Oct. 1 Wesley College (Homecoming)
Oct. 8 OPEN
Oct. 15 @ VMI *
Oct. 22 Liberty *
Oct. 29 @ Gardner-Webb *
Nov. 5 Stony Brook *
Nov. 12 Coastal Carolina *
Nov. 19 @ Presbyterian Coll. *

Wesley College is an interesting addition. Went to the semi final of the DIII playoffs after going 12-0 losing to Wisconsin Whitewater 27-17 the eventual national champion.

2-0 against Jacksonville over the years

First time for Norfolk State to show up on the non conference schedule.

You want my guns? Come take them.
BJuice
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern Univ.

Re: Chuck South schedule released

Post by BJuice »

I think this is definitely an upgrade. There is only one non-FCS (lower level) opponent on the schedule. Maybe people will finally leave us alone about our schedule. This is an odd-numbered year, so we get Coastal and Liberty at home. That is a good thing.
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

Might as well just stay in Florida for 3 weeks.

And nothing against ChuckSouth but I'd put $100 on Jacksonville in week 3.
g-webb1994
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Gardner-Webb

Post by g-webb1994 »

I believe you are our Homecoming opponent FWIW.
DKHardee
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: CCU

Post by DKHardee »

Don't you guys usually finish the season against us? I wonder who we will finish the season against this year?
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern
A.K.A.: MJCOCK, MJ, STUMP

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

I noticed that right off the bat. Not sure why that shifted around.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CSUBUCDAD wrote:Sept. 3 @ UCF
Sept. 10 @ Florida State
Oct. 1 Wesley College (Homecoming)
Two I-A's and a DIII... :coffee:
kdinva
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: VMI
A.K.A.: kd

Post by kdinva »

DKHardee wrote:Don't you guys usually finish the season against us? I wonder who we will finish the season against this year?
Well, Nov. 19th: G-Webb @ VMI.......LU at Stony Brook..........CSU @ Presby........looks like a non-Conf. game for the Chants........or y'all play 11 games w/no open weekend, and end on 11/12.
1-AA is tops!!
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

wats up with Charleston Southerns stadium bro
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Why the hell are you guys playing a D-III school from Dover DE when you could have just played DelState and gotten credit for a D-I win?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

93henfan wrote:Why the hell are you guys playing a D-III school from Dover DE when you could have just played DelState and gotten credit for a D-I win?
^THIS :shock:

EDIT: then again, they were probably able to schedule them for $200 and some roundtrip bus tickets. :lol:
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

They were having a difficult time getting that last date filled and I guess with Wesley doing so well last year they had the date open and offered to play us here.

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

Can someone please explain to me the gameday situation at CSU? When are u guys gonna pull togetther and get some bleachers bro. Call EWU and come get this shxt please!
DKHardee
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: CCU

Post by DKHardee »

kdinva wrote:
DKHardee wrote:Don't you guys usually finish the season against us? I wonder who we will finish the season against this year?
Well, Nov. 19th: G-Webb @ VMI.......LU at Stony Brook..........CSU @ Presby........looks like a non-Conf. game for the Chants........or y'all play 11 games w/no open weekend, and end on 11/12.
I think your right. I got this from Randy at CoastalFans.com but it's unofficial.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdinva
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: VMI
A.K.A.: kd

Post by kdinva »

BlackFalkin wrote:Can someone please explain to me the gameday situation at CSU? When are u guys gonna pull togetther and get some bleachers bro......
Well, they've been playing two 1-A money games for the last 4-5 seasons, and will do so again in 2012 & 2013, I bet, to get funds for expansion & updating.

"BUCDAD": any word on a timetable for ground breaking? Maybe in 2012?
1-AA is tops!!
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

BlackFalkin wrote:Can someone please explain to me the gameday situation at CSU? When are u guys gonna pull togetther and get some bleachers bro. Call EWU and come get this shxt please!
We have bleachers dude. Not that big but holds around 4000 or so. Plans to expand once we start selling out on a regular basis. Gotta remember, this is a young program. They did not decide to start investing in it until they hired Mills back in 2004. Tie that with the outright theft of 10 million bucks by the idiot they had invested with and has delayed alot of improvements including a new field house by a couple of years. That is why you see two payday games on our schedule for the last 3 years. Gotta recoup that lost money.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I noticed that as well. CCU and CSU have played thier last, regular season game against each other. However, I enjoy CCU coming down to Charleston.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

CSUBUCDAD wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:Can someone please explain to me the gameday situation at CSU? When are u guys gonna pull togetther and get some bleachers bro. Call EWU and come get this shxt please!
We have bleachers dude. Not that big but holds around 4000 or so. Plans to expand once we start selling out on a regular basis. Gotta remember, this is a young program. They did not decide to start investing in it until they hired Mills back in 2004. Tie that with the outright theft of 10 million bucks by the idiot they had invested with and has delayed alot of improvements including a new field house by a couple of years. That is why you see two payday games on our schedule for the last 3 years. Gotta recoup that lost money.
Look, I know its a sensitive subject but you have to know that:
Stadium expansion=more seats=better stadium=more fans=increased team pride=better team performance.

Get on it, lots of school (ESPECIALLY IN FCS) have this issue! :nod:
Sly Fox
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by Sly Fox »

Falkin - I realize you guys are heady coming off that national championship. But you guys don't even play in a stadium that would be considered anything more than an average HS stadium here in Texas. Every market has its own characteristics. Charleston is a crowded marketplace with an FCS team across town in a more highly regarded conference with a larger fanbase and tradition. CSU is doing the best they can under the circumstances. I'm not sure a national championship season would be enough to fundamentally change things at CSU.

The fact they have managed to stay as a counter in the midst of the crisis that followed the ponzi scheme is impressive enough for me as a conference rival. Coach Mills gets more out little than probably any other coach int he country. I feel bad for their predicament and I am glad to see they are keeping their head above water desite their economic challenges.
g-webb1994
Level1
Level1

Post by g-webb1994 »

At least CSU plays on grass and doesn't whore itself out with red turf to try and gain a stronger home field advantage by blinding and/or psychologically screwing with their opponents. CSU is playing more than four home games this fall as well, unlike someone else we know.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

What is "shxt?"

You are one dumb motherfucker.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BlackFalkin wrote:
CSUBUCDAD wrote: We have bleachers dude. Not that big but holds around 4000 or so. Plans to expand once we start selling out on a regular basis. Gotta remember, this is a young program. They did not decide to start investing in it until they hired Mills back in 2004. Tie that with the outright theft of 10 million bucks by the idiot they had invested with and has delayed alot of improvements including a new field house by a couple of years. That is why you see two payday games on our schedule for the last 3 years. Gotta recoup that lost money.
Stadium expansion=more seats=better stadium=more fans=increased team pride=better team performance.

Very true, however the school was robbed of millions of dollars (which, frankly, is their own fault). Who gives money to a guy without checking to see if he's legit?
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

Ibanez wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:

Very true, however the school was robbed of millions of dollars (which, frankly, is their own fault). Who gives money to a guy without checking to see if he's legit?
Yea, yea, stop crying about it. This school & its fans act like pxssies. Thats why the get fxcked.

lets be honest, they could easily throw some 20k bleachers up there & call it a day. TEMPORARILY.

1.Stop crying
2.Stop claiming that stadium seats 4,000
3.increase student fees 20-40$/semester.
4.add at least 5k in temp bleachers and call it a TEMP day.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

BlackFalkin wrote:
No offense to CSU, but i've seen football fields in rural Russia that look better than that.
EagleDawg
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: EagleDawg

Post by EagleDawg »

To be absolutely fair to a fellow Big South member (CSU) I haven't yet heard any Buc supporter claim that they have anything short of the worst facility for football in the Big South. To be fair, the school's mission is not just football but education and to support to whatever degree they can muster all their sports programs. To be fair, instead of criticizing, throw em a spare dollar and if you don't have a spare dollar what is legit about criticism that they don't apparently have spare dollars. Finally, while I don't have first hand details, the apparent plan is to raise funds by playing two money games each season for the forseeable future and past several past seasons to raise funds for stadium improvements. For those criticizing, how many times has your favorite school played the likes of Hawaii, Kentucky (2010), Florida, South Florida (2009), Miami, Fla, Miami, OH (2008), Hawaii (2007) and throw in playing a Wofford 2 or 3 times over the past 4 seasons and it's clear they aren't afraid to mix it up with the Big Boys and have a sound plan for use of the revenue those games generate. Criticism yes, fair criticism I don't think so. Rome wasn't built in a day. If only our local, state and federal governments would manage the financial resources as well as CSU manages their's, we all might be more than a bit better off. :clap: :clap: :clap: