th quarter, 7:08 Poly on top 44 - 30.
DBlue
Level1
Level1

Post by DBlue »

Arena like, 50 - 30 Poly over ODU, 6:10 remaining in the 4th.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Poly over 500 total yards, over 250 passing yards.
DBlue
Level1
Level1

Post by DBlue »

Reminds me of MSU - Sac State game. 3:24 left Cal Poly 50...ODU 37.
DBlue
Level1
Level1

Post by DBlue »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SloStang
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Post by SloStang »

ODU has an impressive program. Look out CAA. Best of the luck the rest of the season.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Just some quick thoughts on the game...

Cal Poly is one of my newest favorite teams. I know we lost, but the Mustang offense was SOOOOOOOOO much fun to watch. I don't know if we sold out or not, but the atmosphere was great and the whole game was simply an enjoyable match. I met a few Cal Poly fans after the game (mostly parents of players) and they were all extremely gracious guests. I'm gonna regard the Cal Poly faithful very highly after this game.

Overall, I'm not disappointed at all at how this game ended up. I think that 50-37 is nothing to be ashamed of for a year 2 program facing a ranked opponent. And kudos for Cal Poly to travel across the whole effin' country to play us. :clap:
SloStang
Level2
Level2

Post by SloStang »

∞∞∞ wrote:Just some quick thoughts on the game...

Cal Poly is one of my newest favorite teams. I know we lost, but the Mustang offense was SOOOOOOOOO much fun to watch. I don't know if we sold out or not, but the atmosphere was great and the whole game was simply an enjoyable match. I met a few Cal Poly fans after the game (mostly parents of players) and they were all extremely gracious guests. I'm gonna regard the Cal Poly faithful very highly after this game.

Overall, I'm not disappointed at all at how this game ended up. I think that 50-37 is nothing to be ashamed of for a year 2 program facing a ranked opponent. And kudos for Cal Poly to travel across the whole effin' country to play us. :clap:
ODU is now toward the top of my list too. It is awesome what you have done in three short years. Hope to see ODU in SLO sometime in the future.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SloStang wrote:ODU is now toward the top of my list too. It is awesome what you have done in three short years. Hope to see ODU in SLO sometime in the future.
Thanks a lot Slo. I really hope ODU does travel to the West Coast soon too. I think our 10+ California players deserve to play infront of family and friends at least once before they leave the program that they helped establish the groundwork for. I mean, these guys left their lives all the way across the country to begin something new here, and for that, they deserve a reward. Regardless if it happens or not, we'll forever remember them once they graduate.

Anyways, good game and good luck the rest of the year!
CPAlum
Level1
Level1

Fun Game...Cal Poly @ ODU

Post by CPAlum »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SloStang wrote:ODU is now toward the top of my list too. It is awesome what you have done in three short years. Hope to see ODU in SLO sometime in the future.
Thanks a lot Slo. I really hope ODU does travel to the West Coast soon too. I think our 10+ California players deserve to play infront of family and friends at least once before they leave the program that they helped establish the groundwork for. I mean, these guys left their lives all the way across the country to begin something new here, and for that, they deserve a reward. Regardless if it happens or not, we'll forever remember them once they graduate.

Anyways, good game and good luck the rest of the year!
Thanks ODU... You guys are a fun team to watch. Great facility and and great fans. Hope to see you in SLO
bojeta
A.K.A.: Mustangs

Post by bojeta »

So wish I could have been there!!! I'm a Cal Poly alumnus, but my father was born and raised in Norflolk, VA. He was there when Old Dominion opened! Listening to this game on the radio was fun. I can only imagine how great it was to be there. I too would love to see a great program like Old Dominion come out to San Luis Obispo. Best of luck to you all for the remainder of the season.
expandspanos
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: School of Hard Knocks

Post by expandspanos »

You should have watched it on the channelsurfing feed.. great video.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Big McLargehuge
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Big McLargehuge »

I'm really impressed that Cal Poly was able to put that sort of offense forth with the week that they had...what was it, one practice to prepare? They're legit.
Pittsburgh Penguins|Pittsburgh Steelers|Pittsburgh Pirates
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Tis a shame you never saw them while Barden was there...he was a freak of nature. :shock: :shock: :notworthy:
ODUalum11
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Monarchs, Gators, Huskies

Post by ODUalum11 »

Grizalltheway wrote:

Tis a shame you never saw them while Barden was there...he was a freak of nature. :shock: :shock: :notworthy:
and yet is barely getting any playing time with the Giants now. :ohno: FYI, I'm a Giants fan. I really thought he was going to be the second coming of Plaxico Buress without the shooting himself in the leg in a night club obviously.

Anyway, a lot of ODU fans over on MonarchNation are bashing Demarco for his performance but in my opinion there is very little to be upset about from this game....Cal Poly was just flat out better last night.
bojeta
A.K.A.: Mustangs

Post by bojeta »

expandspanos wrote:You should have watched it on the channelsurfing feed.. great video.
Thanks! I'l like to see that.
Can you give me more info on the "channel surfing feed"?
DukeJack
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: JMU, NAU
A.K.A.: 08Duke

Post by DukeJack »

bojeta wrote:
expandspanos wrote:You should have watched it on the channelsurfing feed.. great video.
http://channelsurfing.net/

ChannelSurfing is a streaming site, just like atdhe.net, justintv, ustream, or rojadirecta.org. Someone takes a video feed from their TV, hooks it up to their computer, and allows what ever is playing to be seen, or streamed, by anyone on the internet. It's usually the only free way to watch FCS games nationally.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

DukeJack wrote:
bojeta wrote:
http://channelsurfing.net/

ChannelSurfing is a streaming site, just like atdhe.net, justintv, ustream, or rojadirecta.org. Someone takes a video feed from their TV, hooks it up to their computer, and allows what ever is playing to be seen, or streamed, by anyone on the internet. It's usually the only free way to watch FCS games nationally.
Yes and it's also only available while the game is on so if ya missed it, ya missed it.

Save Channelsurfing as a favorite though and also keep refreshing the page if you don't see the game you want immediately there is a chance that it will show up as the game starts or gets close to starting.