SB vs. Liberty

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
sbufan33
I am a fan of: Stony Brook
A.K.A.: SBUFAN33

SB vs. Liberty

Post by sbufan33 »

When Stony Brook Beats LIBERTY in 2 weeks, what are the chances of Liberty getting an At large Bid?
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: StonyBrook
A.K.A.: SBU

Re: SB vs. Liberty

Post by Seawolf97 »

Lets not get past GWU this weekend. Talk about Liberty on Sunday. No over the horizon game plans yet.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by jcmanson »

sbufan33 wrote:When Stony Brook Beats LIBERTY in 2 weeks, what are the chances of Liberty getting an At large Bid?
:lol:

Just like we were going to lose to PC and just like we were going to lose to GW? I'm loving your LU predictions.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

Seawolf97 wrote:Lets not get past GWU this weekend. Talk about Liberty on Sunday. No over the horizon game plans yet.
The GW game doesn't matter for SBU. All they have to do is beat LU and they will be champs.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

sbufan33 wrote:When Stony Brook Beats LIBERTY in 2 weeks, what are the chances of Liberty getting an At large Bid?
If that were to happen... zero.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: StonyBrook
A.K.A.: SBU

Post by Seawolf97 »

jcmanson wrote:
Seawolf97 wrote:Lets not get past GWU this weekend. Talk about Liberty on Sunday. No over the horizon game plans yet.
The GW game doesn't matter for SBU. All they have to do is beat LU and they will be champs.
Still rather go into Liberty 5-0 than 4-1. :thumb:
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

Seawolf97 wrote:
jcmanson wrote:
Still rather go into Liberty 5-0 than 4-1. :thumb:
I know. I'd rather you guys be 5-0 as well.
sbufan33

Post by sbufan33 »

jcmanson wrote:
:lol:

Just like we were going to lose to PC and just like we were going to lose to GW? I'm loving your LU predictions.

I wanted the upset to happened against Presby (which almost happen in the 1st half at least) , I knew GWebb didn't stand a chance, BUT I’m pretty confident that stony can pull it off in two weeks, If we limit the penalties we will dominate.
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

I'll answer the question - first I guess -

If LU doesn't win the AQ they have a near zero chance at an At-large.

They'll be 8-3 with loses to JMU, Stony Brook and Robert Morris.

One "quality" win over an FBS team, but I don't think that's enough to warrant a second Big South bid.
kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

I'm pretty confident SB doesn't stand a chance @LU...If Liberty loses any game in conference this year it'll be at Coastal and I'm pretty confident we'll come out with the W there too. Silly SB fans....HAHA!
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: awesome

Post by SuperJon »

jcmanson wrote:
It means a ton to them. If they lose this weekend, and Coastal beats LU, then Coastal is in the driver's seat, not SBU.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

SuperJon wrote:
jcmanson wrote:
It means a ton to them. If they lose this weekend, and Coastal beats LU, then Coastal is in the driver's seat, not SBU.
No. In that scenario all 3 would be 4-1 going into the last game. SBU would be in the driver seat because they'd be the only team in the position where if they win they're in without any help.

Again the SBU/GW game doesn't matter. If SBU beats LU they will be champs.
Knucklehead
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: LIBERTY

Post by Knucklehead »

Dear cart please get back behind the horse! BEAT COASTAL!
Flamefan121
A.K.A.: Waka flocka

Post by Flamefan121 »

Well said knuckle. The coastal game scares me a lot more than the sbu game. Flames have won 11(?) straight big south games at home. I don't see any reason why this would be different. And sbufan why are you so confident? Because you won on a blown coverage with 50 seconds left last year? or because last time you came down here you lost 33-0? Just curious.
kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

Flamefan121 wrote:Well said knuckle. The coastal game scares me a lot more than the sbu game. Flames have won 11(?) straight big south games at home. I don't see any reason why this would be different. And sbufan why are you so confident? Because you won on a blown coverage with 50 seconds left last year? or because last time you came down here you lost 33-0? Just curious.
I feel the saaaame way! I'm much more worried about the game @ Coastal. I can already see myself yelling and jumping up and down going crazy in my living room.
sbufan33

Post by sbufan33 »

Flamefan121 wrote:Well said knuckle. The coastal game scares me a lot more than the sbu game. Flames have won 11(?) straight big south games at home. I don't see any reason why this would be different. And sbufan why are you so confident? Because you won on a blown coverage with 50 seconds left last year? or because last time you came down here you lost 33-0? Just curious.

because we are a much better team defensively than we've been in the past 2 meetings, and the fact that we have an efficent passing attack that wasn't there in the begining of the season. this is probably one of the best SB team overal that the brook has had in a long time. As i stated before, if we limit the stupid penalities, it will be a long day for LIB fans.
kuntryboimike
Level2
Level2

Post by kuntryboimike »

Okay honestly I'm not worried about SBU....LETS GO LU BEAT COASTAL!!!
Flamefan121

Post by Flamefan121 »

sbufan33 wrote:

because we are a much better team defensively than we've been in the past 2 meetings, and the fact that we have an efficent passing attack that wasn't there in the begining of the season. this is probably one of the best SB team overal that the brook has had in a long time. As i stated before, if we limit the stupid penalities, it will be a long day for LIB fans.
I would agree that this is by far the best SBU teams in years and certainly going to be a strong test for Lib. But to say that its going to be a long day for LIB fans is just ignorant, Yes we have lost a few games but have yet to face an opponent that has given us a long day.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

Flamefan121 wrote:
sbufan33 wrote:

I would agree that this is by far the best SBU teams in years and certainly going to be a strong test for Lib. But to say that its going to be a long day for LIB fans is just ignorant, Yes we have lost a few games but have yet to face an opponent that has given us a long day.
But this is the great and mighty 5-4 Stony Brook Seawolves with losses to 2-7 Lafayette and 4-4 Brown. :lol:

SBU gives up an average of 25 points a game. Let's not pretend their defense is special.
Flamefan121

Post by Flamefan121 »

And let's not pretend the flames average 42 ppg since the jmu game. And let's not pretend they are 5th in the nation in scoring offense.
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

Flamefan121 wrote:And let's not pretend the flames average 42 ppg since the jmu game. And let's not pretend they are 5th in the nation in scoring offense.
And let's not pretend the Liberty is ranked #116 (out of 117 teams) in strength of schedule with their opposition being 27-56 to date.

Thank goodness for GW at #117, huh?
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
Flamefan121

Post by Flamefan121 »

Aho Old Guy wrote:
Flamefan121 wrote:And let's not pretend the flames average 42 ppg since the jmu game. And let's not pretend they are 5th in the nation in scoring offense.
And let's not pretend the Liberty is ranked #116 (out of 117 teams) in strength of schedule with their opposition being 27-56 to date.

I don't know where you got your SOS information from. (not trying to be a smart one I really want to know) sagarin doesn't have us nearly that low. But yes obviously low I won't be dumb and argue that
But we can't help what conference we play in. Ooc we played 2 terrible teams, 2 top 25 caliber teams and an fbs team. Theres nothing embarassing about that. And I was just stating a fact. We are 5th in the nation in scoring offense (fact) Playing against another average defense. (fact) that would lead you to believe we should score points.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Flamefan121 wrote:
Aho Old Guy wrote:

I don't know where you got your SOS information from. (not trying to be a smart one I really want to know) sagarin doesn't have us nearly that low. But yes obviously low I won't be dumb and argue that
But we can't help what conference we play in. Ooc we played 2 terrible teams, 2 top 25 caliber teams and an fbs team. Theres nothing embarassing about that. And I was just stating a fact. We are 5th in the nation in scoring offense (fact) Playing against another average defense. (fact) that would lead you to believe we should score points.
The fact you are putting up great numbers against shitty teams isn't that impressive.

It's the same reason people don't have Boise State as a a #1 team right now. Yeah, their numbers a pretty......but thy are beating up on pretty shitty teams.
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

Flamefan121 wrote:
Aho Old Guy wrote:

Ah Old Guy loves the NCAA SOS figures which only consider your opponents results, not the strength of the teams that went into those results.

So to say they are far from accurate is an understatement at best.
Franks Tanks
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Lafayette College
A.K.A.: Big Sexy

Post by Franks Tanks »

jcmanson wrote:
Flamefan121 wrote:
But this is the great and mighty 5-4 Stony Brook Seawolves with losses to 2-7 Lafayette and 4-4 Brown. :lol:

SBU gives up an average of 25 points a game. Let's not pretend their defense is special.

How is SBU beating anyone? We (Lafayette) beat them and we still have a 3 way battle for QB going into the next to last game of the season! We lost to Princeton for crying out loud.