Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 4

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 45-24 Sac State — Looks like a definite rebuilding year for the Hornets

NAU 20-30 MontanaThe Griz won't remind us of Dickenson & co. this Saturday, but they will win

Cal Poly 41-39 Montana St. — The Bobcat defense may as well not have been on the field last week

Weber 28-24 NoCo — The Wildcats have a reasonable chance of going 5-3 in conference

Davis 24-27 NoDakSince the Wyoming upset, the No-Nicks have looked identical to last year

Woah-regon 14-42 Portland St.If PSU's early wins were flukes, we won't know for a few weeks

Idaho St. 21-37 UNLVThe No-so-Runnin' Rebels get their first post-Hauck win

Brevard 6-55 SuutahSUU feasts on a winless DII option team that averages 2.4 yards-per-carry
ajwildcat
I am a fan of: Weber State

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 4

Post by ajwildcat »

EWU 55- Sac State 17—Is there really any doubt in this one?

NAU 21- Montana 32 — The Griz don't lose at home often.

Cal Poly 41- Montana St. 49 — Have to give the nod to the home team

Weber 28- NoCo 17— The Bears look sick this season(not in a good way either)

Davis 24- NoDak 27— Traveling 2 time zones will be too much for the aggies

West Oregon 14- Portland St. 49— :roll:

Idaho St. 24- UNLV 21— Would it really be considered an upset to beat a team who hasn't won in almost a calendar year?

Brevard 6- SUU 55- The local frat boys get to sub in at halftime :roll: :roll:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

ajwildcat wrote:EWU 55- Sac State 17—Is there really any doubt in this one?

Idaho St. 24- UNLV 21— Would it really be considered an upset to beat a team who hasn't won in almost a calendar year?

Why are you rolling your eyes?
ajwildcat
I am a fan of: Weber State

Post by ajwildcat »

kalm wrote:
ajwildcat wrote:EWU 55- Sac State 17—Is there really any doubt in this one?

Maybe it has something to do with playing CupCakes in week 4 for hells sakes.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

ajwildcat wrote:
kalm wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with playing CupCakes in week 4 for hells sakes.
Not sure what week 4 has to with it but SUU is playing a perfect FCS schedule: winnable FBS opponent, solid FCS, and a DII to heal / work on things. PSU has the two FBS but already got by one.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

ajwildcat wrote: Idaho St. 24- UNLV 21— Would it really be considered an upset to beat a team who hasn't won in almost a calendar year?
Their three losses this year are to Northern Ill, UCLA and Michigan. ISU lost to Portland State.

I think I'll take UNLV in this one.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
ajwildcat wrote: Idaho St. 24- UNLV 21— Would it really be considered an upset to beat a team who hasn't won in almost a calendar year?
Their three losses this year are to Northern Ill, UCLA and Michigan. ISU lost to Portland State.

I think I'll take UNLV in this one.

:+1:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

EWU

NAU

Cal Poly

Weber

Davis

PSU

UNLV

SUU
:thumb:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

23-9 heading in to this weekend. Here is my quest for perfection, as well as some predictions for the games I will be at this weekend.

CP at MSU---The Bobcats do have a potent offense, but they will need to find some defense to stop the Mustangs. Hint, the Mustangs are going to run, and run, and run, and...CP 42, MSU 35.

EWU at SAC---The Eagles are making a habit of trying to outscore everyone instead of playing defense. It may not work all the time, but it should be fine against the reeling Hornets...EWU 51, SAC 21.

ISU at Nevada-Las Vegas---The Bengals have turned into a huge mystery this season. UNLV is not as good as Boise State is, but the Bengals still may be searching for answers...Nevada-Las Vegas 31, ISU 14.

NAU at UM---The Grizzlies are looking to recapture their glory after taking it on the chin last week, matching up with the Lumberjacks who may still be wondering what happened...UM 38, NAU 28.

Western Oregon at PSU---Some may be wondering just how good the Vikings are, but so far they've looked dangerous and a DII team should not slow them down...PSU 52, Western Oregon 7.

Brevard at SUU---Defense has been the calling card for the Thunderbirds and the offense has been rather slow to arrive, but it should arrive for this game...SUU 28, Brevard 7.

UCD at UND---The Aggies folded up shop in the second half while the Dakotans fell mightily at their in state rival. This game may come down to who is still nursing a hangover...UND 24, UCD 21.

WSU at UNC---Quietly, the Wildcats have been looking better and better as the season has gone on, the Bears have gone rather downhill facing their conference foes...WSU 30, UNC 10.

The games I'll be attending...

Stanford at Oregon State---Beavers will find out the Cardinal are not as forgiving as San Jose State...Stanford 38, Oregon State 13.
Rocky Mountain at Eastern Oregon---Bears will rebound after a tough loss last week to get a strong win over the Mountaineers on the road...Rocky Mountain 38, Eastern Oregon 33.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CP
EWU
UNLV
UM
PSU
SUU
UND
WSU
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Hopefully Bengals are in desperation mode and pull out the win.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

EWU - If Eastern's defense doesn't show a glimmer of respectability in this game, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Montana - Should be a close game. Montana has looked fairly hapless on offense recently, and the backup QB didn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the Liberty game. Still, NAU looks pretty bad and Montana should win at home.

MSU - Tough one. MSU doesn't have any defense, but I think Cal Poly's offense won't be good enough to keep up with Prukop and company.

Weber St - It's hard to imagine that UNC is consistently so bad.

UC Davis - Toss-up, I'll take Davis.

PSU - Not sold on PSU yet, but this game will never be close.

UNLV - Won't be close.

SUU - Yep.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

EWURanger wrote:EWU - If Eastern's defense doesn't show a glimmer of respectability in this game, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Montana - Should be a close game. Montana has looked fairly hapless on offense recently, and the backup QB didn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the Liberty game. Still, NAU looks pretty bad and Montana should win at home.

MSU - Tough one. MSU doesn't have any defense, but I think Cal Poly's offense won't be good enough to keep up with Prukop and company.

UNLV - Won't be close.

SUU - Yep.
Keep in mind, you're comparing MSU's offense vs EWU's defense. Not Cal Poly's. Gonna be a bit of a difference...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

AZGrizFan wrote:
EWURanger wrote:EWU - If Eastern's defense doesn't show a glimmer of respectability in this game, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

UNLV - Won't be close.

SUU - Yep.
Keep in mind, you're comparing MSU's offense vs EWU's defense. Not Cal Poly's. Gonna be a bit of a difference...
Yeah, it's a tough one to call...not sure I was comparing anything, though, as the EWU/MSU game and Poly/MSU games will be apples and oranges. MSU still has a good offense, though, and I'd be surprised if Cal Poly shuts that down. Cal Poly is decent defensively, but very one-dimensional on offense.

The difference in this one, besides the fact that MSU will be playing a better defense, is that the Mustangs aren't going to attack the field vertically the way EWU did against them. MSU tried to shut down the run and ended up giving up a lot of big plays. Poly, while difficult to prepare for, isn't going to pose that kind of threat and MSU should look a lot better defensively than they did against EWU.

MSU is also a more balanced offense than Cal Poly, so I'll stick with my prediction.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Yup. If our offense can't show signs of life against EWU's defense, we can write off the rest of the season. :|
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

AZGrizFan wrote:

UNLV - Won't be close.

SUU - Yep.
38 points for MSU with about 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Hmmm...
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWURanger wrote:38 points for MSU with about 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Hmmm...
It seems the loss of Chris Fletcher is really hurting the 'Stangs. Their D has looked noticeably worse the last 2 weeks.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

ISU looks like they won't win another game, down 73-8 to UNLV after 3. How can a team go to crap so quickly???!!!!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Jjoey52 wrote:ISU looks like they won't win another game, down 73-8 to UNLV after 3. How can a team go to crap so quickly???!!!!
Looks like that Sac-ISU matchup next month is going to be for all the marbles. :D
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

UNLV - Won't be close.

SUU - Yep.
Missed the Davis/UND game.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

EWURanger wrote:

UNLV - Won't be close.

SUU - Yep.
The dungpilers suck really bad this year...worse than us. Not sure why you picked them on the road against an improved UND program.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

SDHornet wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:ISU looks like they won't win another game, down 73-8 to UNLV after 3. How can a team go to crap so quickly???!!!!
Looks like that Sac-ISU matchup next month is going to be for all the marbles.

Won't even be close, at this point I don't think Bengals could beat N Colorado
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

SDHornet wrote:
EWURanger wrote:
The dungpilers suck really bad this year...worse than us. Not sure why you picked them on the road against an improved UND program.
I thought they'd be a little better this year. As for UND, my opinion of them is probably skewed somewhat from the 55-3 beat down we gave them in Cheney last year. It's hard for me to imagine that they've improved that much in one year, but they have looked better this season.

As for EWU, not sure what to say about that game last night. The good news is that we played probably the worst half of football I've seen in a long time, with anything and everything not going our way, and still found a way to win it. Starting the game missing 10 starters and losing 3 more during didn't help much, either. We'll use the bye to get some guys healthy and I imagine in two weeks we'll play much better against Cal Poly at home.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:23-9 heading in to this weekend. Here is my quest for perfection, as well as some predictions for the games I will be at this weekend.

CP at MSU---The Bobcats do have a potent offense, but they will need to find some defense to stop the Mustangs. Hint, the Mustangs are going to run, and run, and run, and...CP 42, MSU 35.

EWU at SAC---The Eagles are making a habit of trying to outscore everyone instead of playing defense. It may not work all the time, but it should be fine against the reeling Hornets...EWU 51, SAC 21.

ISU at Nevada-Las Vegas---The Bengals have turned into a huge mystery this season. UNLV is not as good as Boise State is, but the Bengals still may be searching for answers...Nevada-Las Vegas 31, ISU 14.

NAU at UM---The Grizzlies are looking to recapture their glory after taking it on the chin last week, matching up with the Lumberjacks who may still be wondering what happened...UM 38, NAU 28.

Western Oregon at PSU---Some may be wondering just how good the Vikings are, but so far they've looked dangerous and a DII team should not slow them down...PSU 52, Western Oregon 7.

Brevard at SUU---Defense has been the calling card for the Thunderbirds and the offense has been rather slow to arrive, but it should arrive for this game...SUU 28, Brevard 7.

UCD at UND---The Aggies folded up shop in the second half while the Dakotans fell mightily at their in state rival. This game may come down to who is still nursing a hangover...UND 24, UCD 21.

WSU at UNC---Quietly, the Wildcats have been looking better and better as the season has gone on, the Bears have gone rather downhill facing their conference foes...WSU 30, UNC 10.

The games I'll be attending...

Stanford at Oregon State---Beavers will find out the Cardinal are not as forgiving as San Jose State...Stanford 38, Oregon State 13.
Rocky Mountain at Eastern Oregon---Bears will rebound after a tough loss last week to get a strong win over the Mountaineers on the road...Rocky Mountain 38, Eastern Oregon 33.
7-1 this week, 30-10 overall. Also, I got my two wild card games right, although Rocky Mountain went to 2OT for the win.