Big Sky Predictions - Week 2

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 2

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 35-27 Yunie — The Panthers lost to Iowa State by more than the Eags lost to Oregon :?

Cal Poly 17-41 Arizona St.Upsetting Montana and Arizona State seems a bit much

SoDak 24-27 DavisJoe Glenn hasn't won in California since 2001

Sac State 10-45 UDubThe Huskies shut down Boise in a surprisingly close loss

Portland St. 35-38 Idaho St.The Big Sky opener will be a barnburner in the barn

Suutah 13-30 SoDak St.Last week was back to 2013 for the T-Birds: all defense, no offense

Weber 10-35 NoDak St.The Bison hoist the banner & try to forget about August 29th.

NM Highlands 14-58 NAUThe 'Jacks won this matchup last year 62-23

NoCo 28-35 Houston BaptistOn the plus side, the Bear defense can't play any worse than last week

Drake 13-34 NoDakI still doubt UND is truly a contender, but they don't need to be to win this one
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 2

Post by dbackjon »

EWU over UNI

ASU over Poly

Davis over So Dak

Washington over the Hornets

Idaho State at home over the vikings

SDSU over SUU

NDSU over WSU

NAU over NMHU

UNC over HBU

Flickertails over the Relays
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWU > UNI - Good game, but EWU will win by two TD or less.

CP > AZ State - My favorite male QB may have nearly won the Heismann at AZ State, but the way they looked against the ATMs compared to how CP handled the team that beat the 4-time defending D-I national champions just one week before makes me wonder about this one. This is SH's 5-star upset special this week....

UCD > USD - The Manure Pile seems to be doing some good things this year, and they're at home. They won't win Causeway...but this isn't Causeway....

Sac State > UW - Sac has a history of taking out Pac-12 bottom feeders, and UW seems to be stuck in a rut.

PSU > ISU - And this one won't even be close. Vikes by 5 TDs.

SD State > SUU - SUU can't handle much of anyone from the MVFC....

NDSU > BBQ - Bizon out to redeem their season....

NAU > NMHU - SH's former teammate is the guy who started the NMHU turnaround, but he's long gone (now with the soon-to-be LA Rams). Look for the Lumberjacks to win by 6 TDs...if the coach doesn't shut it down early.

UNC > Houston Baptist - UNC hasn't done anything in football since moving up, but Houston Baptist isn't Abilene, either. HBU and IWU should have stayed in D-II....

UND > Drake - A FBS win bodes well for the Sioux in this one. They won't start their inevitable swoon until the Conference season starts.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
biobengal
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Bengals... Black Bears

Post by biobengal »

SuperHornet wrote: PSU > ISU - And this one won't even be close. Vikes by 5 TDs.
PSU may be better this year, time will tell, but the first game is often an aberration. I expect PSU to be decent on defense and ISU will have fits containing the QB keeper. That said, why do you expect this one to be such a blow out?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

biobengal wrote:
SuperHornet wrote: PSU > ISU - And this one won't even be close. Vikes by 5 TDs.
PSU may be better this year, time will tell, but the first game is often an aberration. I expect PSU to be decent on defense and ISU will have fits containing the QB keeper. That said, why do you expect this one to be such a blow out?
You're asking the person who predicts a Montana/Liberty chipper EVERY year and thinks Danny White should start for the Cowboys.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Grizalltheway wrote:
biobengal wrote:
You're asking the person who predicts a Montana/Liberty chipper EVERY year and thinks Danny White should start for the Cowboys.
:lol: I love when people respond to they seriously. I mean wtf? :lol:

EWU
ASU
UDub
dungpile
PSU (going with the upset)
SDSU
NDSU
NAU
HBU (would have went with UNC if they were hosting)
UND
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

[quote="dbackjon"]EWU over UNI

ASU over Poly

Davis over So Dak

Washington over the Hornets

Idaho State at home big over the vikings

SDSU over SUU

NDSU over WSU

NAU over NMHU

HBU over UNC

Corrected it
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote: CP > AZ State - My favorite male QB may have nearly won the Heismann at AZ State, but the way they looked against the ATMs compared to how CP handled the team that beat the 4-time defending D-I national champions just one week before makes me wonder about this one. This is SH's 5-star upset special this week....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
SuperHornet wrote: CP > AZ State - My favorite male QB may have nearly won the Heismann at AZ State, but the way they looked against the ATMs compared to how CP handled the team that beat the 4-time defending D-I national champions just one week before makes me wonder about this one. This is SH's 5-star upset special this week....
Image Image Image :dunce:
Yeah, I see ASU putting a beatdown on CP after getting stomped against A&M.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

8-5 so far in this young season. Not a great start considering I need to build a cushion before conference season.

CP at Arizona State---Given the relative success the conference had against the Pac-12 last week, the Mustangs don't need to win this one, but they should keep it somewhat close...Arizona State 35, CP 20.

EWU at Northern Iowa---On the road, at home, who's playing, who's quarterbacking, who's coaching, who's staying, who's playing who (what?). Does it really matter?...EWU 38, Northern Iowa 35.

Drake at UND---The Dakotans defense showed what they can do against a mediocre FBS team. What do you think they can do against a mildly mediocre FCS team?...UND 32, Drake 3.

New Mexico Highlands at NAU---Home opener for the Lumberjacks, fresh off their win on the road. This time, playing a DII. Great start for the Lumberjacks...NAU 42, New Mexico Highlands 14.

UNC at Houston Baptist---The Bears got their win last week against a DII team to earn a rather respectable looking 1-0 start. Can they get the second win? Maybe, but not here...Houston Baptist 35, UNC 28.

PSU at ISU---With the Vikings beating Washington State last week and the Bengals taking care of business against a DII, this game has become more interesting than before...PSU 38, ISU 35.

SAC at Washington---Similar to the CP/ASU game, give the relative success of the conference against the Pac-12 NORTH, the Hornets have some big shoes to follow...Washington 31, SAC 27.

SUU at South Dakota State---The Thunderbirds defense showed they will keep the team in games until the offense comes around. They would want some offense in this game...South Dakota State 21, SUU 17.

South Dakota at UCD---The Aggies bring in a relatively easy opponent from the nasty Missouri Valley conference. Well, as easy as they could find in that conference...South Dakota 21, UCD 12.

WSU at North Dakota State---The Wildcats defense looked really good against a Pac-12 offense. But the offense is still AWOL and North Dakota State is upset with a loss to Montana...North Dakota State 24, WSU 7.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

EWU 38 UNI 28

CPSLO 24 ASU 42

USD 24 UC Davis 27

CSUS 17 UW 48

PSU 31 ISU 35

SUU 14 SDSU 34

Weber 17 NDSU 38

NM Highlands 7 NAU 48

UNC 28 HBU 21

Drake 10 UND 31
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Just came to eat crow, ISU looked terrible today, major QB issues, and looked like a team good for 4-6 wins this year instead of the great year I imagined
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Jjoey52 wrote:Just came to eat crow, ISU looked terrible today, major QB issues, and looked like a team good for 4-6 wins this year instead of the great year I imagined
If I may, you guys will be fine. This was your first DI game. Your QB will come around just fine. Your guys listen to Kramer and the coaching staff, you will be dangerous by mid October when things really matter. I felt better facing your guys now than coming in here in October. You still have the makings of a great football team.
SloStang
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Post by SloStang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Image Image Image :dunce:
Yeah, I see ASU putting a beatdown on CP after getting stomped against A&M.
They beat Cal Poly, but we made them sweat. 21-21 late into the 4th quarter before ASU pulls away to win 35-21.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SloStang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Yeah, I see ASU putting a beatdown on CP after getting stomped against A&M.
They beat Cal Poly, but we made them sweat. 21-21 late into the 4th quarter before ASU pulls away to win 35-21.
Great game, Poly. Another strong showing by a Big Skjy school against the Pac-12.

Poly, PSU, EWU and even Weber need to tell Sac State how to play against the Pac-12.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:8-5 so far in this young season. Not a great start considering I need to build a cushion before conference season.

CP at Arizona State---Given the relative success the conference had against the Pac-12 last week, the Mustangs don't need to win this one, but they should keep it somewhat close...Arizona State 35, CP 20.

EWU at Northern Iowa---On the road, at home, who's playing, who's quarterbacking, who's coaching, who's staying, who's playing who (what?). Does it really matter?...EWU 38, Northern Iowa 35.

Drake at UND---The Dakotans defense showed what they can do against a mediocre FBS team. What do you think they can do against a mildly mediocre FCS team?...UND 32, Drake 3.

New Mexico Highlands at NAU---Home opener for the Lumberjacks, fresh off their win on the road. This time, playing a DII. Great start for the Lumberjacks...NAU 42, New Mexico Highlands 14.

UNC at Houston Baptist---The Bears got their win last week against a DII team to earn a rather respectable looking 1-0 start. Can they get the second win? Maybe, but not here...Houston Baptist 35, UNC 28.

PSU at ISU---With the Vikings beating Washington State last week and the Bengals taking care of business against a DII, this game has become more interesting than before...PSU 38, ISU 35.

SAC at Washington---Similar to the CP/ASU game, give the relative success of the conference against the Pac-12 NORTH, the Hornets have some big shoes to follow...Washington 31, SAC 27.

SUU at South Dakota State---The Thunderbirds defense showed they will keep the team in games until the offense comes around. They would want some offense in this game...South Dakota State 21, SUU 17.

South Dakota at UCD---The Aggies bring in a relatively easy opponent from the nasty Missouri Valley conference. Well, as easy as they could find in that conference...South Dakota 21, UCD 12.

WSU at North Dakota State---The Wildcats defense looked really good against a Pac-12 offense. But the offense is still AWOL and North Dakota State is upset with a loss to Montana...North Dakota State 24, WSU 7.
8-2 this week, 16-7 overall. Need a stronger showing next week.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote:
JALMOND wrote:8-5 so far in this young season. Not a great start considering I need to build a cushion before conference season.

GOod call on the PSU/ISU game...and you had the EWU/UNI score right, just backwards!
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Jjoey52 wrote:Just came to eat crow, ISU looked terrible today, major QB issues, and looked like a team good for 4-6 wins this year instead of the great year I imagined
If they play like they did today, they'll struggle to get 3 more wins, let alone 5 more.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
GOod call on the PSU/ISU game...and you had the EWU/UNI score right, just backwards!
When all was done on the CP/ASU game, I almost got that right, too.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SloStang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Yeah, I see ASU putting a beatdown on CP after getting stomped against A&M.
That you guys did. Proved me wrong.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

So it wasn't exactly 5 TDs...I got a little excited. How many of you figured PSU would beat ISU by more than a FG?

:dunce:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SuperHornet wrote:So it wasn't exactly 5 TDs...I got a little excited. How many of you figured PSU would beat ISU by more than a FG?

How many actually thought PSU would win at ISU? :lol:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

JALMOND wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:So it wasn't exactly 5 TDs...I got a little excited. How many of you figured PSU would beat ISU by more than a FG?

I wasn't surprised they won, just the margin of victory. :thumb:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

I have never seen as good a kicker/punter as PSU has.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

JALMOND wrote:

Totally picked that one right. Went perfect in the Big Sky Challenge this week. :coffee: