Crap (Redemption!)

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Thumper 76
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Re: Crap (Redemption!)

Post by Thumper 76 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Dang he lost 20 to 30 pounds in just three months in prison. In the past I've seen him listed at 325 to 335. Article on him today with McNeese head coach Lance Guidry saying he's down to 305. Stress? Normally I'd expect a big guy like that to gain weight without the activity. Guidry said he wants to put more weight back on him so I guess it's bad. But I dunno.
You don't get heaping huge helpings in the clink.
Please don't tell Obama what comes after a Trillion.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Crap (Redemption? Fingers Crossed)

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:Seriously guys. You're sitting there as a coach at McNeese State. You have no idea this guy has gotten married and lives in your metro area. One day he shows up on your doorstep because his wife pushed him to do it asking if he can have a second chance at your school. He's a guy who coming out of high school was rated the 9th best defensive tackle in the country by Scout and the 8th best by Rivals. He started 6 games n the SEC as a freshman. He's 335 pounds and runs a 4.9 forty.

You tell him "not this year." Then he's back the second year after keeping his nose clean in the interim still wanting a second chance at your school. You seriously going to tell me the coaches at your school aren't going to take him? Maybe North Dakota State wouldn't because they don't take many FBS transfers. Hardly any and they do fine without them. But most FCS schools are going to give a guy like that a chance if he just shows up on their doorstep without them going out looking for him.

And note that if he does play this year it means a Texas judge also feels it is reasonable to give him a second chance.
Wait...he's married and his wife made him go out for the team? :suspicious:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: Crap (Redemption!)

Post by catbooster »

Thumper 76 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Dang he lost 20 to 30 pounds in just three months in prison. In the past I've seen him listed at 325 to 335. Article on him today with McNeese head coach Lance Guidry saying he's down to 305. Stress? Normally I'd expect a big guy like that to gain weight without the activity. Guidry said he wants to put more weight back on him so I guess it's bad. But I dunno.
You don't get heaping huge helpings in the clink.
You do if Aunt Bea is cooking up the jail grub.