Jordan Johnson's return to the Griz

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SouthDakotaGrizzly
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Jordan Johnson's return to the Griz

Post by SouthDakotaGrizzly »

Head coach Mick Delaney says JJ wants to return to the football team and JJ himself posted "10 is back!" on his Facebook page. Of course, all of this is pending his appeal to the university to reverse his suspension. If nothing else, JJ's return would immediately clarify an extremely murky starting QB picture....even with some rust from being away for a year, JJ is a better option than anything else the Griz have right now. I can not even imagine the atmosphere in Wa-Griz on Aug. 31st if #10 leads the Griz out of the tunnel for the season opener against App St.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/delane ... f887a.html
FIRST DOWN.....MMMMOOOONNNNTTTTAAAANNNNAAAA!!!!

kemajic
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: Kemajic

Re: Jordan Johnson's return to the Griz

Post by kemajic »

SouthDakotaGrizzly wrote:Head coach Mick Delaney says JJ wants to return to the football team and JJ himself posted "10 is back!" on his Facebook page. Of course, all of this is pending his appeal to the university to reverse his suspension. If nothing else, JJ's return would immediately clarify an extremely murky starting QB picture....even with some rust from being away for a year, JJ is a better option than anything else the Griz have right now. I can not even imagine the atmosphere in Wa-Griz on Aug. 31st if #10 leads the Griz out of the tunnel for the season opener against App St.

A shirt company needs to start running their #10 Montana jerseys now to keep up with the demand.
"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Any inside word on him being reinstated? Seems like it should be a formality since the courts enonerated him.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

ASUG8 wrote:Any inside word on him being reinstated? Seems like it should be a formality since the courts enonerated him.
From what I have heard he is submitting his formal letter today and has been taking online classes. I think he must be a full time student to play, which would occur either this summer or next fall. So.... :?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

kemajic wrote:
SouthDakotaGrizzly wrote:Head coach Mick Delaney says JJ wants to return to the football team and JJ himself posted "10 is back!" on his Facebook page. Of course, all of this is pending his appeal to the university to reverse his suspension. If nothing else, JJ's return would immediately clarify an extremely murky starting QB picture....even with some rust from being away for a year, JJ is a better option than anything else the Griz have right now. I can not even imagine the atmosphere in Wa-Griz on Aug. 31st if #10 leads the Griz out of the tunnel for the season opener against App St.

A shirt company needs to start running their #10 Montana jerseys now to keep up with the demand.
The first one they make should have Florio on the back. :nod:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

ASUG8 wrote:Any inside word on him being reinstated? Seems like it should be a formality since the courts enonerated him.
Found this from Egriz.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/artic ... 0f31a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

He'll be back.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Willie wrote:He'll be back.
So get that lotion for ur annual griz jack off session, ya bitch.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

No advice from 93? :|
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

BlackFalkin wrote:
Sounds like you're ready to give him an assist. :?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:No advice from 93? :|
Win! :clap:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

Grizalltheway wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:
Sounds like you're ready to give him an assist. :?
Just seems like u guys are as happy as a fag with a bag of dicks that J. Johnson is back.

:coffee:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

BlackFalkin wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Sounds like you're ready to give him an assist. :?
Just seems like u guys are as happy as a fag with a bag of dicks that J. Johnson is back.

We are that happy. We're gonna need those extra dicks this year when your bent over begging for mercy at WGS. Prepare to be DVDA'd bro.

I'm not sure how that can come off so manly when I say it and so absolutely sissy when you do?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

BlackFalkin wrote:Just seems like u guys are as happy as a fag with a bag of dicks that J. Johnson is back.

With all these nice homespun similes, it's becoming quite apparent that BF is really Keith Jackson in disguise.
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:Just seems like u guys are as happy as a fag with a bag of dicks that J. Johnson is back.

With all these nice homespun similes, it's becoming quite apparent that BF is really Keith Jackson in disguise.
:rofl: :rofl:

Very true! :thumb:

I can't wait for his Paul Harvey side to come out, and grace the pages of CS.com!!
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Does this mean Montana will become relevant again?? :coffee: :coffee: :kisswink: :kisswink:
Make Delaware Football Great Again
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

bluehenbillk wrote:Does this mean Montana will become relevant again?? :coffee: :coffee: :kisswink: :kisswink:
Need I remind you

Justin Halpern
SouthDakotaGrizzly
Level1
Level1

Post by SouthDakotaGrizzly »

From today's Cat-Griz blog in the Billings Gazette (http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 963f4.html):
Whether it's too early to talk about or not, the question is on everyone's mind. We already know Jordan Johnson wants to return to the Griz football team. It’s just a matter of if he will.

Johnson, of course, was acquitted of a rape charge Friday in Missoula. The high-profile trial lasted 12 days, and the jury returned a not-guilty verdict after about two hours of deliberations.

As Missoulian sportswriter Fritz Neighbor wrote following the trial, Johnson must appeal to the university to return to the football team. When Johnson was officially charged last July, he was indefinitely suspended from the football team. That suspension must be reversed for him to return.

If Johnson is reinstated -- provided he doesn't take any legal action of his own -- it will probably mean the university's controversial decision to expel him last spring will disappear in the wind.

After Johnson was initially accused of wrongdoing, he was voted expelled last May by a 7-0 university student-conduct court, which ruled Johnson guilty of misconduct based on a "preponderance of evidence." In turn, Johnson and his legal team tried to get that vote reversed during an attempted injunction last summer, but the request was denied because the vote had yet to be decided on by the Board of Regents.

As a result of those proceedings, a judge unsealed pages and pages of court documents detailing Johnson's expulsion. After months of speculation, we finally knew, despite university denials, that Johnson was indeed voted expelled. But what happens to that decision now that he's been found not guilty in a criminal court of law?

It seemed last spring that UM administrators -- especially president Royce Engstrom and dean of students Charles Couture -- were bent on kicking Johnson out of school. And that aim also probably had much to do with football coach Robin Pflugrad and athletic director Jim O'Day losing their jobs simply because they stood behind the quarterback.

One year later, Couture, who sent Johnson his expulsion letter, has retired and is out of the picture. But Engstrom is on record saying the the athletic conduct team will listen to Johnson's appeal and make a decision. "And we’ll attend to that as quickly as we can, if that’s what Jordan wishes,” Engstrom said.

It's a much different tune from last spring, isn't it?

During his trial, Johnson (oddly) testified, "I admit I'm not a good person." And you can take that statement any way you want. But he's always been considered a good quarterback. And the Grizzlies appear poised to get him back.
Everybody involved in the situation, from Johnson to Delaney to Haslam to Engstrom are being very hush, hush about the whole thing right now. But if I were a betting man, I'd put money on #10 being the starting QB next fall.
FIRST DOWN.....MMMMOOOONNNNTTTTAAAANNNNAAAA!!!!

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

Jordan Johnson played in the 2011 EWU griz game and the griz won by 3 at home. Not THAT impressive. You're def gonna need all the help u can get and if gobbling a bag of baby dick will help you in some fantastically homosexual fashion then Go ahead. U guys embrace the man on man ass pounding like a badge of honor and u wonder why the griz reign is over.

Brock Landers
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Things

Post by Brock Landers »

BlackFalkin wrote:Jordan Johnson played in the 2011 EWU griz game and the griz won by 3 at home. Not THAT impressive. You're def gonna need all the help u can get and if gobbling a bag of baby dick will help you in some fantastically homosexual fashion then Go ahead. U guys embrace the man on man ass pounding like a badge of honor and u wonder why the griz reign is over.

:lol:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322730331" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322730331" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Semi-finalist EWU team? Check
First year Griz coach? Check
5-6 Griz squad? Check
In Cheney? Check
Struggling McKinney at QB? Check
Miraculous comeback thanks to Kaufman? Check
Phantom Canada fumble inside the 5? Check

"Not THAT impressive" :coffee:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Today Johnson was reinstated to the team after making his appeal. It was approved by Engstrom.

http://www.kpax.com/news/jordan-johnson ... ball-team/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

JOHNSON TO REJOIN UM FOOTBALL TEAM
MISSOULA, MONTANA (3/5/13) –
The University of Montana’s Athletic Conduct Team has reinstated Jordan Johnson to the football team after hearing his appeal on Monday. UM President Royce Engstrom also approved the reinstatement.
Johnson appealed his suspension from the team over the weekend. He is back on the team effective immediately.

Contact: Kent Haslam, UM director of athletics, 406-243-6294, kent.haslam@mso.umt.edu; Peggy Kuhr, UM vice president for integrated communications, 406-243-2311, peggy.kuhr@umontana.edu.
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
Beardown
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Northern Colorado
A.K.A.: BigSkyBears

Post by Beardown »

BlackFalkin wrote:
I agree and it's amazing how many griz fans have a hard-on for this kid. You can be the starting QB for this program and be called "Messiah." If any story exemplifies the messed up culture and backwardness of the state of Montana, it's this story. If you read some of the testimony from this trial, would you want your daughter dating a guy like this? And please, don't use the sorry-ass excuse that boys will be boys and he's just being a college kid. You know what? There's many,many, outstanding young men WHO DON'T DO THIS, AND DON'T PUT THEMSELVES IN THIS SITUATION. You want this kid to be your QB, by all means worship him all you want. You'll just continue to be known as a bunch of hicks.
Brock Landers
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Things

Post by Brock Landers »

Beardown wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:
I agree and it's amazing how many griz fans have a hard-on for this kid.
I find it even more amazing how many directional school dumbasses have a hard-on for us :coffee:

Tell us again how about UNC is the future of the Big Sky BSB. That never gets old
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Beardown wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:
I agree and it's amazing how many griz fans have a hard-on for this kid. You can be the starting QB for this program and be called "Messiah." If any story exemplifies the messed up culture and backwardness of the state of Montana, it's this story. If you read some of the testimony from this trial, would you want your daughter dating a guy like this? And please, don't use the sorry-ass excuse that boys will be boys and he's just being a college kid. You know what? There's many,many, outstanding young men WHO DON'T DO THIS, AND DON'T PUT THEMSELVES IN THIS SITUATION. You want this kid to be your QB, by all means worship him all you want. You'll just continue to be known as a bunch of hicks.
I did read the testimony everyday. Specifically what would you be referring to here?