North Dakota State vs Sam Houston State FCS Championship

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JBB
Level3
Level3

Re: North Dakota State vs Sam Houston State FCS Championship

Post by JBB »

htownbearkat wrote:
dekes wrote:Tim Flanders is a true talent. Has he met a young man named Colton Heagle? That will be interesting.
Can NDSU win on the road? Ask the U of Kansas and the U of Minnesota that question. Someone said that Sam Houston tickets were already sold out. So are NDSU's.
The Sam Houston players will be in for a rude awakening when the meet up with the young men on offense for NDSU. Remember these names, Billy Turner, Austin Richards, Joe Lund, Paul Cornick, Sam Ojuri, DJ McNorton, Ryan Smith and most important Brock Jensen and "Big Tex" Hollaway
And NDSU's defense is even better

Not sure what we will do with only Tim Flanders. Doesnt seem fair that you can name 9 players from your own squad. :rofl:

See the SHSU vs MSU box score. please note Flanders only had 38 yrds rushing, but the team had over 400 yrds on the ground. :coffee:

Every back will be covered. NDSU doesnt play football like the Montana Schools. Last time The BISON played Montana they beat them in Mizzoula as a D2, sound whipping. Last time NDSU played Montana State they routed them in the same fashion SHSU did, but The BISON did it in Bozeman.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

JBB wrote:
Every back will be covered. NDSU doesnt play football like the Montana Schools. Last time The BISON played Montana they beat them in Mizzoula as a D2, sound whipping. Last time NDSU played Montana State they routed them in the same fashion SHSU did, but The BISON did it in Bozeman.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's almost as good as you sayin', "NDSU will always outbid Montana." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mighty strong work on your part! It's greatly appreciated!! :thumb:
dekes
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: Bison

Post by dekes »

NDSU is more than names as is Sam Houston. I'm not saying that NDSU is better than Sam Houston. I know better, I've seen your team play. But don't question if NDSU can win on the road. That would be a mistake. And don't think that Sam Houston is going to roll over NDSU like they did Montana. That would also be a mistake. I think its interesting that some of NDSU's best players are Texans. It will be a great game, one for the ages
htownbearkat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SHSU

Post by htownbearkat »

dekes wrote:NDSU is more than names as is Sam Houston. I'm not saying that NDSU is better than Sam Houston. I know better, I've seen your team play. But don't question if NDSU can win on the road. That would be a mistake. And don't think that Sam Houston is going to roll over NDSU like they did Montana. That would also be a mistake. I think its interesting that some of NDSU's best players are Texans. It will be a great game, one for the ages

I can only think of 150 FCS and FBS schools off the top of my head that can make that statement. :rofl:

By all means keep teeing them up. Im new also new, and need the practice.
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/ ... RKNADO.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dekes

Post by dekes »

Being a jerk won't help you win. I only said that beccause even in North Dakota, Texas high school football is a legend. There weren't Texas football players in ND 10 years ago.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

dekes wrote:Being a jerk won't help you win. I only said that beccause even in North Dakota, Texas high school football is a legend. There weren't good football players in ND 10 years ago.
Fixed.
htownbearkat
Level1
Level1

Post by htownbearkat »

dekes wrote:Being a jerk won't help you win. I only said that beccause even in North Dakota, Texas high school football is a legend. There weren't Texas football players in ND 10 years ago.
congrats on the Bison season. There will be no shame in being beat by the best. The Bearkats just have way to many weapons on both sides of the ball for the bison to overcome.
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/ ... RKNADO.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NDSUFREAK
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State
A.K.A.: Chupacabra

Post by NDSUFREAK »

Like someone else said it before...I am so glad that Colten Heagle is back for the BISON. He stuffed GSU with a cast on and I can't imagine the damage he will do to the SHSU rushing attack after another three weeks of healing.

Another defensive name to look at is Marcus Williams...he has been quiet all playoffs long after recording 3 defensive TDs and 7 INTs during the season. This All-American shines when the most is on the line...if he is on your best WR Williams will shut him down.

I cannot wait for this game...the hype in Fargo is unreal. Can't wait this long!!
dekes

Post by dekes »

It's totally amazing that we won 8 national champioships without Texans. Even though you a such a great comedian and so convincig as a sports analyst on Jan 7th they'll still play the game
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

dekes wrote:NDSU is more than names as is Sam Houston. I'm not saying that NDSU is better than Sam Houston. I know better, I've seen your team play. But don't question if NDSU can win on the road. That would be a mistake. And don't think that Sam Houston is going to roll over NDSU like they did Montana. That would also be a mistake. I think its interesting that some of NDSU's best players are Texans. It will be a great game, one for the ages
DJ McNorton - RB - SR - Channelview TX
Warren Holloway - WR - SR - Houston TX

I didnt see any others though?

Colton Heagle, the Golden Eagle, is from Wisconsin. So is Brock Jensen Bison Soph QB.

Ive watched the Montana game several times, mistake prone on offense and spotty on the option defense and slow for a high caliber team [sic], and I think SHSU is the better of the two big option games because I think they have the advantage with Flanders. Otherwise its all pretty much the same. Maybe a stronger passing team too, but that will depend on the very strong BISON pass rush, something Montana doesnt have.

Hit every back every play, cover the seam, stretch it out, beat blockers downfield, pick your best matchups when making assignments, its all the same, no different than getting ready for an offense less spectacular but more traditional like UNI or something.

One thing we learned from the Montana game is the lesson about mistakes. The Grizz basically gave that game away in the first quarter by their offensive mistakes and couldnt keep pace.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

dekes wrote:It's totally amazing that we won 8 D-II or lower national champioships without Texans. Even though you a such a great comedian and so convincig as a sports analyst on Jan 7th they'll still play the game
fixed again
htownbearkat
Level1
Level1

Post by htownbearkat »

JBB wrote:
DJ McNorton - RB - SR - Channelview TX
Warren Holloway - WR - SR - Houston TX

I didnt see any others though?

Colton Heagle, the Golden Eagle, is from Wisconsin. So is Brock Jensen Bison Soph QB.

Ive watched the Montana game several times, mistake prone on offense and spotty on the option defense and slow for a high caliber team [sic], and I think SHSU is the better of the two big option games because I think they have the advantage with Flanders. Otherwise its all pretty much the same. Maybe a stronger passing team too, but that will depend on the very strong BISON pass rush, something Montana doesnt have.

Hit every back every play, cover the seam, stretch it out, beat blockers downfield, pick your best matchups when making assignments, its all the same, no different than getting ready for an offense less spectacular but more traditional like UNI or something.

One thing we learned from the Montana game is the lesson about mistakes. The Grizz basically gave that game away in the first quarter by their offensive mistakes and couldnt keep pace.
Definitely nothing to do with the Bearkats. Total freak of nature that a team full of underclassmen picked 4th in the SLC has won 16 games in a row not to mention we almost lost to NM, WI and SBU. maybe we shouldn't play the game, and wait until next year for the preseason #1 team and Peyton award candidate. Just happy to be here.
mgbison
I am a fan of: ndsu

Post by mgbison »

Please don't use the young excuse. NDSU is probably one of the youngest teams in FCS.

I know GSU and UNI also play a ton of underclassmen.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JBB wrote:
Sounds simple, doesn't it? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Texas girls are hotter and Texas fans are douchieer. Therefore SHSU by 21. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I've been completely wrong about Sam Houston State a lot but I'll go ahead and say what I think. I think it's a very interesting matchup. I think NDSU is the more physical team and the early part of the game will be crucial. I think that if Sam Houston State does NOT jump out to a substantial lead North Dakota State will wear the BearKats down.

In that regard the three week preparation period is interesting. To me it's pretty clear that at some point Montana figured the Sam Houston State offense out and pretty much shut it down during the second half. So can NDSU figure it out earlier given three weeks to prepare? We shall see.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

Willie wrote:Ugh, it PAINS me to admit, but I think NDSU will win this one. The team deserves it, MOST of the fans do not. I had the chance to see them play many times while I was living in Fargo, and they have a damn good program.

So from this Griz fan, go Bison. :twocents:
:shocking:
htownbearkat
Level1
Level1

Post by htownbearkat »

[quote="JohnStOnge"]I've been completely wrong about Sam Houston State a lot but I'll go ahead and say what I think. I think it's a very interesting matchup. I think NDSU is the more physical team and the early part of the game will be crucial. I think that if Sam Houston State does NOT jump out to a substantial lead North Dakota State will wear the BearKats down.

In that regard the three week preparation period is interesting. To me it's pretty clear that at some point Montana figured the Sam Houston State offense out and pretty much shut it down during the second half. So can NDSU figure it out earlier given three weeks to prepare? We shall see.[/quote]

I think thats an understatement. i know the 15 point victory vs Western Illinois by SHSU in the first game of the season had you scratching your head. Wondering your thoughts on the same team scoring 21 points on NDSU. Also please comment on the the Bearkats getting the ball back with 5 min to go. driving the ball down the griz throats works with how the griz shut us down in the 2nd half?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

htownbearkat wrote:[quote="JohnStOnge"]I've been completely wrong about Sam Houston State a lot but I'll go ahead and say what I think. I think it's a very interesting matchup. I think NDSU is the more physical team and the early part of the game will be crucial. I think that if Sam Houston State does NOT jump out to a substantial lead North Dakota State will wear the BearKats down.

In that regard the three week preparation period is interesting. To me it's pretty clear that at some point Montana figured the Sam Houston State offense out and pretty much shut it down during the second half. So can NDSU figure it out earlier given three weeks to prepare? We shall see.
I think thats an understatement. i know the 15 point victory vs Western Illinois by SHSU in the first game of the season had you scratching your head. Wondering your thoughts on the same team scoring 21 points on NDSU. Also please comment on the the Bearkats getting the ball back with 5 min to go. driving the ball down the griz throats works with how the griz shut us down in the 2nd half?[/quote]

1 2 3 4 T
MONT 0 14 7 7 28
SHSU 21 7 3 0 31

You guys finished which is all that really matters, but notice the trend here.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

htownbearkat wrote:[quote="JohnStOnge"]I've been completely wrong about Sam Houston State a lot but I'll go ahead and say what I think. I think it's a very interesting matchup. I think NDSU is the more physical team and the early part of the game will be crucial. I think that if Sam Houston State does NOT jump out to a substantial lead North Dakota State will wear the BearKats down.

I think thats an understatement. i know the 15 point victory vs Western Illinois by SHSU in the first game of the season had you scratching your head. Wondering your thoughts on the same team scoring 21 points on NDSU. Also please comment on the the Bearkats getting the ball back with 5 min to go. driving the ball down the griz throats works with how the griz shut us down in the 2nd half?[/quote]

Well, we did outscore you 28-10 in quarters 2-4...
htownbearkat
Level1
Level1

Post by htownbearkat »

Grizalltheway wrote:

I think thats an understatement. i know the 15 point victory vs Western Illinois by SHSU in the first game of the season had you scratching your head. Wondering your thoughts on the same team scoring 21 points on NDSU. Also please comment on the the Bearkats getting the ball back with 5 min to go. driving the ball down the griz throats works with how the griz shut us down in the 2nd half?
Well, we did outscore you 28-10 in quarters 2-4...[/quote]

congrats on your moral victory. the team can build on that. :clap:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:

Well, we did outscore you 28-10 in quarters 2-4...[/quote]

And held the Kats to 127 yards of offense in the second half.
htownbearkat
Level1
Level1

Post by htownbearkat »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
And held the Kats to 127 yards of offense in the second half.[/quote]

Man, if only they were at Wa/Griz.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

htownbearkat wrote:
kalm wrote:
And held the Kats to 127 yards of offense in the second half.
Man, if only they were at Wa/Griz.[/quote]

Or showed up for 4 quarters. Weren't you the one questioning whether or not the Griz shut you down in the 2nd half? 3 points and 127 yards of offense. Just sayin'.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

What a douche. You asked for evidence backing up St Onge's statement that we figured you guys out in the second half, and I gave you some. Never thought I would come across a fan base that would make me pull for NDSU in a game, but I believe I have. :ohno: