Football Championship Subdivision discussions
DBlue
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: FCS
A.K.A.: Dblue

NO GAME 'TIL JAN 7TH, I HATE BOWLS

Post by DBlue »

While we have to wait 2 weeks until the championship game, my buddy is running out of games to broadcast online.
He's resorting to streaming all the bowl games up to and including the BCS fraud championship on Fox. Hockey, NFL and Sweet Jesus, maybe even the NBA. Good God, give me a break. So if you have any requests, pm me or post 'em here.

http://fcsfootball.yolasite.com
kemajic
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: Kemajic

Re: NO GAME 'TIL JAN 7TH, I HATE BOWLS

Post by kemajic »

DBlue wrote:While we have to wait 2 weeks until the championship game, my buddy is running out of games to broadcast online.
He's resorting to streaming all the bowl games up to and including the BCS fraud championship on Fox. Hockey, NFL and Sweet Jesus, maybe even the NBA. Good God, give me a break. So if you have any requests, pm me or post 'em here.

Sounds like a personal problem. There are plenty of good college football games to watch between now and Jan. 7.
"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney
bjtheflamesfan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by bjtheflamesfan »

its on ESPN this year just for the record
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kemajic wrote:
DBlue wrote:While we have to wait 2 weeks until the championship game, my buddy is running out of games to broadcast online.

Sounds like a personal problem. There are plenty of good college football games to watch between now and Jan. 7.
A large majority of said games involve an opponent who is either 6-6 or 7-5. Hopefully some of those teams can generate a game worth watching.
DBlue
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: FCS
A.K.A.: Dblue

Post by DBlue »

bjtheflamesfan wrote:its on ESPN this year just for the record

I'm sorry, you are correct. :thumb:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

They are ruining college football.......after Jan. 1st, my attention turns to the NFL.
Go Black Bears!
kemajic
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: Kemajic

Post by kemajic »

Anyone that doesn't want to watch TCU squaring off against Wisconsin, S. Carolina vs. FSU, Bama vs. MSU, Stanford vs. VT and Oregon vs. Auburn is more concerned about their agenda than they are about watching a good football game.
"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

kemajic wrote:Anyone that doesn't want to watch TCU squaring off against Wisconsin, S. Carolina vs. FSU, Bama vs. MSU, Stanford vs. VT and Oregon vs. Auburn is more concerned about their agenda than they are about watching a good football game.
I won't argue with your sentiment, but wouldn't these games be that much better if they actually meant something?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Grizalltheway wrote:
kemajic wrote:Anyone that doesn't want to watch TCU squaring off against Wisconsin, S. Carolina vs. FSU, Bama vs. MSU, Stanford vs. VT and Oregon vs. Auburn is more concerned about their agenda than they are about watching a good football game.
I won't argue with your sentiment, but wouldn't these games be that much better if they actually meant something?
Agreed.

S. Carolina vs FSU, Stanford vs VT? Nothing exciting about them, other than Andrew Luck.

TCU-Wisconsin/Oregon-Auburn will be good.
:thumb:
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

Not a fan of bowl games, or FBS teams, but I am looking forward to the Oregon-Auburn matchup!

I hope the Ducks thump Auburn!!! :nod:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I don't like the Bowl system but I love football - especially college football. These match ups, even those that include 6 or 7 win teams from low conferences against each other, are awesome if you are a football fan. Maybe not from a talent standpoint, or a "wow factor" standpoint but I love it.

Hell, I'm watching the Little Ceasar's bowl right now.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

clenz wrote:I don't like the Bowl system but I love football - especially college football. These match ups, even those that include 6 or 7 win teams from low conferences against each other, are awesome if you are a football fan. Maybe not from a talent standpoint, or a "wow factor" standpoint but I love it.

I agree, I am a fan of football and these are football games, but let’s not kid ourselves here, these games are nothing more than just a game to watch. They hold little or no meaning or value with the exception of Auburn-Oregon. As kem pointed out, there are a handful of the 30 some odd bowl games that may be worth watching.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SDHornet wrote:
clenz wrote:I don't like the Bowl system but I love football - especially college football. These match ups, even those that include 6 or 7 win teams from low conferences against each other, are awesome if you are a football fan. Maybe not from a talent standpoint, or a "wow factor" standpoint but I love it.

I agree, I am a fan of football and these are football games, but let’s not kid ourselves here, these games are nothing more than just a game to watch. They hold little or no meaning or value with the exception of Auburn-Oregon. As kem pointed out, there are a handful of the 30 some odd bowl games that may be worth watching.
I never said this game meant anything of real value. The players of the teams found some value in it, and the other bowl games they will as well. They are fun to watch, and as a football fan it gives me a chance to watch teams I might not get to see for much of the season.

I'll take a playoff any day of the week for determining a title, but I still like bowl games as something extra.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

clenz wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I agree, I am a fan of football and these are football games, but let’s not kid ourselves here, these games are nothing more than just a game to watch. They hold little or no meaning or value with the exception of Auburn-Oregon. As kem pointed out, there are a handful of the 30 some odd bowl games that may be worth watching.
I never said this game meant anything of real value. The players of the teams found some value in it, and the other bowl games they will as well. They are fun to watch, and as a football fan it gives me a chance to watch teams I might not get to see for much of the season.

I'll take a playoff any day of the week for determining a title, but I still like bowl games as something extra.
The Little Ceasar's Bowl actually ended up being pretty entertaining, in spite of the fact that it was the MAC vs the Sun Belch.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Grizalltheway wrote:
clenz wrote: I never said this game meant anything of real value. The players of the teams found some value in it, and the other bowl games they will as well. They are fun to watch, and as a football fan it gives me a chance to watch teams I might not get to see for much of the season.

The Little Ceasar's Bowl actually ended up being pretty entertaining, in spite of the fact that it was the MAC vs the Sun Belch.
Yep.

Did the game mean anything to anyone outside of the two schools? Nope.
Do the FCS playoffs matter to anyone outside of the FCS? Nope.
Are both entertaining to watch as a fan of football? You bet
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Grizalltheway wrote:
They do. You'll understand it when the Griz make the leap to the fucking Sun Belt and play in the Kotex Tampon Bowl every 9 years. You dipshits will be going nuts (and be forgotten by all of america except for the hippies and drunks in Missoula). :nod:
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

clenz wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
Yep.

Did the game mean anything to anyone outside of the two schools? Nope.
Do the FCS playoffs matter to anyone outside of the FCS? Nope.
Are both entertaining to watch as a fan of football? You bet
Agree, but #1 is not accurate. Many (millions) people bet on college games. :nod: I do. :coffee:
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Wedgebuster wrote:Image
Hmmm, she went a little crazy there. Don't get me wrong...I still want to play with them.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
Hmmm, she went a little crazy there. Don't get me wrong...I still want to play with them.
Fine, but I suggest stearing clear of a moter boat. There might not be a tether line strong enough to pull you out of that situation.

(calling Ahab)
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

kalm wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: Hmmm, she went a little crazy there. Don't get me wrong...I still want to play with them.
Fine, but I suggest stearing clear of a moter boat. There might not be a tether line strong enough to pull you out of that situation.

(calling Ahab)
You must have heard the kind of fight I put up then. I don't care what you use you ain't getting me off of em'.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote:

(calling Ahab)
You must have heard the kind of fight I put up then. I don't care what you use you ain't getting me off of em'.
I'm not questioning your tenacity, but a man has to come up for air occassionally.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

kalm wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: You must have heard the kind of fight I put up then. I don't care what you use you ain't getting me off of em'.
I'm not questioning your tenacity, but a man has to come up for air occassionally.
sez who?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote:
sez who?
Well sure. From the side of the boat, those swells look docile enough, almost inviting. So you dive in expecting smooth swimming like the 'ol swimmin' hole down the road.

But there's danger in them thar waters I tell ya. :mrgreen:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

:lol: at the creeper in the background with the yellow shirt/white pants trying to snap a photo of those warlocks.