JMU Next to go FBS??

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

JMU Next to go FBS??

Post by bluehenbillk »

Rumors swirling faster announcement to come sometime during the month of June.....

http://www.caazone.com/blog/2013/05/10/ ... who-knows/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Make Delaware Football Great Again
TribeFanInNC
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: William & Mary Tribe

Re: JMU Next to go FBS??

Post by TribeFanInNC »

bluehenbillk wrote:Rumors swirling faster announcement to come sometime during the month of June.....

http://www.caazone.com/blog/2013/05/10/ ... who-knows/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This blogger seems to be trying to create that rumor
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

I don't even think he's saying there is anything indicating a move is imminent. He just really lays out the timelines by which if JMU doesn't announce the results vary.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

bluehenbillk wrote:Rumors swirling faster announcement to come sometime during the month of June.....

If I had a dollar for every rumor since January.....
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kemajic
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: Kemajic

Post by kemajic »

BDKJMU wrote:

Several have become facts.
"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kemajic wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Several have become facts.
And far more have turned out to be false.

Throw enough rumors out there and invariably a couple will turn out true.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
slycat
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas State

Post by slycat »

They won't go anywhere until they finish their feasability study later this summer.
GoTigers
I am a fan of: Princeton

Post by GoTigers »

Honestly, I am so angry at the Ivy League for not letting teams play in the playoffs. We have the most national championships out of any conference in football.

Princeton has the most national titles in all of football. And they have no way of going for #29. Ridiculous and outrageous. I wish we would just leave the Ivy and go independent. I'm sick of Alabama fans claiming they have the most titles, when Princeton AND Yale both have much more. There is no way to shut than up other than words since the Ivy League won't let their teams play for titles, won't move to the FBS, won't let Ivys schedule FBS teams. It's BS.

We should be the ones in the FBS. We used to RUN football and then our damn conference held us back. It's a crime our last title was in 1950.
National Champions- 1869, 1870, 1872, 1873, 1874, 1875, 1877, 1878, 1879, 1880, 1881, 1884, 1885, 1886, 1889, 1893, 1894, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1903, 1906, 1911, 1920, 1922, 1933, 1935, 1950 (Most in college football)
Ivy League Champions- 1957, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1969, 1989, 1995, 2006

#29..
kemajic
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: Kemajic

Post by kemajic »

GoTigers wrote:Honestly, I am so angry at the Ivy League for not letting teams play in the playoffs. We have the most national championships out of any conference in football.

Princeton has the most national titles in all of football. And they have no way of going for #29. Ridiculous and outrageous. I wish we would just leave the Ivy and go independent. I'm sick of Alabama fans claiming they have the most titles, when Princeton AND Yale both have much more. There is no way to shut than up other than words since the Ivy League won't let their teams play for titles, won't move to the FBS, won't let Ivys schedule FBS teams. It's BS.

We should be the ones in the FBS. We used to RUN football and then our damn conference held us back. It's a crime our last title was in 1950.
You last title would likely still be in 1950, irrespective of conference policies.
"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney