Sacred Heart vs. Georgetown
Wagner Seahawks 1987 NCAA Division 3 National Champions
aceinthehole
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCSU

Re: NEC Pick'em Week 8

Post by aceinthehole »

Albany vs. CCSU - Central has been improving week to week and the offensive is running well. CCSU's run defense is very suspect, and I expect UA to run the ball right at them. If the Blue Devils can control TOP and make UA play from behind, they should win this one.

Duquesne @ Wagner - Wagner has a lot question marks in their game, but they can be explosive and unpredictable. This is another trip east for a good Dukes team, but I think they 'Escape from NY' with a win.

Monmouth vs. SFPA - Hawks are loking better and stronger each week. It's a real shame they don't have a better record to let everyone know it.

Sacred Heart vs. Georgetown - The Hoyas are reeling and have to make the bus trip through the tri-state to Fairfield. SHU is a few bad breaks away from winning a few games in previous weeks.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Albany vs. CCSU
Duquesne @ Wagner
Monmouth vs. SFPA
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CoachL
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Butler, Duquesne

Post by CoachL »

Albany vs. CCSU (Friday Game) - Okay. I understand that this pick makes no sense. Albany has sucked recently. I get it. I just have a hard time imagining that Bob Ford is going to let his team go down the crapper for the rest of the season. Something in my gut (maybe it's the feta cheese from last night's pizza) tells me that this is the NEC Upset of the Week. (Trademark pending)

Duquesne @ Wagner - If Wagner is hoping that Akeem Moore's heel will step on the line at the back of the end zone to lose this one for the Dukes... it ain't gonna happen. Wagner and Bryant are the two enigmatic teams in the NEC this season. Not sure which Wagner team shows up this week, but I believe that the Dukes will defeat either one.

Monmouth vs. SFPA - St. Francis puts up a fight, but Monmouth steals the Red Flash's lunch money.

Sacred Heart vs. Georgetown - Is Georgetown for real this year? Is Sacred Heart as bad as their record? No and no. I'm always pulling for the Georgetown football team, but this one may be easier than most people predict
FAMU Rattler70
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Florida A&M Rattlers

Post by FAMU Rattler70 »

Albany vs. CCSU
Duquesne @ Wagner
Monmouth vs. SFPA
The Rattlers will strike, strike, and strike again.
I Bleed Orange and Green
seahawkfan2010
I am a fan of: Wagner

Post by seahawkfan2010 »

Albany vs. CCSU: Would like to pick the home team in this game but after last weeks offensive performance vs. RMU (0 points, 7 First Downs and 132 Total Yards), it's not likely the Danes will be lighting up the scoreboard. CCSU 20-10

Duquesne @ Wagner: The Dukes will look to spoil Wagner's homecoming and Walt Hamline's 200th win on Saturday. After two come from behind wins vs. Georgetown and St. Francis, the Seahawks have some momentum going. Wagner 27-21

Monmouth vs. St. Francis (Pa): The Hawks won two out of their last three and short of a last second blocked FG in the RMU game, Monmouth would be (3-0) in the NEC. St. Francis has not played competetively on the road. Monmouth 34-10

SHU vs. Georgetown: I will be rooting for the NEC team and think this will be a close one but the Hoyas have a winning season at stake and need this one to do that. Georgetown 24-21
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Albany vs. CCSU (Friday Game)
Duquesne @ Wagner
Monmouth vs. SFPA
Original_RMC
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Robert Morris

Post by Original_RMC »

Albany vs. CCSU (Friday Game)
Friday Night Lights at Albany this week. Albany really took it on the chin from RMU last week. But I don't think Albany is not as bad as they appeared in that game. CCSU had 2 weeks to get ready for Albany and they will need it as now Albany is very dangerous since their back is up against the wall. Albany needs to crack the scoreboard first in this game but if they allow CCSU to get up early...it could be a long night for the not so Great Danes.
But I think Coach Ford hands over the offense to Buddy Leathley and allows him to take over the game and he will be the major difference in this game for Albany.
Albany wins at home with a very late TD in the 4th.

Albany 34-28

Duquesne @ Wagner
NEC Trap Game of the Week.
It's Homecoming for Wagner and one lucky fan is going to win 'Free Moe's Southwest Grill for a Year'...makes me want to travel to NY on Saturday.
Nick Doscher channels his inner 'Rick Sarille' during this game and leads the Seahawks to a huge Homecoming win against the Dukes. This will be a high scoring game and the Seahawks need to be ready to score with each chance they get. I think the long road trip plus looking ahead to RMU will affect the Dukes just enough to allow this game to slip away from them.

Wagner 38-37

Monmouth vs. SFPA
Every year all the NEC fans seem to hope that this is the year that SFPA breaks out. Please mark 2010 as the year that SFPA is still the same old SFPA. Monmouth is still in a great position to steal the NEC crown but they did some help in the next couple of weeks. Monmouth rolls at home easily.

Monmouth 31-10

Georgetown just lost to the worst team in the Patriot League and SHU does play well at home. GU gives up a lot of yards per game through the air (223.4) which plays right into SHU's gameplan. But SHU can not play run & gun against GU if they plan on breaking their 6 game losing streak. SHU will need to feed Archer to ball to help setup the passing attack.
SHU finally is able to celebrate their 1st win at home.

SHU 23-20
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

Albany vs. CCSU (Friday Game) - two reasons:

(1) we're a ridiculously young team that has not figured out how to make that long-ass trip from Albany to Western PA. The team that played in our 1 home game this year (yes - that's right - only 1 so far) against SFPA was a completely different team then what I saw in the RMU and Duquesne games. They also played much better in the short trip to Yale. The first halves against Duquesne and RMU killed us. Specifically the defense played much better at home, but here are some stats on our offensive youth courtesy of Haggy on the UA board:
haggyland wrote:Some bullets:
-The top seven players ranked by average all-purpose yards per game are all freshman and sophomores.
-23 players have appeared on the list for all-purpose yardage, and only three were seniors. Of these seniors, only one (Jason Poore) is classified as an offensive player. Chris Blais (OLB) had a 35 yard interception return and Trevor Anderson (DT) returned a punt.
-The first senior to appear on the list (sorted from highest to lowest average for all-purpose yards) is Chris Blais at number 11, but he is a defensive player. The first offense-based player is Jason Poore at number nineteen.
-The WR position has had an average of 3.00 all-purpose yards from its senior-year players.
-The TB position has had an average of 3.50 all-purpose yards from its junior-year players, and no senior-year TB has gained a yard all season.
-The only TE to gain yards all season is a sophomore.
(2) New QB for Albany this week. Buddy Leathey will get the start after releiving Dan DiLella who was 4-17 for 12 yards in the first half agaisnt RMU. :shock: Leathey was 10-17 for 81 yards in the second half. He did have 2 INTs but it was clear he was pushing it trying to get back in the game, which didn't work. Leathey is 100 times more athletic than DiLella is and hopefully that will give our O-Coordinator some confidence to open the playbook up. I can count the # of plays we've run outside the tackle this year on one hand.

With that being said, this will be a close one and its going to be cold (high of 49 for Albany tomorrow which will probably mean about 40 or so at kickoff. Coldest game so far for both teams. Cold is of course relative. I was a QB so anything under 55 required a hand muff and under armor. ;)

Duquesne @ Wagner - Wagner has gained some serious confidence in the last three weeks and with Doscher at QB they can never be counted out. Duquesne, on the other hand, is going backwards after a promising win over Albany. I'll give the edge to Wagner but only because of the long trip from PA.

Monmouth vs. SFPA - long trip or not, SFPA is the same as it ever was.....bad.

Sacred Heart vs. Georgetown - uhhh.....SHU lost 41-0 to SFPA. Enough said.
UAalum72
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: University at Albany

Post by UAalum72 »

danefan wrote:Albany vs. CCSU (Friday Game) - two reasons:
With that being said, this will be a close one and its going to be cold (high of 49 for Albany tomorrow which will probably mean about 40 or so at kickoff. Coldest game so far for both teams. Cold is of course relative. I was a QB so anything under 55 required a hand muff and under armor. ;)
More to the point, the wind will be from the WNW at 15-25 mph (as usual).
bobcat7
I am a fan of: Fordham, Duquesne

Post by bobcat7 »

Albany vs. CCSU (Friday Game) - Albany waxed badly in Western Pa. on two occasions. They are clearly building and will need an offension burst against CCSU. I don't see it.

Duquesne @ Wagner - Dukes have been unlucky despite a decent record. The 8-hour adventure is my only doubt.

Monmouth vs. SFPA - Monmouth is better than I expected. Time to climb aboard.

Sacred Heart vs. Georgetown - Georgetown football, for the moment, blows. I hope they turn the program around, but it won't happen soon.
8-)
bobcat7
I am a fan of: Fordham, Duquesne

Post by bobcat7 »

As another old (VERY) QB, I demand to see Dane in his muff. 8-)
dgreco
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Bryant

Post by dgreco »

super late so I only got 3 left...

Wagner, Monmouth and SHU.
aceinthehole
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCSU

Post by aceinthehole »

NEC Week 8 - FINALS:

Saint Francis - 7
Monmouth - 19

Duquesne - 21
Wagner - 20

Georgetown - 20
Sacred Heart - 33

CCSU - 30
Albany - 27
(OT)

NEC Standings (NEC, overall):
Robert Morris (5-0, 6-1)
Cent Conn St (4-0, 5-2)
Monmouth (3-1, 3-4)
Duquesne (3-2, 5-3)
Wagner (2-2, 4-3)
Bryant (1-3, 4-3)
Albany (1-3, 3-4)
St Francis (1-4, 1-6)
Sacred Heart (0-5, 2-6)
CoachL
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Butler, Duquesne

Post by CoachL »

Albany vs. CCSU (Friday Game) - Okay. I understand that this pick makes no sense. Albany has sucked recently. I get it. I just have a hard time imagining that Bob Ford is going to let his team go down the crapper for the rest of the season. Something in my gut (maybe it's the feta cheese from last night's pizza) tells me that this is the NEC Upset of the Week. (Trademark pending)

Close, but no cigar! Albany need not hang their heads. CCSU really earned this one.

Duquesne @ Wagner - If Wagner is hoping that Akeem Moore's heel will step on the line at the back of the end zone to lose this one for the Dukes... it ain't gonna happen. Wagner and Bryant are the two enigmatic teams in the NEC this season. Not sure which Wagner team shows up this week, but I believe that the Dukes will defeat either one.

Too close for comfort. The Dukes try their darnedest to give the game to Wagner (literally - 4 fumbles!), but pull themselves together in time to spoil Wagner's homecoming. I was underwhelmed by Doscher's arm, but impressed with his running ability.

Monmouth vs. SFPA - St. Francis puts up a fight, but Monmouth steals the Red Flash's lunch money.

:check: I underestimated Monmouth at the beginning of the season. They could still win the NEC.

Sacred Heart vs. Georgetown - Is Georgetown for real this year? Is Sacred Heart as bad as their record? No and no. I'm always pulling for the Georgetown football team, but this one may be easier than most people predict.

:check: