I am a fan of: New Hampshire
A.K.A.: UNHWildCats

New Hampshire at Maine

Post by UNHWildCats »

Should be a good game.

Who: #17 New Hampshire at #9 Maine
When: Saturday December 7, 2013 at 2PM
Where: Alfond Stadium, Orono, Maine

Last Meeting: November 23, 2013. New Hampshire retained the Brice-Cowell Musket and locked up a playoff birth with a 24-3 win in Durham, New Hampshire.

History: New Hampshire has won 8 of the last 9 meetings including 4 of the last 5 in Orono. New Hampshire leads the all-time series 51–44–8.

Playoff History: Maine 3-6 all-time. New Hampshire 7-11. The two teams have never faced each other in the playoffs.
grizinidaho
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: dupuyer griz

Re: New Hampshire at Maine

Post by grizinidaho »

What's the chances Maine turns things around from a couple weeks ago?
vutomcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Villanova

Post by vutomcat »

grizinidaho wrote:What's the chances Maine turns things around from a couple weeks ago?

One man's opinion. UNH is not the same team outside UNH. I see Maine winning by 10 or more points in this one. They will benefit from the week off, the venue and Perillo the tight end will be healthy.
Twyxx7

Post by Twyxx7 »

grizinidaho wrote:What's the chances Maine turns things around from a couple weeks ago?
I would say pretty high. Maine didn't have all that much to play for that week as they had already clinched the CAA title. Also, playing UNH is -very- different when they are not at home! The 2009 VU team (FCS Champions) lost @UNH during the regular season, but turned it around when they played UNH in the playoffs @ VU thrashing them 46-7. In fact, UNH is 2-4 AWAY this season. Regardless, this should be a great game as UNH is on a hot streak. Go CAA!
vutomcat
Level2
Level2

Post by vutomcat »

Twyxx7 wrote:
I would say pretty high. Maine didn't have all that much to play for that week as they had already clinched the CAA title. Also, playing UNH is -very- different when they are not at home! The 2009 VU team (FCS Champions) lost @UNH during the regular season, but turned it around when they played UNH in the playoffs @ VU thrashing them 46-7. In fact, UNH is 2-4 AWAY this season. Regardless, this should be a great game as UNH is on a hot streak. Go CAA!

Let's not forget this year's Nova- UNH game where UNH was called for ZERO penalties and two Nova long plays were called back with a flag. Things will be very different for UNH this week. If they win at Maine I will be impressed.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

vutomcat wrote:
Twyxx7 wrote:

Let's not forget this year's Nova- UNH game where UNH was called for ZERO penalties and two Nova long plays were called back with a flag. Things will be very different for UNH this week. If they win at Maine I will be impressed.
UNH ran through nova like a hot knife through butter. It was simple math by their OC against your 3 and 4 man fronts. Your smallish defense got the beating they deserved. :nod:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

UNH has ALWAYS found a way to choke in the playoffs...now that Travis is back, I expect more of the same.

If Maine is healthy, they will win. If not, UNH should prevail.

vutomcat
Level2
Level2

Post by vutomcat »

Cluck U wrote:
vutomcat wrote:

UNH ran through nova like a hot knife through butter. It was simple math by their OC against your 3 and 4 man fronts. Your smallish defense got the beating they deserved. :nod:

Oh man Cluck, you are definitely the funniest poster on the forum. Hot knife through butter by your way of thinking is scoring with 19 seconds left and having to go for a two point conversion to win the game at home? The comedy show continues. Keep posting.
craneac27
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: LSU & McNeese St
A.K.A.: Maurice Cheeks

Post by craneac27 »

as T.O. would say… "get your popcorn ready"

UNHWildCats
Level4
Level4

Post by UNHWildCats »

UNH has had several strong showings on the road in the playoffs including wins at Georgia Southern, McNeese State and games they lost by 3 or less at Montana State and Northern Iowa twice. They also won five straight games at FBS teams. This coaching staff can coach their teams to big wins on the road.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

I like UNH for a couple reasons:

-Maine is a beat up squad, even with the week off, and seemingly played their best ball in September and October.

-I saw the regular season finale and let's just say it was one-sided.

-Yes UNH has a historically poor postseason record but their exit round is normally the quarters (I.e. Next week)

Now the 6 Villanova fans are complaining about refs? Christ, maybe look at your own defense getting manhandled versus crying for a holding call??

UNH and by double digits, again.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
vutomcat
Level2
Level2

Post by vutomcat »

bluehenbillk wrote:I like UNH for a couple reasons:

-Maine is a beat up squad, even with the week off, and seemingly played their best ball in September and October.

-Yes UNH has a historically poor postseason record but their exit round is normally the quarters (I.e. Next week)

Now the 6 Villanova fans are complaining about refs? Christ, maybe look at your own defense getting manhandled versus crying for a holding call??

I was busy tailgating for the Nova/De game during the UNH/Maine game so I didn't get a chance to see the game. Who are the Maine starters that are out for this week's game?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

vutomcat wrote:
Cluck U wrote:

Oh man Cluck, you are definitely the funniest poster on the forum. Hot knife through butter by your way of thinking is scoring with 19 seconds left and having to go for a two point conversion to win the game at home? The comedy show continues. Keep posting.
Admit it, you didn't watch the game, did you?

14:56 3 04:36 UNH 22 13 78 Rushing Touchdown
05:34 3 05:21 UNH 15 12 80 Field Goal Good
11:24 4 06:21 UNH 1 14 99 Passing Touchdown
01:55 4 00:27 UNH 20 3 1 Punt
01:02 4 00:48 UNH 50 7 50 Rushing Touchdown

UNH = 308 yards in the second half on 49 plays...6.29 yards per play. :o

Hello...

HOT. KNIFE. THROUGH. BUTTER.

UNH scored on every second-half possession except the one in which their coach had a brain fart and passed for three straight incompletions. :dunce: Your DL was in shambles...as were your LBs. You simply could not stop them.

UMaineD
I am a fan of: Maine

Post by UMaineD »

vutomcat wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:I like UNH for a couple reasons:

I was busy tailgating for the Nova/De game during the UNH/Maine game so I didn't get a chance to see the game. Who are the Maine starters that are out for this week's game?

Most everyone is healthy. Only 1 starter out is one of the DL so I don't know what your talking about being banged up.

Maine wins easily this time around.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

UMaineD wrote:

Most everyone is healthy. Only 1 starter out is one of the DL so I don't know what your talking about being banged up.

Maine wins easily this time around.
Stop playing possum. We have it on good authority (mainejeff) that Maine had injuries galore at the end of the season...and that is why they sh*t the bed recently.

What other explanation do you have for Maine's recent woes?

vutomcat
Level2
Level2

Post by vutomcat »

Cluck U wrote:
vutomcat wrote:

Hello...

UNH scored on every second-half possession except the one in which their coach had a brain fart and passed for three straight incompletions. :dunce: Your DL was in shambles...as were your LBs. You simply could not stop them.

Cluck- they scored 29 points and one TD was with just a handful of seconds on the clock. Even with the late score they were below their 32 point average. A game is two halves not just one. I watched the ENTIRE game. Did you?

(Must have been a frozen chunk of butter and a very dull knife)
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

vutomcat wrote:
Cluck U wrote:

Hello...

Cluck- they scored 29 points and one TD was with just a handful of seconds on the clock. Even with the late score they were below their 32 point average. A game is two halves not just one. I watched the ENTIRE game. Did you?

(Must have been a frozen chunk of butter and a very dull knife)
You're in denial...similar to you thinking nova had a shot at the playoffs.

Games have a rhythm to them...and in your case, nova's defense was doing a great impression of Michael Jackson's moonwalk.

Hello...

That wasn't a finesse game where UNH got on a hot streak...a hot streak that could quickly end and shift the game back to nova. No...it was a physical meltdown of your small front seven...they were beaten. UNH gobbled up yards, completely gutting nova again and again. It wasn't trickery...it was lining up and dominating the front line. You had no answer. nova lined up three, and UNH ran right up the gut, blowing through your puny defenders like...well, you know. When you went with 4 lineman and tried to stop the bleeding in the middle, UNH simply used motion and crushed down on your DEs and flattened your smallish LBs around the edges, or simply held off your weak pass rush and abused your LBs and DBs. It was comical to watch. Your DC made moves, and their OC just adjusted each play and blew your people off the ball.

Watch your defenders...hands on hips, tired...completely beaten and demoralized. They were praying for the game to be over to end their suffering. They knew they couldn't stop UNH.

You may have watched the whole game, but you certainly didn't observe what was happening to your team.

HOT. KNIFE. THROUGH. BUTTER. :nod:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_DAQJRanVs[/youtube]

Riveting cinema - a better plot than the Transformers
:thumb:
vutomcat
Level2
Level2

Post by vutomcat »

Watch your defenders...hands on hips, tired...completely beaten and demoralized. They were praying for the game to be over to end their suffering. They knew they couldn't stop NOVA.

That description reminds me of Delaware in the 4th quarter against Nova where the CATS put up over SIX HUNDRED YARDS~~~! That is a hot knife through butter Cluck!!!
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

vutomcat wrote:

That description reminds me of Delaware in the 4th quarter against Nova where the CATS put up over SIX HUNDRED YARDS~~~! That is a hot knife through butter Cluck!!!
Actually, you aren't observant enough. You missed the part where our players were running around, looking as though they didn't know where they were supposed to be. That was, unfortunately, part of our game plan. :nod:

Even more unfortunate was the fact that our defensieve game plan was derived by a DC who had only 2 (two) winning seasons in his previous 17 (seventeen) seasons. <---- That is not a typo.

Your QB was quoted as saying our decision to change our defense resulted in him being able to score more easily. That was painfully clear to everyone but our Head Coach (Brock), our DC (Weaver)...and a few people who have been hit in the head too often (that may actually include Weaver, someone's checking on that).

So what you saw in the second half wasn't a defense that was getting tired and dominated while trying to attack and stop nova's offense...it was a defense that was trying to rush only three people while sitting back in a loose zone. Kerr was dominating your people up front...the rest of the team was way out of position to do anything productive. There is a difference. :nod:

vutomcat
Level2
Level2

Post by vutomcat »

Cluck U wrote:
vutomcat wrote:
So what you saw in the second half wasn't a defense that was getting tired and dominated while trying to attack and stop nova's offense...it was a defense that was trying to rush only three people while sitting back in a loose zone. Kerr was dominating your people up front...the rest of the team was way out of position to do anything productive. There is a difference. :nod:

Brock won more games in his first year than any other Hen coach. More than the legendary Tubby and KC.

Maybe it wasn't coaching? If you really paid attention, this was another Robertson masterpiece. To try to blame the entire collapse on the DC or Brock isn't really fair in my opinion. Most coaches would have loosened the defense in the same situation. Who would have thought Nova was capable of more than 600 yards and
34 that's THIRTY FOUR first downs. Let's give some credit to a very good young QB too.
UNHWildCats
Level4
Level4

Post by UNHWildCats »

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.c ... p-K9MRDvT8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

vutomcat wrote:

Brock won more games in his first year than any other Hen coach. More than the legendary Tubby and KC.

Maybe it wasn't coaching? If you really paid attention, this was another Robertson masterpiece. To try to blame the entire collapse on the DC or Brock isn't really fair in my opinion. Most coaches would have loosened the defense in the same situation. Who would have thought Nova was capable of more than 600 yards and
34 that's THIRTY FOUR first downs. Let's give some credit to a very good young QB too.
Stop the nonsense...Weaver screwed up...your QB said so. :nod:

You are not stupid enough to believe that you know more about the situation than Robertson, are you? :lol:

Maybe you are. :dunce:

And don't think nova's performance was anything special:

Maine racked up 62 points, over 600 yards, 30 first downs, 337 rushing (more than nova), and their QB was 18-27 with no picks.

Richmond's production was far, far better than nova's. 680 yards, 543 through the air, 35-46, 31 first downs, and 46 points.

Navy ran up 52 points, 589 yards, 352 on the ground, over 30 first downs, and their QB was 10-13.

All of that makes nova's and Robertson's 35 points seem rather pedestrian. :coffee:

And no, most coaches, with a lethal offense and a DC who surrenders yards faster than the French military, would not have gone conservative on offense and put the game in the defense's hands. :rofl: No way.

You see, most teams have a Defensive Coordinator. We, on the other hand, have a Defensieve Coordinator. And, despite one of the weakest schedule in Blue Hen history, we only won 7 games.

Hey, want an interesting factoid? Our DC, and his prevent defense, gave up scores in the last minute of the first half and/or game in the last four games. Towson TD with 26 seconds left in the half. W&M TD with 9 seconds left in the half. Richmond TD with 9 seconds left in the half. Richmond TD with 4 seconds left in the game. nova TD with 1:45 in the game, quickly followed by a nova FG with 1 second left.

Astonishing, but true. Prevent defense. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cluck U wrote:You see, most teams have a Defensive Coordinator. We, on the other hand, have a Defensieve Coordinator. And, despite one of the weakest schedule in Blue Hen history, we only won 7 games.

Hey, want an interesting factoid? Our DC, and his prevent defense, gave up scores in the last minute of the first half and/or game in the last four games. Towson TD with 26 seconds left in the half. W&M TD with 9 seconds left in the half. Richmond TD with 9 seconds left in the half. Richmond TD with 4 seconds left in the game. nova TD with 1:45 in the game, quickly followed by a nova FG with 1 second left.

Astonishing, but true. Prevent defense.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12