Football Championship Subdivision discussions
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

PlayOff Ticket Prices

Post by polsongrizz »

Are Montana's prices always the highest? I am looking at the prices for this weekends game in cheney at $25. I looked at the prices at all of the other games for next weekend and they are anywhere from $10-20.
I will assume the only reason they are $25 in cheney is because of the Griz.
Our tickets this past weekend were $35.
For some reason I thought every game was the same price set by the ncaa, obviously not. :dunce:
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: PlayOff Ticket Prices

Post by 93henfan »

polsongrizz wrote:Are Montana's prices always the highest? I am looking at the prices for this weekends game in cheney at $25. I looked at the prices at all of the other games for next weekend and they are anywhere from $10-20.
For some reason I thought every game was the same price set by the ncaa, obviously not. :dunce:
You're paying for the sacred unicorn blood that was used in the concrete casting of Washington Grizzly Stadium.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Bison Prices

Reserved Sideline $40
Reserved End Zone $30
Adult Standing Room $18
Youth Standing Room (17 & under) $10
NDSU Students with valid NDSU ID $ 5
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
polsongrizz wrote:Are Montana's prices always the highest? I am looking at the prices for this weekends game in cheney at $25. I looked at the prices at all of the other games for next weekend and they are anywhere from $10-20.
You're paying for the sacred unicorn blood that was used in the concrete casting of Washington Grizzly Stadium.
Makes sense. Tampon blood is cheaper and more abundant that unicorn blood.
TribeFanInNC
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: William & Mary Tribe

Post by TribeFanInNC »

Had W&M made the playoffs, tickets would have been $15 to $30. I was happy to see student section tickets were just a dollar.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Makes sense. Tampon blood is cheaper and more abundant that unicorn blood.
The inferno was dyed with unicorn menstruation…so suck it! :coffee:

My understanding is no temp seating is allowed during the playoffs, so that means 8700 seats available minus approx. 6000 season tickets (IIRC) and students. I'm guessing it's sold out.

We should be charging double to anyone with a Montana zip code for the honor of seeing the Griz lose twice in that majestic stadium. :tothehand:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Makes sense. Tampon blood is cheaper and more abundant that unicorn blood.

My understanding is no temp seating is allowed during the playoffs, so that means 8700 seats available minus approx. 6000 season tickets (IIRC) and students. I'm guessing it's sold out.

We should be charging double to anyone with a Montana zip code for the honor of seeing the Griz lose twice in that majestic stadium. :tothehand:
Mini-stadiums FTW!

Delaware's real attendance lately (not the bullshit we report) would probably fit in your mini-stadium for all non-homecoming and non-parent's day games.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

*mini-stadia....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SuperHornet wrote:*mini-stadia....
In your FACE!

http://grammarist.com/usage/stadiums-stadia/
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

I believe there's some sort of rule about not charging less for playoff games than what you were charging in the regular season.
grizfnz
Level2
Level2

Post by grizfnz »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
I believe there's some sort of rule about not charging less for playoff games than what you were charging in the regular season.
That is the rule.
SENOREIDA
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by SENOREIDA »

Free for CCU students. lower level tickets $15 and upper level tickets $30. Might be the other way around. Part-time students is $5 and guest tickets for students is $15.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SENOREIDA wrote:Free for CCU students. lower level tickets $15 and upper level tickets $30. Might be the other way around. Part-time students is $5 and guest tickets for students is $15.
Students can't get in for free
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Makes sense. Tampon blood is cheaper and more abundant that unicorn blood.

:lol:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:My understanding is no temp seating is allowed during the playoffs, so that means 8700 seats available minus approx. 6000 season tickets (IIRC) and students. I'm guessing it's sold out.
Season ticket holders have to re-buy for each playoff game, though. Those seats go up for general sale otherwise. Student tickets also can't be free for playoff games as mentioned above.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
kalm wrote:My understanding is no temp seating is allowed during the playoffs, so that means 8700 seats available minus approx. 6000 season tickets (IIRC) and students. I'm guessing it's sold out.
Season ticket holders have to re-buy for each playoff game, though. Those seats go up for general sale otherwise. Student tickets also can't be free for playoff games as mentioned above.
Correct.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

clenz wrote:
SENOREIDA wrote:Free for CCU students. lower level tickets $15 and upper level tickets $30. Might be the other way around. Part-time students is $5 and guest tickets for students is $15.
Students can't get in for free
Why's that, clenzy? Even if there's a "minimum charge" the NCAA sets, what's to prevent CCU from eating that cost out of the school's budget?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Here's an interesting article. It seems contradictory on the subject (see items in bold).

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/27470800/ut ... tball-game
CHATTANOOGA, TN (GoMocs.com) -- By now, everyone knows that the Southern Conference Champion Chattanooga Mocs are in the FCS Playoffs and host a second round game on Saturday, Dec. 6 at Finley Stadium. As customary with all NCAA postseason events, students have to purchase tickets to the game.

The UTC student rate is $5 per ticket with a valid Mocs Card. Tickets are on sale now at the UTC Ticket Office in McKenzie Arena. Student Tickets have to be purchased at the Ticket Office, or on game day, because the valid ID is required.

The Chancellor's Office has generously bought a number of tickets for UTC students. These will be distributed at various athletics events leading up to the Playoff game, while they last.

The first chance for students to get a free ticket
is at tonight's women's basketball game vs. Austin Peay. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. for the 6:00 p.m. tipoff against the Lady Govs. An announcement will be made during the game on how to get your Playoff tickets, and if they are all given out tonight, it could be your only chance to get a FREE one.

All other tickets are still available on GoMocs.com or at the UTC Ticket Office.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

So, student tickets must be paid for, but the school can pay for them and give them to students for free apparently.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

93henfan wrote:So, student tickets must be paid for, but the school can pay for them and give them to students for free apparently.
This.

Student tickets aren't free.

Some schools charge for them others buy them.

Either way it's not free
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

In 2010, Eastern was approaching businesses about buying a block of tickets to give to local high school kids for the semifinal game at a reduced rate.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

kalm wrote:In 2010, Eastern was approaching businesses about buying a block of tickets to give to local high school kids for the semifinal game at a reduced rate.
still had to be at the price of the lowest priced regular season game.

Schools also cant' charge less than that.

It's why UNI has at least one 10 or 15 dollar game during the season