Football Championship Subdivision discussions
weberwildcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: WEEber State
A.K.A.: WeberHoops.com

Southern Utah U Fan Board

Post by weberwildcat »

http://wildcats.bigskyfans.com/viewtopi ... 647#p22230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thewaterboy wrote:The T-Birdz can't become a rival until they get a fan board. Honestly I didn't think a school was allowed to join the Big SKy until they have a fan board. Maybe they got some kind of waiver on this for a few years. :lol: :lol:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Southern Utah U Fan Board

Post by Silenoz »

I thought I recalled Chris offering all of the new schools an invite into his bigskyfans umbrella. Not that anyone ever visits any of those boards. eGriz probably has double the traffic of the rest combined...
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Speaking of SUU fans, where did they go?

The Wildcat board is picking up, but there is no doubt that Egriz and Bobcatnation have the most fans.

WeberWildcat you stole my signiture......I was going to change to that when hoops started

Its funny, you can tell the difference between Weber football and Weber Hoops
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

Silenoz wrote:I thought I recalled Chris offering all of the new schools an invite into his bigskyfans umbrella. Not that anyone ever visits any of those boards. eGriz probably has double the traffic of the rest combined...
? There's quite a bit of traffic on the EWU, Sac, and Weber boards.....and the others ones have picked up quite a bit this season. :coffee:
weberwildcat
Level2
Level2

Post by weberwildcat »

egriz is 10 yrs old. weber i know started in 2008 cuz that is when Utah got internets. technically unc is the newest board out of them all but ewu was using another one until about a yr ago. i believe msu and psu have both been around a long time and not sure about isu but i think it has been around a long time.

before bigskyfans migrated to the phpbb boards we were on the old one for i think less than a year. a psu guy and one of the guys on the weber board contacted me saying we need to get a weber fan board going. i was like, what is a fan board? :lol:

members
um 10578
msu 2836
psu 2609
isu 916
wsu 553
unc 363
ewu 354
sac 343
nau 110
und 0
suu 0
Last edited by weberwildcat on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Well I don't want to get into a pissing match over it, especially since it means visiting eGriz to back up my statement, but here's the post date on the bottom of the 1st pages

UM - Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:52 am
EWU - Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm
ISU - Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:49 pm
CSUS - Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 am
WSU - Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:52 pm
UNC - Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:35 pm
PSU - July 7th, 2011, 10:37 pm
NAU - Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:28 am

And I didn't realize BCN was on BigSkyfans, I thought it was just Chris' sites
weberwildcat
Level2
Level2

Post by weberwildcat »

we need to just create one for suu and und. the rest will take care of itsself. look at ewu.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Wait, that was the thread creation dates

UM - Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 am
WSU - Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:11 pm
EWU - Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 am
ISU - Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:02 pm
CSUS - Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:03 pm
UNC - Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 am
PSU - July 19th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

This might not be the place, but I would wonder if Chris would try merging BigSky fans with this site, and creating a new category on the index. Might get those places more traffic...
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by MrTitleist »

Bobcat Nation isn't a part of Fanplay.. they're linked on the site, but they are still an independently owned site.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

MrTitleist wrote:Bobcat Nation isn't a part of Fanplay.. they're linked on the site, but they are still an independently owned site.
I know, I work with Randy
weberwildcat
Level2
Level2

Post by weberwildcat »

MrTitleist wrote:Bobcat Nation isn't a part of Fanplay.. they're linked on the site, but they are still an independently owned site.
they are cool guys
cats2506
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: MSU Bobcats

Post by cats2506 »

EWURanger wrote:
Silenoz wrote:I thought I recalled Chris offering all of the new schools an invite into his bigskyfans umbrella. Not that anyone ever visits any of those boards. eGriz probably has double the traffic of the rest combined...
? There's quite a bit of traffic on the EWU, Sac, and Weber boards.....and the others ones have picked up quite a bit this season. :coffee:
ISU board is pretty active too, UNC board was active until the season actually started, I regularly check all the BSC boards but have stopped checking NAU's, about twice a year and you can keep up with that one

UCD ans CP seem to have active boards, haven't checked on UND yet though
BelgradeBobcat
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by BelgradeBobcat »

North Dakota has a very well developed fansite with message boards for all their sports and then some. Obviously, their hockey board is most active: http://siouxsports.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weberwildcat
Level2
Level2

Post by weberwildcat »

BelgradeBobcat wrote:North Dakota has a very well developed fansite with message boards for all their sports and then some. Obviously, their hockey board is most active: http://siouxsports.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hey pretty cool unless those are facebook accounts, nah stil legit.

5,696 Total Members
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by MrTitleist »

weberwildcat wrote:
they are cool guys
Agreed! I've gotten to meet all three of them, cool dudes.
ImageImageImageImageImage
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Silenoz wrote:Wait, that was the thread creation dates

Huh? There's at least 50 threads created on our site since that date. What are you talking about?

http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

You also gotta remember Silenzo that there arent 1,000 move up threads on the other fan boards :lol:
Green Cookie Monster
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sacramento State

Post by Green Cookie Monster »

weberwildcat wrote:egriz is 10 yrs old. weber i know started in 2008 cuz that is when Utah got internets. technically unc is the newest board out of them all but ewu was using another one until about a yr ago. i believe msu and psu have both been around a long time and not sure about isu but i think it has been around a long time.

before bigskyfans migrated to the phpbb boards we were on the old one for i think less than a year. a psu guy and one of the guys on the weber board contacted me saying we need to get a weber fan board going. i was like, what is a fan board? :lol:

members
um 10578
msu 2836
psu 2609
isu 916
wsu 553
unc 363
ewu 354
sac 343
nau 110
und 0
suu 0
PSU has so many bc you had to register to even gain access to the board, ie. read it.
They have since changed it.

The Sac board is regularly purged of bogus shrill registrants with no posts to their credit.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:You also gotta remember Silenzo that there arent 1,000 move up threads on the other fan boards :lol:
Yeah we have had our fair share of them on Sac Buzz as well. We don’t have a whole lot of posters but from the thread hits, it seems like we have quite a bit of people lurking. Whether those lurkers are closet Hornet fans or other BSC fans remains an unknown.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

EWURanger wrote:
Silenoz wrote:Wait, that was the thread creation dates

Huh? There's at least 50 threads created on our site since that date. What are you talking about?

http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What are you talking about? That was my point, to give a relative idea of traffic, by using the last x number of threads updated (first page)

Why did I even bring this up
Wildcat Ryan wrote:You also gotta remember Silenzo that there arent 1,000 move up threads on the other fan boards :lol:
Hey, I hate egriz as much as most people, but it is what it is. Same crap is discussed/complained about ad naseum but it is discussed all the same.

Also I wish I could change my name to Silenzo :nod:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Silenoz wrote:
EWURanger wrote:

What are you talking about? That was my point, to give a relative idea of traffic, by using the last x number of threads updated (first page)

Why did I even bring this up
Hey, I hate egriz as much as most people, but it is what it is. Same crap is discussed/complained about ad naseum but it is discussed all the same.

Also I wish I could change my name to Silenzo :nod:

:doh: my bad :oops:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

weberwildcat wrote:egriz is 10 yrs old. weber i know started in 2008 cuz that is when Utah got internets. technically unc is the newest board out of them all but ewu was using another one until about a yr ago. i believe msu and psu have both been around a long time and not sure about isu but i think it has been around a long time.

members
um 10578
msu 2836
psu 2609
isu 916
wsu 553
unc 363
ewu 354
sac 343
nau 110
und 0
suu 0
Took a little while, but I finally got that fucker goin'. :nod:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Comparing Egriz to the other Big Sky boards is a little silly, isn't it? That site has been around forever and Montana has way more fans than any other Big Sky team......Apples and Oranges. It's like saying WA-Griz is bigger than Roos Field. No shit.

Either way, there's a TON more traffic on the various Big Sky boards than there was even just a year ago. That's a good thing. :thumb:
chris
Level3
Level3

Post by chris »

The new Southern Utah fan board has arrived!

Spread the word :)

http://www.bigskyfans.com/thunderbirds/