JMU and East Coast Fans=Classles

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: JMU and East Coast Fans=Classles

Post by Ibanez »

Dude, you sound like a sore loser. Calling East Coast fans classless is just a rash generalization based on personal expierence and is not an accurate representation of the area. As for any east coast bias, get off it, enjoy the offseason and realize that this is just football, there are more serious things to bitch about.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

godukes wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Were you watching the same game I was? I have it on tape, if you'd like me to send you a copy. All three fumbles were becuase of hits or strips. It's not like they just dropped the friggin' ball. Dropped or overthrown balls usually have something to do with a QB forced to scramble or feeling the pressure, or a receiver hearing footsteps. You get hit once by Colt Anderson and you hear footsteps the rest of the night. I count numerous "IF's" in your statement. IF we didn't have a playoff system, JMU and ASU would have played for the title. As it stands, NEITHER was good enough ON THE FIELD to make it to the title game. Sucks for you, huh? Here's the facts, dukes: If JMU had 0 turnovers, with the yards and TOP that they had, they win that game. An int and a fumble in the red zone, a goal line stand in the red zone, and a drive stalled and forced to kick a field goal in the red zone. THATS where the game was lost. Your guys didn't come to play. Montana did. End of story. Start gettin' ready for next year, dude. The ifs and buts are starting to get real old. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Actually no one was around McGee when he muffed the kick return. That was his fault no one elses. It's part of the game, that's why they have kickoffs and not starting the drive at the 20 or wherever. The guy said they would have stopped Landers on the goalline stop if he was in; I believe they wouldn't have because Landers is a lot bigger than Dudzik. Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill. I am glad they have a playoff system; that's the way it should be. The INT I don't think would have happened if Landers was in there because his TD to INT ratio (he has one of the best if not the best ratio in I-AA). I do agree Montana executed and JMU didn't. The other guy on here believes different. You can also look at JMU's D which gave up a lot of points, but then again you got to look at what they were put in due to their special teams and offense. 298 yds allowed is not bad at all. Just bad situation.
So which was it, lack of talent or a choke job? You can't be the NC if you're going to go around choking when things get tough. Better luck next time.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

travelinman67 wrote:
godukes wrote: Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill.
Care to list those other schools with better defenses that Montana's?
You know, powerhouses like VMI, Georgtown, Hofstra, Towson.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
travelinman67 wrote: Care to list those other schools with better defenses that Montana's?
You know, powerhouses like VMI, Georgtown, Hofstra, Towson.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
They didn't have to play Maine. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

godukes wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Were you watching the same game I was? I have it on tape, if you'd like me to send you a copy. All three fumbles were becuase of hits or strips. It's not like they just dropped the friggin' ball. Dropped or overthrown balls usually have something to do with a QB forced to scramble or feeling the pressure, or a receiver hearing footsteps. You get hit once by Colt Anderson and you hear footsteps the rest of the night. I count numerous "IF's" in your statement. IF we didn't have a playoff system, JMU and ASU would have played for the title. As it stands, NEITHER was good enough ON THE FIELD to make it to the title game. Sucks for you, huh? Here's the facts, dukes: If JMU had 0 turnovers, with the yards and TOP that they had, they win that game. An int and a fumble in the red zone, a goal line stand in the red zone, and a drive stalled and forced to kick a field goal in the red zone. THATS where the game was lost. Your guys didn't come to play. Montana did. End of story. Start gettin' ready for next year, dude. The ifs and buts are starting to get real old. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Actually no one was around McGee when he muffed the kick return. That was his fault no one elses. It's part of the game, that's why they have kickoffs and not starting the drive at the 20 or wherever. The guy said they would have stopped Landers on the goalline stop if he was in; I believe they wouldn't have because Landers is a lot bigger than Dudzik. Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill. I am glad they have a playoff system; that's the way it should be. The INT I don't think would have happened if Landers was in there because his TD to INT ratio (he has one of the best if not the best ratio in I-AA). I do agree Montana executed and JMU didn't. The other guy on here believes different. You can also look at JMU's D which gave up a lot of points, but then again you got to look at what they were put in due to their special teams and offense. 298 yds allowed is not bad at all. Just bad situation.
Let it go man. The better team won last Friday night. Same as what happened in Boone a week earlier.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: You know, powerhouses like VMI, Georgtown, Hofstra, Towson.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, I stand corrected. I take it ALL back godukes.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
godukes
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison Dukes

Post by godukes »

AZGrizFan wrote:
travelinman67 wrote: Care to list those other schools with better defenses that Montana's?
JMU didn't play VMI and Georgetown. You are probably talking about Richmond's schedule. Hofstra and Towson would have beaten more teams in Montana's conference than in the CAA. I think there are 1 or 2 teams in Montana's conference who have only won 1 game.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

travelinman67 wrote:
godukes wrote: Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill.
Care to list those other schools with better defenses that Montana's?
Richmond and Villanova(played 2 times) is all I know. Honestly I don't follow FCS enough to know who is ranked where. Montana gave up over 400yds to JMU with the backup QB in and the most dropped balls all season except maybe the Duke game(didn't watch that one). 400+yds is horrible. Only thing that I was impressed about Montana is there offense especially the WRs. Don't remember a dropped ball.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

godukes wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: You know, powerhouses like VMI, Georgtown, Hofstra, Towson.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
JMU didn't play VMI and Georgetown. You are probably talking about Richmond's schedule. Hofstra and Towson would have beaten more teams in Montana's conference than in the CAA. I think there are 1 or 2 teams in Montana's conference who have only won 1 game.
Hofstra, URI, and Towson would have probably beaten Idaho State, lost to every other team in the Big Sky.
Delaware and Northeastern would have beaten ISU, maybe UNC.

Every other Big Sky team would have won 3 or more games in the CAA.
:thumb:
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
godukes wrote:
Since you keep pasting the same stupid shit over and over and over I will reply to every whiny bitch post you make from now on with this from another thread"

Some of their fans are getting f**k[*] sickening. Even godukes is droning on and on trying to make some sense of the loss for himself. When you expect to win and you lose on your home field you'd rather blame everything but the fact that you just got beat by a more physical team with more heart. As my old man says "wish in one hand and shit in the other and tell me which one fills up first". At some point they will have to reconcile reality with their feelings and emotional crying. It's too bad that you have a f**k[*] china doll quarterbacking your team but that's the facts Jack so buck up and take your f**k[*]' medicine like a man. They can hang on to their "But ifs" and I'll hang on to "what was" and I'll win that god damn poker game every time. [*]f**k EM, and let them cry in a corner by themselves and quit responding and publishing their horseshit or they are never gonna go away.
Like I said before, I am not making excuses; I am just telling you what happened and why they lost. I am not taking anything away from Montana. I think Landers would have made it gone into overtime and maybe not necessarily won the game. What I think was the cause of the loss are the turnovers. About the whole Landers thing, like I said before maybe he didn't come back in because it was serious or they thought they were going to win without him. JMU's o-line was opening up holes for Drew Dudzik.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

dbackjon wrote:
godukes wrote: JMU didn't play VMI and Georgetown. You are probably talking about Richmond's schedule. Hofstra and Towson would have beaten more teams in Montana's conference than in the CAA. I think there are 1 or 2 teams in Montana's conference who have only won 1 game.
Hofstra, URI, and Towson would have probably beaten Idaho State, lost to every other team in the Big Sky.
Delaware and Northeastern would have beaten ISU, maybe UNC.

Every other Big Sky team would have won 3 or more games in the CAA.
I disagree, but it's just a matter of opinion.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

MarkCCU wrote:Dude, you sound like a sore loser. Calling East Coast fans classless is just a rash generalization based on personal expierence and is not an accurate representation of the area. As for any east coast bias, get off it, enjoy the offseason and realize that this is just football, there are more serious things to bitch about.

I am not bitching. The loss didn't bother me too much. I have other things to worry about. I was just giving my prespective on why they lost when the other guy thought differently. That's why we got forums.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

houndawg wrote:
JMU and Richmond both played Maine. Maine was ranked #20 at the end of the season or something like that. They were like #6 or #7 in the conference.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

AshevilleApp wrote:
godukes wrote: Actually no one was around McGee when he muffed the kick return. That was his fault no one elses. It's part of the game, that's why they have kickoffs and not starting the drive at the 20 or wherever. The guy said they would have stopped Landers on the goalline stop if he was in; I believe they wouldn't have because Landers is a lot bigger than Dudzik. Landers has been going against bigger and better defenses. I know they didn't fear the Montana players, they have gone up against better defenses and prevailed the whole year. Dropped balls wasn't because of the fear of the players; I believe it was because of pressure of being on national television or just skill. I am glad they have a playoff system; that's the way it should be. The INT I don't think would have happened if Landers was in there because his TD to INT ratio (he has one of the best if not the best ratio in I-AA). I do agree Montana executed and JMU didn't. The other guy on here believes different. You can also look at JMU's D which gave up a lot of points, but then again you got to look at what they were put in due to their special teams and offense. 298 yds allowed is not bad at all. Just bad situation.
Let it go man. The better team won last Friday night. Same as what happened in Boone a week earlier.

Oh I agree the better team that night won. These guys keep on responding to different stuff. I got other stuff to worry about. Plus my Steelers are 11-3 so I got them to focus on if I really cared. I am trying to go to law school right now, so I don't back down easily from an argument.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Indeed - no real way to prove it.

Only CAA-Big Sky matchup so far was Montana-JMU
:thumb:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

dbackjon wrote:Indeed - no real way to prove it.

Thank you...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Col Hogan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Indeed - no real way to prove it.

Thank you...
So, if Montana beats JMU AND Richmond, just like they beat every team in the BSC, then what? :lol: :lol:
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote: Thank you...
So, if Montana beats JMU AND Richmond, just like they beat every team in the BSC, then what? :lol: :lol:
Haha.....I think we are talking about the conferences overall, not the top seed.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote: Thank you...
Haha.....I think we are talking about the conferences overall, not the top seed.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: So, if Montana beats JMU AND Richmond, just like they beat every team in the BSC, then what? :lol: :lol:
I'll take Montana/Weber over JMU/Richmond....after that, I'm not so sure. CAA has 4 good teams, 3 average teams, and 5 really crappy teams. Big Sky has 2 good teams, four average teams and 2 really crappy teams. And I wouldn't go bragging about Towson's three wins....they're Morgan State, Columbia and URI.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And how's this for a funny little tidbit: After Montana beats Richmond on Friday night, 10 of the 12 CAA teams will have ended the season with a loss.
putter
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by putter »

JMU made mistakes, including Landers in the game. Just a fact. To be fair, I honestly don't remember Montana fans putting down UMass this much when they came into Missoula and won. I do remember Montana fans ripping on a few players, coaches, and execution that caused the loss and gave props to UMass. I think most Montana fans expected the same reaction, which they did not get.
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

putter wrote:JMU made mistakes, including Landers in the game. Just a fact. To be fair, I honestly don't remember Montana fans putting down UMass this much when they came into Missoula and won. I do remember Montana fans ripping on a few players, coaches, and execution that caused the loss and gave props to UMass. I think most Montana fans expected the same reaction, which they did not get.
UMass completely owned Montana, and the Griz were lucky that game was a 2 point game. If I remember correctly, we actually had a defensive TD in that game to make the score look closer than it actually was. And the game essentially ended on a Swogger INT, correct?

Yeah, that was a case of a team NOT beating us by as much on the scoreboard as it looked on the field.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I give up. Even a supposedly non-partisan reporter (Bruce Dowd) has begun repeating the BS to try and figure out how big, bad JMU could have possibly lost to little ol' Montana....
The final thing that showed up in this nightmare for JMU, and this one is just my opinion, was the toll this season and the playoffs had on them. They had some brutal battles all year with regular games against Duke, App State, UMass, Richmond, and Villanova and the rest of the CAA. Then as the No. 1 Seed they drew Wofford and Nova in the first two rounds. James Madison just didn’t look like the same team that I have seen all year and I suspect they were a little worn down. Wofford and Villanova are not the same as Texas State and Weber State :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: . But before you Montana fans get all upset, that is just fact yet it does not diminished what Montana accomplished here. Because in the end, JMU still had the Griz at Harrisonburg and despite all those turnovers and the loss of Landers, James Madison was still moving the ball. Just look at the statistics; JMU had 12 more first downs, 121 more yards, five minute more in time of possession and oh yea, did I mention four more turnovers! Also, another interesting oddity that coach Matthews was quick to point out after the game. James Madison never punted in the entire game. When was the last time you saw a team never punt and still lose the game?
Shouldn't someone who has been covering this sport for as many years as this clown understand that the REASON JMU had more yards, more TOP, more first downs is because Montana operated on a SHORT FIELD ALL NIGHT!!! It was readily apparent that they COULD move the ball, and did, at will, but they never had to go very far so the drives were short and didn't take a lot of time.

You'd think this was fcuking rocket science. :lol: :roll:
Before the playoffs started, everyone was looking forward to a big showcase final between App State and JMU, but in retrospect, I am not sure we could have had a better matchup then this one. I know I will invoke the “Homer” tag again, but I have to pick Richmond here. I just think that their defense will neutralize the main asset of Montana, which is their offensive line, making Montana’s offense look more ordinary and allowing Eric Ward, Josh Vaughan and company enough time to put up just enough points to win a very close game.
I'd expect nothing less. He expects Richmond's defense to neutralize Montana's offensive line. Richmond's defensive line goes 265, 266, 287, 241, with linebackers @ 220, 214, & 210. Montana's offensive line goes 6'4", 302 (Quinn), 6'4", 295 (Russum), 6'8", 295 (Dyk), 6'5", 300 (Dow), 6'7", 305 (Horn) and 6'5", 295 (Carter). Then there's Hillstand @ 6'7", 323. Somebody explain to me how Richmond's defense is going to "neutralize" these guys? JMU couldn't. Richmond won't. There's a REASON Chase Reynolds has 8 straight 100 yard rushing games. :shock:
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
putter wrote:JMU made mistakes, including Landers in the game. Just a fact. To be fair, I honestly don't remember Montana fans putting down UMass this much when they came into Missoula and won. I do remember Montana fans ripping on a few players, coaches, and execution that caused the loss and gave props to UMass. I think most Montana fans expected the same reaction, which they did not get.
UMass completely owned Montana, and the Griz were lucky that game was a 2 point game. If I remember correctly, we actually had a defensive TD in that game to make the score look closer than it actually was. And the game essentially ended on a Swogger INT, correct?

Yeah, that was a case of a team NOT beating us by as much on the scoreboard as it looked on the field.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Agreed. I was betting on the Griz to take UM, but saw the game. UMass was VERY impressive. A lot of their lineman LOOKED like fatbodies, but on the field they flew and made the hits. UMass had their game together and beat the Griz fair and square.
As for the smack...I did my share of it...not realizing their relative strength. But all things said...the CAA guys this year have had their heads in their own "big fluffy clouds", and may have cursed themselves. I won't smack this year, but so far the Griz have risen to the occasion every time they've been challenged. Richmond's no knockover, but all things said, in retrospect, I never saw JMU or Richmond as #1, and recognize but for one play...we'd be looking at a UNI-Griz C-game. (...God, how I would have loved that!)
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy