South Dakota State- 34
North Dakota- 20

Montana State- 22
SMU- 37

Cal Poly- 17
Fresno State-31

Weber State- 10
Utah- 44
As long as Fresno State and Nevada don't give up 34 and 29 point leads, I went 10-1 this week, 18-5 overall.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-7

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:7-5 so far, terrible start to the season. However, picking the Big Sky games is going to be tough throughout the year so it will start to get interesting. I need a good week this time. Here are this week's prediction. Sacramento State starts on Thursday so I had to get them out early. Have at them!

CP at Fresno State---The Mustangs looked good against San Diego but now they have to move up to the FBS. It would be nice to see them get a win here as it probably will be competitive, but Fresno State is favored to take the Mountain West's West Division, opposite of Boise State. Too much firepower for the Mustangs to overcome...Fresno State 31, CP 20.

Western Oregon at EWU---After their very impressive win last week at Oregon State, the Eagles open up their home slate with a game against the DII's Western Oregon. Should be fairly easy given how they looked last week, but it also showed that they need to be ready to play. It would be interesting to hear the talk if Western Oregon wins, given the close proximity between Monmouth and Corvallis...EWU 35, Western Oregon 14.

Dixie State at ISU---The Bengals get their season started with a home tilt against the DII's Dixie State. It took an extra week but the Bengals can finally play some football. They better be prepared or they could be in for a long show. But even they should be able to win...ISU 28, Dixie State 10.

MSU at Southern Methodist---The Bobcats looked really strong last week at home against Monmouth, and now they go to Southern Methodist for what was supposed to be a money game. But given what happened in the conference and on the national stage, this may have turned into a must win for the Bobcats to keep up...MSU 31, Southern Methodist 26.

South Dakota State at UND---The former Sioux took care of Valparaiso early and often last week at home. But this week will be a bit tougher as they bring in a great South Dakota State team. They want to be taken seriously as a possible contender for the conference title and this game could prove it...UND 28, South Dakota State 26.

CSU-Pueblo at UNC---The Bears got the win last week over the NAIA, something that has been difficult for them in past years. They are eager to show that this year will be different and this week they get DII's own CSU-Pueblo. They won against the NAIA, can they beat a DII (and more importantly, will it carry over to wins in conference)?...UNC 32, CSU-Pueblo 12.

PSU at California---The Vikings looked strong against an outclassed Eastern Oregon team. Now it is their turn to feel outclassed as they head down to play the Pac-12's California team. California may not have much, but the Vikings still may not be able to stop them...California 31, PSU 14.

Sac State at Arizona State---The reason for the lackluster offensive showing the Hornets had last week against San Jose State could possibly be because they were not playing the Pac-12 where they are 2-0 over the last two years. They get their wish this week as they move up to the Pac-12, playing at Arizona State. Can they find the magic for the third time?...Arizona State 23, Sac State 10.

Fort Lewis at SUU---This was to be a rebuilding year for the Thunderbirds, yet they took the money from South Alabama and left with the win. This week they return home for a date with the DII's own Fort Lewis squad. A chance to start the year 2-0 and just reload. Should be easy...SUU 38, Fort Lewis 10.

UCD at Nevada---The Aggies woes continue after last week's loss to South Dakota in a matchup of two conference cellar dwellers. This week, they move up and play the Mountain West's Nevada team. Maybe the Aggies can surprise and keep it close, but that is a very tall order...Nevada 38. UCD 7.

WSU at Utah---The Wildcats surprised some people with their game last week at home against Stephen F Austin and they are now rewarded for the next two weeks by playing their big instate brothers of the FBS. First up is the Pac-12's Utah team. If they can keep it close, they may have a shot at the upset. Well, maybe a slim shot anyway...Utah 24, WSU 17.
8-3 this week, 15-8 overall. Terrible start to the season. :oops:
Fresno St. Alum
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: poontang
A.K.A.: Rainman

Post by Fresno St. Alum »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:Sacramento State- 3
Arizona State- 42

Colorado State Pueblo- 17
Northern Colorado- 31

Portland State- 10
California- 38

Dixie State- 20
Idaho State- 55

Western Oregon- 10
Eastern Washington- 52

Fort Lewis- 0
Southern Utah- 35

UC Davis- 6
Nevada- 38

South Dakota State- 34
North Dakota- 20

Montana State- 22
SMU- 37

Cal Poly- 17
Fresno State-31

Weber State- 10
Utah- 44
As long as Fresno State and Nevada don't give up 34 and 29 point leads, I went 10-1 this week, 18-5 overall.
We almost did. They pulled the def starters up 41-3 and the off starters later in the 3rd up 41-10. Our backups sucked donkey nuts and all of a sudden its 41-25 and CP overthrew a wide open TE that would have put them at 31 or 33 pts. So they had to put all of our starters back in w/ a few min left and they were out of sink. :ohno:
SloStang
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Post by SloStang »

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
We almost did. They pulled the def starters up 41-3 and the off starters later in the 3rd up 41-10. Our backups sucked donkey nuts and all of a sudden its 41-25 and CP overthrew a wide open TE that would have put them at 31 or 33 pts. So they had to put all of our starters back in w/ a few min left and they were out of sink. :ohno:
Cal Poly's D held FSU to only 370 yards and 27 points (2 TDs given up on punt returns). I really think had Cal Poly started Brown at QB it would have been a more competitive game. FSU stacked the box and Moraga did not have the arm or speed to stretch the defense. Brown kept FSU off balance with both his feet and his arm. Had he started I do not think Cal Poly punts 7 times in the first half and most likely not given up the two punt returns for TDs. I am not saying the Mustangs would have won, just that it would have been a better game.

Check out Brown's highlights:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AytGo_ta4a ... ytGo_ta4aM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;