Most Hated

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Wincaps
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: ASUicehockey

Most Hated

Post by Wincaps »

I was thinking about this the other day and I know this varies for many fans but for the most part who are the most hated teams in the FCS. A lot of sports fans for example hate the NY Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, or Ohio State Buckeyes for various reasons but who's despised at our level? Weather it's because of crazy coaches, dirty players, obnoxious fans, or something aside from the football program specifically, who do the FCS followers out there love to hate? Just curious.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Most Hated

Post by Gil Dobie »

Probably going to be NDSU :ohno:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Yeah I'd say it's NDSU because of their fans. Of course there has been a major pull back in the past couple of years due to them not being real successful on the field. Most of the guys that remain are the good ones but with just this one victory yesterday you can damn well bet that an influx of know nothing assholes from the Fargo area is forthcoming again.
Wincaps

Post by Wincaps »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Yeah I'd say it's NDSU because of their fans. Of course there has been a major pull back in the past couple of years due to them not being real successful on the field. Most of the guys that remain are the good ones but with just this one victory yesterday you can damn well bet that an influx of know nothing ******* from the Fargo area is forthcoming again.
Wow I would have never guessed NDSU had such a bad rep with fans. The reason I say that is over here on the east coast I never see NDSU stuff. Sounds like some pretty dirty stuff over there on that side of the country.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

You mean outside of out-and-out rivalries? The Griz hate the Kitties. The Hornets hate the Aggies. But in terms of universal hate? I really can't think of anyone. For me, I really don't like SUU or that many of the teams back east, but that doesn't really rise to the level of "hate." At least in terms of agreeing with a ton of others that a team is worthy of hate. In FCS terms, I only "hate" UC Davis.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

SAM
Doesn't matter how good or bad their team may or may not be. I dont' even care if they beat us, like this year because we sucked and they actually have some good young talent, but because of TT and how he is and what he does as a rep of that U just makes me fully hate them.
(he's already gone over to the WAC board - a place he doesn't need to even be - and started dumping on TXST)
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Wincaps wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Yeah I'd say it's NDSU because of their fans. Of course there has been a major pull back in the past couple of years due to them not being real successful on the field. Most of the guys that remain are the good ones but with just this one victory yesterday you can damn well bet that an influx of know nothing ******* from the Fargo area is forthcoming again.
Wow I would have never guessed NDSU had such a bad rep with fans. The reason I say that is over here on the east coast I never see NDSU stuff. Sounds like some pretty dirty stuff over there on that side of the country.
It has much more to do with being on the FCS football boards than it does what their fans are like in person. On the boards they overvalue themselves and the Bison team in a way that you have not seen outside of possibly Red Sox/NY Yankees fans.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Wincaps wrote:I was thinking about this the other day and I know this varies for many fans but for the most part who are the most hated teams in the FCS. A lot of sports fans for example hate the NY Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, or Ohio State Buckeyes for various reasons but who's despised at our level? Weather it's because of crazy coaches, dirty players, obnoxious fans, or something aside from the football program specifically, who do the FCS followers out there love to hate? Just curious.
I'd like to say Montana, but I really can't. On the field, sure there is hatred, but their fanbase and their team represent the school, the conference and FCS really well. If there is a good play that the Griz opponent does, their fanbase is just as quick to point it out as the opponent's fans. It's pretty difficult to continually hate a team when they are not giving you an actual reason to hate them, outside of performance of course. :nod:

It's great to be competitive and beat the Griz, but I would not say there is out and out hate. That said, I don't think there is anyone within the Big Sky that are "bad boys". Maybe Portland State. :D
Wincaps

Post by Wincaps »

SuperHornet wrote:You mean outside of out-and-out rivalries? The Griz hate the Kitties. The Hornets hate the Aggies. But in terms of universal hate? I really can't think of anyone. For me, I really don't like SUU or that many of the teams back east, but that doesn't really rise to the level of "hate." At least in terms of agreeing with a ton of others that a team is worthy of hate. In FCS terms, I only "hate" UC Davis.
Rivalries included. Me, I cant say I care much for Georgia Southern or their fans. I'm sure they feel the same way towards App State fans but regardless of what App accomplishes SOME gsu fans like to belittle our accomplishments with a simple 6NC>3NC. 6 national championships is a record and a amazing thing but some feel entitled that they should always win and no one can compare to them. But who knows, GSU could win #7 this year... but hope they dont.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CatMom wrote:SAM
Doesn't matter how good or bad their team may or may not be. I dont' even care if they beat us, like this year because we sucked and they actually have some good young talent, but because of TT and how he is and what he does as a rep of that U just makes me fully hate them.
(he's already gone over to the WAC board - a place he doesn't need to even be - and started dumping on TXST)
Yeah I saw that and you called him out on his BS too. :lol: Of course that issue would have been averted had TX State not lost to a NAIA team in hoops.
youngterrier
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: the option
A.K.A.: Boss the Terrier

Post by youngterrier »

App fans are pretty cool overall, minus very few ....one in particular, but I think it's just his personality :?

I really don't have any complaint other than Elon in general.
ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mustangs
A.K.A.: Rocket

Post by ChetSteadman »

youngterrier wrote:App fans are pretty cool overall, minus very few ....one in particular, but I think it's just his personality :?

What did I do???

Let's see...I don't like Furman or GSU, because they are part of the historical SoCon "Big 3", but I don't really have anything against their fan base. They have their few idiots just as App has. I don't like WCU simply because they are WCU. That and they think they are better than App in every way, which they are not, of course. And I don't like EWU because of that stupid gimmicky turf.

Above all others, though, I hate the University of North Carolina. I know they aren't FCS, but they are still a bunch of asshats. Especially the ones who didn't go there but still refer to the tarholes like they did. You know, "we didn't play well last night" or "I can't believe we got caught cheating and junk". Eff em.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

JALMOND wrote:
I'd like to say Montana, but I really can't. On the field, sure there is hatred, but their fanbase and their team represent the school, the conference and FCS really well. . :D

Except about half of the posts on eGriz...There are a number of posters there that make the worst NDSU poster look reasonable and nice...
:thumb:
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

SDHornet wrote:
CatMom wrote:SAM
Yeah I saw that and you called him out on his BS too. :lol: Of course that issue would have been averted had TX State not lost to a NAIA team in hoops.
Hey, we know our BB team sucks. Remember the headlines we got last year when our girls lost to Baylor like 10000 to nil? Baseball is our sport. In any case, he didn't need to go post there other than to gloat. SAM has a good BB program...I'm fully aware. We are not going to get better until they fire both of our BB coaches too. Wasting talent there, also.
Wincaps

Post by Wincaps »

dbackjon wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
I'd like to say Montana, but I really can't. On the field, sure there is hatred, but their fanbase and their team represent the school, the conference and FCS really well. . :D

Except about half of the posts on eGriz...There are a number of posters there that make the worst NDSU poster look reasonable and nice...
The same goes for georgia southerns forums. This doesn't apply to all their fans on their forums of course but a lot of what's said on their is pointless ignorance, hatred, and arrogance. Maybe that's the purpose of sports forums...
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

Headline:

TXST invited to WAC while SHSU told to not even think about going anywhere!

(waiting for my stalker to respond)
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

There are no FCS teams that I hate. I even like Nova (except when they play the Hens).

I used to hate Marshall, but they dropped football. ;)
Wincaps

Post by Wincaps »

youngterrier wrote:App fans are pretty cool overall, minus very few ....one in particular, but I think it's just his personality :?

I can't say I have any complaints against Woffords fan base. I can appreciate some classy football.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Just because some drunk mouth breather passive aggressively bumped into you while leaving a stadium or some anonymous poster gets your feathers all in a bunch on a message board doesn't give you a reason to hate. Every school has dumb shit fans and every university has hot women. There's too much hate in the world. Love thine enemy. :nod:
youngterrier
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: the option
A.K.A.: Boss the Terrier

Post by youngterrier »

oh yeah....I hate Clemson. they're not FCS but it still applies
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Georgia State ;)
jd of de
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Delaware & Illinois

Post by jd of de »

Hold hate for no one and the only fans that annoy me when they visit UD are JMU's. Traveling CAA fans in general are class acts.
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 1946 · 1963 · 1971 · 1972 · 1979 · 2003
RUNNERS-UP · 1974 · 1978 · 1982 · 2007 · 2010
5 time Division 1-A National Champions & 5 - Final Fours
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

From what I've see, JD, travelling BSC fans are about the same. While I don't get to many games due to finances, the few that I have seen have brought good opposing fans, especially Griz fans. They're gracious during tailgating and they know when to cheer and when not to. And they didn't do disgusting stuff, either.

I can't say the same about SoCal Big West hoops fans, though. :thumbdown:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

jd of de wrote:Hold hate for no one
I could take a crack at it, if you like. I can be a real bitch and totally annoying.
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

SuperHornet wrote:From what I've see, JD, travelling BSC fans are about the same. While I don't get to many games due to finances, the few that I have seen have brought good opposing fans, especially Griz fans. They're gracious during tailgating and they know when to cheer and when not to. And they didn't do disgusting stuff, either.

I can't say the same about SoCal Big West hoops fans, though. :thumbdown:
Come to TXST for a baseball series. You can use one of my season tickets. :thumb: