THE DAM CUP

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

THE DAM CUP

Post by SACCAT »

Here...I started this so you can all talk about the game that no one gives a shit about. STAY OFF OF THE CAT/ griz TOPIC.
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: THE DAM CUP

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Is this about EWU again? :)
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Dxckriddin cats and Griz be all over this thread...
Bronco
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by Bronco »

-
Thanks sccat

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Bronco wrote:-
Thanks sccat

Told ya. You jacknerds can't help but be rydin EWU's dyck...
ewueagle2010

Post by ewueagle2010 »

SACCAT wrote:Here...I started this so you can all talk about the game that no one gives a **** about. STAY OFF OF THE CAT/ griz TOPIC.
Oh look at that...Griz and Cat fans don't like their threads being hijacked by the fans of the Big Sky's new sheriff. Now maybe they'll all get a taste of what it was like for everyone else before. :roll:

Go Eags!
frinq
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Portland State University
A.K.A.: frinq

Post by frinq »

On topic - The Dam Cup, something for over-paid university presidents to talk about and no one else. Who gives a damn? But for what it's worth, we're 7 points up on EWU right now. No doubt football will bring Eastern up to 4 and it will hang on basketball. 2 more points and we take the Dam Cup. Again. For what it's worth. Go Viks!
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

ewueagle2010 wrote:
SACCAT wrote:Here...I started this so you can all talk about the game that no one gives a **** about. STAY OFF OF THE CAT/ griz TOPIC.
Oh look at that...Griz and Cat fans don't like their threads being hijacked by the fans of the Big Sky's new sheriff. Now maybe they'll all get a taste of what it was like for everyone else before. :roll:

Go Eags!
:nod:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

ewueagle2010 wrote:

Go Eags!
oh look...a thread dedicated to the EWU/PSU "rivalry" game and there's 7 whole posts. In other words...nobody gives a flying fuck. Enter blackfuckin to insist how relevant EWU is on the national scene....3-2-1...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Herd

Post by Herd »

You guys need to be nice to each other

We all know the Bison are the ONLY relevant team

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

Herd wrote:You guys need to be nice to each other

We all know the Bison are the ONLY relevant team

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sure guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

THE DAM CUP

Post by EWURanger »

AZGrizFan wrote:
ewueagle2010 wrote:

Go Eags!
oh look...a thread dedicated to the EWU/PSU "rivalry" game and there's 7 whole posts. In other words...nobody gives a flying ****. Enter blackfuckin to insist how relevant EWU is on the national scene....3-2-1...
Not exactly a lot to talk about here. There's only a couple of PSU guys on here and I don't really want to talk smack to Jalmond.

It's a manufactured rivalry, and IMO, EWU will win.

ewueagle2010

Post by ewueagle2010 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
ewueagle2010 wrote:

Go Eags!
oh look...a thread dedicated to the EWU/PSU "rivalry" game and there's 7 whole posts. In other words...nobody gives a flying ****. Enter blackfuckin to insist how relevant EWU is on the national scene....3-2-1...
This hasn't been a rivalry game for a long, long time. The Big Sky conference just tried to make it that way with the conference additions a couple years ago. :roll:

But, just keep hating on EWU anyway. Obviously you cared enough about it to come write a post in here. Hypocrite.
craneac27
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: LSU & McNeese St
A.K.A.: Maurice Cheeks

Post by craneac27 »

did my research on this rivalry. interesting why they named it the DAM CUP. who shall i root for? :)
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

The "Columbia Cup" would have been a better name for this. "Dam Cup"? Really? :ohno:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

EWURanger wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Not exactly a lot to talk about here. There's only a couple of PSU guys on here and I don't really want to talk smack to Jalmond.

Talking smack is not my strong suit anyway, I'll leave that to frinq and the rest. About the best I can do is point out that Glanville beat EWU twice (he only beat Idaho State once). Still, the games have been relatively competitive. We will be ready this time around, but EWU is good. I don't know if it will make a difference, but it is our only shot. The only chance for a truly successful season. No one else in the conference has knocked out EWU and our chance this weekend is the only one left. A win would be an excellent way to build momentum for next season. Good luck to the Eagles, good luck to us, and may the best team on Saturday win.
frinq
Level1
Level1

Post by frinq »

Columbia Cup is already taken by a power boat race on the Columbia. Agreed, it's as dam foolish name, a marketing failure. I figure we'll wait 20-30 years til we join up with the FBS and put the rivalry where it naturally belongs - UO/PSU. The Ducks as well financed as they are can't ride the waves forever.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

frinq wrote:Columbia Cup is already taken by a power boat race on the Columbia. Agreed, it's as dam foolish name, a marketing failure. I figure we'll wait 20-30 years til we join up with the FBS and put the rivalry where it naturally belongs - UO/PSU. The Ducks as well financed as they are can't ride the waves forever.
Indeed, and we'll hopefully put our rivalry where it belongs with UW. ;)
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

JALMOND wrote:
EWURanger wrote:

Talking smack is not my strong suit anyway, I'll leave that to frinq and the rest. About the best I can do is point out that Glanville beat EWU twice (he only beat Idaho State once). Still, the games have been relatively competitive. We will be ready this time around, but EWU is good. I don't know if it will make a difference, but it is our only shot. The only chance for a truly successful season. No one else in the conference has knocked out EWU and our chance this weekend is the only one left. A win would be an excellent way to build momentum for next season. Good luck to the Eagles, good luck to us, and may the best team on Saturday win.
:thumb: Yup, Portland State is always a tough game for us, no matter the records it seems. It'll be a tough game for us, even at home. I think there's just too much riding on this one to flush it down the toilet, though.
eaglesfootball
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: eaglesfootball

Post by eaglesfootball »

JALMOND wrote:
EWURanger wrote:

well said, good luck to the Vikings as well.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

EWU's rival shd be the other Vikings. But they were d2 then dropped fb. I think the Portland state - EWU rivalry could become something special if they didn't name it "dam cup" and if the "cup" or trophy was only passed for fb. The football part of the rivalry should have its own trophy. At the end of the day montana is EWU's football rival. Then montana state. When I was a player I noticed students wanted us to mainly beat montana and Montana state. I think it's bc of um's proximity to EWU. I noticed lots of EWU kids had friends or family that went to um, wsu & Idaho.
frinq
Level1
Level1

Post by frinq »

So speaks someone who only cares about football. The "Dam Cup" is about all athletics, both men and women. Football, basketball, soccer, volleyball. In 2017 EWU will add softball, so that should be added to the Cup points total. Don't know why golf isn't there now. I don't like the name either, but it looks like we're stuck with it.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

http://www.spokesman.com/eagles/stories ... en-eagles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not really a true rivalry in the traditional sense, but the schools compete for a lot of recruits on the I-5 corridor, so this game has bigger implications than the obvious ones.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

frinq wrote:So speaks someone who only cares about football. The "Dam Cup" is about all athletics, both men and women. Football, basketball, soccer, volleyball. In 2017 EWU will add softball, so that should be added to the Cup points total. Don't know why golf isn't there now. I don't like the name either, but it looks like we're stuck with it.

I realize that. I do welcome the rivalry though. I think its an excellent idea giving every school a rival.. and keeping already existing rivalries in place. I always though EWU-PSU should or would be natural rivals bc proximity & similarities between the states etc..
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
ewueagle2010 wrote:

Go Eags!
oh look...a thread dedicated to the EWU/PSU "rivalry" game and there's 7 whole posts. In other words...nobody gives a flying fuck. Enter blackfuckin to insist how relevant EWU is on the national scene....3-2-1...
:lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz