All Things Keeler

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

All Things Keeler

Post by 93henfan »

1. There are indications that KC Keeler has won Coach of the Year, per a reliable insider on GoHens. I guess they can't do official announcements yet but they've made arrangements for him to be at halftime of the Auburn/Oregon game.

2. Talk, rumors, innuendo, etc. are heating up regarding Keeler to UConn. Hope it doesn't happen, but wish him well if it does. The News Journal's main UD beat writer mentioned in his blog that he asked KC about it today and KC walked away. Take from that what you will. Hopefully he's just focused on the game.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
HenZoneNation
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: The Dude

Re: All Things Keeler

Post by HenZoneNation »

93henfan wrote:1. There are indications that KC Keeler has won Coach of the Year, per a reliable insider on GoHens. I guess they can't do official announcements yet but they've made arrangements for him to be at halftime of the Auburn/Oregon game.

2. Talk, rumors, innuendo, etc. are heating up regarding Keeler to UConn. Hope it doesn't happen, but wish him well if it does. The News Journal's main UD beat writer mentioned in his blog that he asked KC about it today and KC walked away. Take from that what you will. Hopefully he's just focused on the game.

KT has done a great job this year...but why on God's Green Earth is he asking KC this two days before the NC. What info does he expect...There is plenty of time after the NC...It just stirs up trouble... :wall:
The Dude Abides

Blue Hens Football
671-435-46
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Hmmm. I remember Keeler having to deflect a lot of questions about jobs before the championship game against App. Hope he keeps focused.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UD1Hens
Level1
Level1

Post by UD1Hens »

As I posted on gohens.net:

I look at it this way; KC has it great at Delaware. They are thee attraction at the school athletic wise, he will be able to stay close to 'home' and won't have to be away from his kids at UD. If he wins this Friday he would have leverage to up his pay, especially if FBS teams are calling. He could also be the coach at UD for as long as he'd like, the University stood by him through the program's darkest days and his seat wasn't that warm (except on the message boards). There's no doubt he would make close to a million bucks per year at UCONN. The team is coming off a BCS game appearance and I don't think that they would accept steps back now that they've won the Big East. This would be a nice opportunity but as we've seen with other coaches at higher profile schools, you could be out of a job in 3 years if things don't go as planned. So would KC like to be the big fish in a 'small' pond with a secure job for the next 20 years making darn good money or take a shot at making it big at the next level (whether at UCONN or using it as another springboard)?
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Who cares if he leaves? Delaware would simply need to find another shykster willing to troll FBS lockerrooms for malcontents and QB's.

Deleware's strength is in its FBS transfers, not its coaching staff. :tothehand:
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

D1B wrote:Who cares if he leaves? Delaware would simply need to find another shykster willing to troll FBS lockerrooms for malcontents and QB's.

Deleware's strength is in its FBS transfers, not its coaching staff. :tothehand:
Note to self. Add to my gameday insults I have already prepared.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
jd of de
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Delaware & Illinois

Post by jd of de »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Hmmm. I remember Keeler having to deflect a lot of questions about jobs before the championship game against App. Hope he keeps focused.
Hope he keeps focused too; but as I remember that game our distractions was your speed.
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 1946 · 1963 · 1971 · 1972 · 1979 · 2003
RUNNERS-UP · 1974 · 1978 · 1982 · 2007 · 2010
5 time Division 1-A National Champions & 5 - Final Fours
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

D1B wrote:Who cares if he leaves? Delaware would simply need to find another shykster willing to troll FBS lockerrooms for malcontents and QB's.

Yup, the secret to UD's success this year has been entirely attributable to the 2 FBS transfers they have on the two deep lineup. Nevermind the fact that UD's defense, you know, the top ranked defense in FCS in terms of scoring defense, has zero FBS transfers on its 2 deep. That is irrelevant. UD's entire success this year is due to the 2 FBS transfers you'll see on the field on Friday. Pay no attention to the other 98% of the team. That is all.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote:

Delaware's strength is in its FBS transfers, not its coaching staff. :tothehand:
Yup, the secret to UD's success this year has been entirely attributable to the 2 FBS transfers.
You said it Mi Amigo, not me!!!
youngterrier
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: the option
A.K.A.: Boss the Terrier

Post by youngterrier »

GannonFan wrote:

Yup, the secret to UD's success this year has been entirely attributable to the 2 FBS transfers they have on the two deep lineup. Nevermind the fact that UD's defense, you know, the top ranked defense in FCS in terms of scoring defense, has zero FBS transfers on its 2 deep. That is irrelevant. UD's entire success this year is due to the 2 FBS transfers you'll see on the field on Friday. Pay no attention to the other 98% of the team. That is all.
but but but Devlin is God. You of all people told me so :rip:
DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Post by DJH »

GannonFan wrote:

You're star player and QB is an FBS tranfer, no?

QB is the single most important position on any football team, and UD's best two teams in the last several years have been led by FBS QB's. Do you think UD would have made it to the title game 4 years ago without Flacco? Do you think you would be there this year without Devlin?
UNI FIGHT
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

youngterrier wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
but but but Devlin is God. You of all people told me so :rip:
No, of course Devlin is God. But it's of the Greek variety - he's got a lot of company up there on Mt Olympus with all the other Gods that Delaware is putting on the field on Friday. Delaware's team is like a pantheon of football gods. You're very lucky to have the gift of watching them all play on Friday night.
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

GannonFan wrote:
youngterrier wrote: but but but Devlin is God. You of all people told me so :rip:
No, of course Devlin is God. But it's of the Greek variety - he's got a lot of company up there on Mt Olympus with all the other Gods that Delaware is putting on the field on Friday. Delaware's team is like a pantheon of football gods. You're very lucky to have the gift of watching them all play on Friday night.
thank you for opening my eyes.
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

DJH wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

QB is the single most important position on any football team, and UD's best three teams in the last several years have been led by FBS QB's. Do you think UD would have made it to the title game 4 years ago without Flacco? Do you think you would be there this year without Devlin?
FIFA
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

DJH wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

QB is the single most important position on any football team, and UD's best two teams in the last several years have been led by FBS QB's. Do you think UD would have made it to the title game 4 years ago without Flacco? Do you think you would be there this year without Devlin?
That's not what he said - he said UD's strength is its FBS transfers. Clearly, this year, that's not entirely the case. Of course the '07 team wouldn't have made it to the title game without Flacco - UD didn't have a great D that year and while Cuff was really good, the rest of the offense was just so so other than him and Flacco. Heck, that UNI game was pretty much a tour de force by Flacco. But this year, I'd actually have to say that UD could've won the title without Devlin - it would've been infinitely harder, no doubt, but certainly possible. Devlin doesn't play defense and again, Delaware's D, which has no FBS transfers on it, is the top rated scoring defense in FCS. And UD's offensive line and running game have been dominant in the playoffs. It's a lot easier with Devlin at the helm, but his backup did go 2-0 this year, including a win in Harrisonburg.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

youngterrier wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
thank you for opening my eyes.
Frankly, it's getting to be tiresome opening your eyes. I mean, after telling you why UD would stop the triple option and easily handle GSU's defense, to your many protestations, you would've thought your eyes would've been opened already. Oh well, some people are slow learners, no shame in that.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote:
youngterrier wrote: thank you for opening my eyes.
Frankly, it's getting to be tiresome opening your eyes. I mean, after telling you why UD would stop the triple option and easily handle GSU's defense, to your many protestations, you would've thought your eyes would've been opened already. Oh well, some people are slow learners, no shame in that.
Exactly, you already said it was because of your two FBS transfers, per my quote.

By the way, don't give me anymore ammo for the game on Friday. It is still a dry practice.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Exactly, you already said it was because of your two FBS transfers, per my quote.

By the way, don't give me anymore ammo for the game on Friday. It is still a dry practice.
Yup, we're thinking about only suiting those two guys up for the game on Friday night. Clearly the other 42 guys on the two deep are irrelevant. :rofl:
DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Post by DJH »

If you are going to continue to rely on FBS QB for your team to be successful, you are simply going to have to live with that label. As I said, QB is the single most important position on a football team, and the simple fact is that UD hasn't been able to make a playoff run without a non FBS QB for quite some time.
UNI FIGHT
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

DJH wrote:If you are going to continue to rely on FBS QB for your team to be successful, you are simply going to have to live with that label. As I said, QB is the single most important position on a football team, and the simple fact is that UD hasn't been able to make a playoff run without a non FBS QB for quite some time.
Oh, I can live with the label just fine. I mean, 3 trips to the title game since '03 - only two other teams in FCS can make that claim. I think we're living just fine. And again, I know we have 42 non-FBS transfers on the 44 man two deep - doesn't matter to me if others can't seem to process that. Won't impact my celebration come Friday night.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Yup, we're thinking about only suiting those two guys up for the game on Friday night. Clearly the other 42 guys on the two deep are irrelevant. :rofl:
Two is one more than most other CAA fans have predicted will be needed.

Note to self. Add to naked gameday banter.
Chemhen
Level1
Level1

Post by Chemhen »

DJH wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

So Is EWU's QB. So is GSU's. I'd be interested if any EWU fans would care to speculate on whether they would be there without BLM. Everyone takes transfers. Delaware just takes better ones. Mea maxima culpa.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Here's Deleware's next star QB:

:ohno:
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Goodness knows I don't like Delaware. But I'm NOT going to pin their ENTIRE freaking success for the last ten years (or however long they've been successful) on TWO drop-down transfers. One man (or two men) does not a team make. Case in point: as good as he was, the 'Ain'ts never went to the Super Bowl with Archie Manning, the only truly decent player they had. Delaware has a WHOLE lot more going for them than two bloody transfers, and it begins with a coaching staff with a good philosophy that the team they intelligently recruited buys into.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

So if Keeler/transfer QBs could make Northern Iowa a winner, would you take them?

I'm guessing they'd be able to beat Lehigh, that's for sure...
Proletarians of the world, unite!