Football Championship Subdivision discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Lehigh WR goes racial on Twitter - gets SUSPENDED

Post by BDKJMU »

Prime example why coaches should ban players from having twitter accounts (what some coaches have done the last several years). There's no need to have one.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
harpur69
I am a fan of: Lehigh

Post by harpur69 »

Lehigh should have had their attorneys immediately stop this action when the decision to suspend Spadola first came down. The NCAA wants Lehigh out of the tournament because they are a non-scholarship team that might show up the scholarship teams. Lehigh is the top ranked team academically of all the teams playing in this tournament. Besides being the school with the highest tuition it is also the "whitest" of all the schools. No member of any of the remaining schools would have been accepted to Lehigh based on academics. This is a very sad day for the U.S.A....LET THEM PLAY!!!!!
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

harpur69 wrote:Lehigh should have had their attorneys immediately stop this action when the decision to suspend Spadola first came down. The NCAA wants Lehigh out of the tournament because they are a non-scholarship team that might show up the scholarship teams. Lehigh is the top ranked team academically of all the teams playing in this tournament. Besides being the school with the highest tuition it is also the "whitest" of all the schools. No member of any of the remaining schools would have been accepted to Lehigh based on academics. This is a very sad day for the U.S.A....LET THEM PLAY!!!!!
:?

Penalize Lehigh because they're too white?

:roll:

JaBBer, is that you?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
cougarpines1
I am a fan of: University of Delaware

Post by cougarpines1 »

harpur69 wrote:Lehigh should have had their attorneys immediately stop this action when the decision to suspend Spadola first came down. The NCAA wants Lehigh out of the tournament because they are a non-scholarship team that might show up the scholarship teams. Lehigh is the top ranked team academically of all the teams playing in this tournament. Besides being the school with the highest tuition it is also the "whitest" of all the schools. No member of any of the remaining schools would have been accepted to Lehigh based on academics. This is a very sad day for the U.S.A....LET THEM PLAY!!!!!

Head meet butt
The Kicker
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Football
A.K.A.: K

Post by The Kicker »

Dave Chappelle When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong comes to mind when reading this :rofl:
Lehigh1985
I am a fan of: Lehigh

Post by Lehigh1985 »

Yes, and as the top school academically and from an alumnus, I'd hoped Spandola would have known better. Just extremely poor judgement.

That said, I still think the punishment was not only unfair but possibly racially targeted by the NCAA in the form of PC pressure and public perception. Bottom line is the term is either racist or it isn't and any use should be met with identical reaponse and penalty. I don't care if you are black, white, green or red or whether you are talking to your friends, teammates, mortal enemies or opponents. Use of the word has been CLEARLY defined as generically racist and to allow it to be interpreted in context, used only by certain people or selectively examined is simply inappropriate and just as racist if not more so than Spadola's in light of his actual use and context, especially when interpreting it differently coming from a white player versus five black players already cited and quoted and then applying punishment only to the white player. I'm not sure if there's any truth to the "conspiracy" theory but I do know that Lehigh is not well represented by the committee based on what I know about current membership. And yes, Lehigh success certainly would make some of the scholly programs and the FCS, to a degree, look bad. It would be like Harvard beating Florida... How do you think the SEC would look after that and can you imagine the commentary that would result? Smart versus stupid, footbal mill versus higher learning institution, etc. Everyone wants a great football program but down deep they all want the respect of being a higher learning institution, not an athletic factory.