DO YOU THINK THE EWU GATEWAY PROJECT WILL BE BUILT?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions

Yes, for sure
27%
Yes, IF there is state funding
13%
Yes, IF there is corperate naming rights
3%
Yes, BUT not in the next 10 years
20%
No, it wont get built. Why?
37%

Total votes: 30

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: DO YOU THINK THE EWU GATEWAY PROJECT WILL BE BUILT?

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Only 11 more conference championships in a row, 13 more playoff appearances, in a row, and six more national championship appearances and then and ONLY then will you be on Montana's level. :coffee:
Appearances... :rofl:

Moving to TX has got you sounding like a SHSU fan. :?
I'll remember this when some Ewoo marketing video pops up and mentions back-to-back semifinal appearances. :coffee:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

AZGrizFan wrote:
EWURanger wrote:One thing that's been stated in the past is that the program needs to stabilize attendance at around 10k per game to go forward. We're right around that number right now and word is that the 2014 season ticket sales will greatly surpass the 2013 mark which will also help that a great deal. I'm just getting tired of the "quiet phase" and am ready to see something happen.
What happens when Baldwin leaves? And he WILL leave...and the next coach isn't so successful? :coffee:
Who knows, but that's why improving facilities is so important to continued success. And for what it's worth, I doubt Baldwin is going anywhere but a Pac-12 school. Also, nobody KNOWS that he's leaving. He's not like a coach at Montana who takes a job at a crap MWC school after a few succesful years.
Brock Landers
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Things

Post by Brock Landers »

EWURanger wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
What happens when Baldwin leaves? And he WILL leave...and the next coach isn't so successful? :coffee:
Who knows, but that's why improving facilities is so important to continued success. And for what it's worth, I doubt Baldwin is going anywhere but a Pac-12 school. Also, nobody KNOWS that he's leaving. He's not like a coach at Montana who takes a job at a crap MWC school after a few succesful years.
That's what NDSU fans said

Actually, that's what EVERYONE says
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

EWURanger wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
:lol:

OK. I'll bet you a hundred dollars that when he DOES leave, it won't be to a Pac-12 school. Or one of the Big 5 conferences.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Only 11 more conference championships in a row, 13 more playoff appearances, in a row, and six more national championship appearances and then and ONLY then will you be on Montana's level. :coffee:

Yes, appearances. As you have found out (rather painfully) as an EWU fan, even GETTING to the NC game is quite a challenge. But, since we all know EWU won't win 13 conference championships in a row, won't appear in the playoffs 17 years straight, and won't make 7 NC appearances in our LIFETIMES, then we all agree EWU will NEVER reach UM's level. :thumb: :nod: :kisswink:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

AZGrizFan wrote:
EWURanger wrote:
:lol:

OK. I'll bet you a hundred dollars that when he DOES leave, it won't be to a Pac-12 school. Or one of the Big 5 conferences.
Wulff did, and Baldwin has a better resume'. Dont get mad bc Bobby Hauck is rotting away at UNLV. :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

Yes, appearances. As you have found out (rather painfully) as an EWU fan, even GETTING to the NC game is quite a challenge. But, since we all know EWU won't win 13 conference championships in a row, won't appear in the playoffs 17 years straight, and won't make 7 NC appearances in our LIFETIMES, then we all agree EWU will NEVER reach UM's level. :thumb: :nod: :kisswink:
Montana's "level" is 2 National Championships. When EWU gets another one........ ;)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol:

Wulff did, and Baldwin has a better resume'. Dont get mad bc Bobby Hauck is rotting away at UNLV. :coffee:
:lol: Yeah, Wulff did...then proceeded to shit the bed at WSU, and fuck over every other BSC coach trying to move up to pac-12 level football....ain't no other school in that conference gonna make THAT mistake again.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Montana's "level" is 2 National Championships. When EWU gets another one........ ;)
When. That's funny. It's IF, my friend...and that's a big IF. :nod: :nod:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

AZGrizFan wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:
:lol: Yeah, Wulff did...then proceeded to **** the bed at WSU, and **** over every other BSC coach trying to move up to pac-12 level football....ain't no other school in that conference gonna make THAT mistake again.
Wulff didn't do too bad for himself; looks like he'll be coaching again at USF. He was in a bad position at WSU. They used their TV revenue from the Pac-12 network to "upgrade" coaches...no way they would have been able to do it otherwise and Wulff probably would have been at WSU for another year or two.

Also, Booby hasn't exactly been lighting it up at UNLV.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

BlackFalkin wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol:

Saying Wazzu is Pac-12 is like saying Idaho is FBS. :coffee:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:

Doesnt really corespond bc Wazzu is in the Pac for good. They arent going anywhere. Dont let their stadium size fool you.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

EWURanger wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
:lol: Yeah, Wulff did...then proceeded to **** the bed at WSU, and **** over every other BSC coach trying to move up to pac-12 level football....ain't no other school in that conference gonna make THAT mistake again.
Wulff didn't do too bad for himself; looks like he'll be coaching again at USF. He was in a bad position at WSU. They used their TV revenue from the Pac-12 network to "upgrade" coaches...no way they would have been able to do it otherwise and Wulff probably would have been at WSU for another year or two.

UNLV was MUCH more of a train wreck than WSU ever was or will be.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

AZGrizFan wrote:
EWURanger wrote:

Consider the conference bud. The Pac 12 is much harder to go from worst to first.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

BlackFalkin wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Doesnt really corespond bc Wazzu is in the Pac for good. They arent going anywhere. Dont let their stadium size fool you.
I know they're not going anywhere, but they don't really belong either.

Wazzu has roughly the smallest athletic budget in the Pac-12 (they're close to Utah's), and by far the smallest of the previous members of the Pac-10. They're in a city of about 31,000 (less than half the size of Missoula) in a relatively sparse area and a full 75 miles away from Spokane, which isn't exactly a massive city itself. When Paul Wulff (who's a good coach) was hired, I believe he was easily the lowest payed coach in the conference. A Pac-12 school is only going to grab a Big Sky guy as a head coach on the cheap, and even that is low probability.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BlackFalkin wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Consider the conference bud. The Pac 12 is much harder to go from worst to first.
Not necessarily true, given the different levels of competition. WSU was relevant way more recently than UNLV ever was.

ANd you need to get off Wulff's dick...he was 9-40 in 4 years there. A winning percentage of .183. That is the worst record EVER in WSU history, by a country mile. He was in so far over his head it was frightening...hell, he took over for a guy who went 30-29 and got FIRED for it.
clawman
I am a fan of: Eastern Eagles

Post by clawman »

I doubt it will get built under the current funding plan. They are "hoping" a local whale will step up. I will be surprised if he comes through.
As far as capacity, the incremental seats over 12k are much less expensive per seat than the first 12k. Cutting back 25% of the seats does not cut overall costs by 25%. It would be short sighted to not built to this level. Build it and they will come.
As far as the 60m cost, given what construction costs have done in the last 12 mos, the project cost have probably went up by 10% in the last year.
IMHO the Geteway needs to be sold as a multi use facility not just a football stadium. If they had concerts, tractor pulls, Monster trucks, etc. it would be a 3 season facility that would benefit the campus, and the city.
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
John F Kennedy
http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

You're probably right and I'm not sure anyone is honestly disputing Montana's historical record. :notworthy:

But we all know where the class of the conference has resided over the past 4 years.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:
Not necessarily true, given the different levels of competition. WSU was relevant way more recently than UNLV ever was.

ANd you need to get off Wulff's dick...he was 9-40 in 4 years there. A winning percentage of .183. That is the worst record EVER in WSU history, by a country mile. He was in so far over his head it was frightening...hell, he took over for a guy who went 30-29 and got FIRED for it.
Doba lived off of Price's recruits the first couple of years. He left Wulff with no seniors on the roster, very few juniors, and a bunch of sub-Pac 10 athletes, many of which didn't end up on the team.

It's pretty damn hard to find a more bare cupboard than what Wulff faced at WSU.

That being said, how did hiring an OC from New Hampshire work out for Oregon? How about Tressel? It can be hit an miss making the jump from FCS, but I agree with Ranger on this one. Baldwin has a great group of coaches surrounding him, and I think he wants to be very smart with his next move and come into a situation where he can succeed. If that means sticking around Cheney for a few more years and competing for more National Championships, that only improves his value.
ewufan

Post by ewufan »

Well said kalm. WSU was in *terrible* shape and Grampa Doba left the program in shambles. I can see why Wulff took the job due to his ties as a WSU alum, but aside from that it was probably the worst FBS coaching job in the nation.

UM fans can keep wishing all they want for Baldwin to leave and yes, he definitely will at some point. But EWU was a fairly successful program by the end of Wulff's run, and Baldwin took it a step further. The next coach will likely inherit a program that isn't in need of rebuilding. That luxury has allowed UM to stay competitive despite their string of terrible coaches (according to their fanbase).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

ewufan wrote:Well said kalm. WSU was in *terrible* shape and Grampa Doba left the program in shambles. I can see why Wulff took the job due to his ties as a WSU alum, but aside from that it was probably the worst FBS coaching job in the nation.

UM fans can keep wishing all they want for Baldwin to leave and yes, he definitely will at some point. But EWU was a fairly successful program by the end of Wulff's run, and Baldwin took it a step further. The next coach will likely inherit a program that isn't in need of rebuilding. That luxury has allowed UM to stay competitive despite their string of terrible coaches (according to their fanbase).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :ohno: :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Doba lived off of Price's recruits the first couple of years. He left Wulff with no seniors on the roster, very few juniors, and a bunch of sub-Pac 10 athletes, many of which didn't end up on the team.

It's pretty damn hard to find a more bare cupboard than what Wulff faced at WSU.

That being said, how did hiring an OC from New Hampshire work out for Oregon? How about Tressel? It can be hit an miss making the jump from FCS, but I agree with Ranger on this one. Baldwin has a great group of coaches surrounding him, and I think he wants to be very smart with his next move and come into a situation where he can succeed. If that means sticking around Cheney for a few more years and competing for more National Championships, that only improves his value.
Your lips are moving but all I hear is "yada yada yada"....EVERY coach ALWAYS leaves the cupboard bare....it's the oldest line in the book... :roll: :roll:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Your lips are moving but all I hear is "yada yada yada"....EVERY coach ALWAYS leaves the cupboard bare....it's the oldest line in the book... :roll: :roll:
Sure they do...it's always the same...yada, yada, yada.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

ewufan wrote:Well said kalm. WSU was in *terrible* shape and Grampa Doba left the program in shambles. I can see why Wulff took the job due to his ties as a WSU alum, but aside from that it was probably the worst FBS coaching job in the nation.

Exactly this.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Based on the news this week the answer is fuck no

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk