Coastal Carolina v. Montana

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Coastal Carolina v. Montana

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:I bet Missoula's Africa American population increased 10 fold when we came to town. :lol:

Ok, thanks for letting me gloat.
:ohno: :ohno:

There's a few "Africa Americans" on the Griz too... :| :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
putter
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by putter »

After the phantom "review" call, I would have tried the kick. What, a 30 yard FG from the middle of the field...this was about the same as the extra point where Worst was punching them straight thought all day.
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

putter wrote:After the phantom "review" call, I would have tried the kick. What, a 30 yard FG from the middle of the field...this was about the same as the extra point where Worst was punching them straight thought all day.
No. Griz were down 3 touchdowns in the second half at that point & it was only 4th. & 6.

The boos would've been noticeable on a FG try there, & justifiably so IMO.
clawman
I am a fan of: Eastern Eagles

Post by clawman »

It is interesting that Griz fans were confident the fan noise and cold would be a big advantage and as it turned out those elements either did not help or in fact hurt the Grizzlies
Griz
Cold- The Montana boys tried to defy the low temps which hurt their performance.
Noise- the cold kept a lot of fans away and when CCU took control of the game there wasn't any noise.
CCU
Cold- Coaches did a great job of preparing and educating to be prepared for what you can not change
Noise- There is nothing sweeter and motivating to the visiting team than silencing the home crowd.
My conclusion- The Grizzlies were defeated before the game even started just did not realize it.
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
John F Kennedy
http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brock Landers
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Things

Post by Brock Landers »

Honestly, that was probably the quietest playoff game I've ever been to.

And I think we have no-one to blame but ourselves. If you want to win playoff games, don't give up 42 points at home, or have a kicking game that is even remotely competent so you don't have to go for it on 4th down ten times. That "botched" call still left us with 1st and 10 inside the red zone

I don't usually call for coaches' heads, but some serious evaluation needs to be done on the job Gregorak has done putting together schemes the last two years...
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Brock Landers wrote:Honestly, that was probably the quietest playoff game I've ever been to.

And I think we have no-one to blame but ourselves. If you want to win playoff games, don't give up 42 points at home, or have a kicking game that is even remotely competent so you don't have to go for it on 4th down ten times. That "botched" call still left us with 1st and 10 inside the red zone

I don't usually call for coaches' heads, but some serious evaluation needs to be done on the job Gregorak has done putting together schemes the last two years...
Yup. Great job by Johnson and co. of keeping us in it, but you can't give up 3 TDs in 8 minutes and expect to win, even at home. :ohno:
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Grizalltheway wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:
I didn't see the game, but the box score makes it look like UM was throwing all over the place.
Don't have much choice but to throw it when you're down 42-21 going into the 4th. Johnson's INT was a huge momentum killer. :ohno:

His fault or not, he got pasted on that play while throwning.
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
His fault or not, he got pasted on that play while throwning.
Yeah, I cringed big time when that happened cause the hit caused the throw to float up high enough that someone in the first row probably could have jumped down and caught it.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

clawman wrote:It is interesting that Griz fans were confident the fan noise and cold would be a big advantage and as it turned out those elements either did not help or in fact hurt the Grizzlies
Griz
Cold- The Montana boys tried to defy the low temps which hurt their performance.
Noise- the cold kept a lot of fans away and when CCU took control of the game there wasn't any noise.
CCU
Cold- Coaches did a great job of preparing and educating to be prepared for what you can not change
Noise- There is nothing sweeter and motivating to the visiting team than silencing the home crowd.
My conclusion- The Grizzlies were defeated before the game even started just did not realize it.
Yep. At 20-25 degrees there's 4,000 more butts in the seats, the temp could still affect Coastal and our boys would have been used to it. They tried to "out-tough" Coastal and got stupid--which affected their performance big time.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12