Football Championship Subdivision discussions
bjtheflamesfan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Liberty

Big South RBs 2016

Post by bjtheflamesfan »

Hey gang,

Things have been hellaciously busy with work the last few weeks so I have gotten a bit behind on my thread posting...that and it seems that I keep losing my text when I refresh after working for a while...but finally here are the running backs. I have some time this weekend so I will be able to do the WRs and TE as well

Charleston Southern
Darius Hammond
Mike Holloway

Hammond, who was named Offensive Player of the Year at Big South Media Day yesterday, leads the way for this 4 headed senior monster down in North Charleston. Holloway, Ben Robinson and Noah Shuler (who transfers in from Methodist University) will likely be the straw that stirs the drink on the offense down in Buc Country as Copeland gets used to being the (likely) unquestioned starter this year

Gardner-Webb

Kerry Bernard
Jonathan Blackmon

QB Tyrell Maxwell returns as the leading rusher for the Runnin Bullpups, Bernard and Blackmon did give an occasional bit of balance. They will probably need to offer more balance with the junior likely leading off the defensive gameplan for teams this year

Kennesaw State
Chaston Bennett
Jake McKenzie

The Owls really made a big splash in their first season as a football program, with QB White leading the way and 5 others finishing with more than 300 net rushing yards, including Bennett and backup QB McKenzie, who converted rull time to RB for 2016.

Liberty
Todd Macon
Frankie Hickson

Liberty loses two of their top 3 rushers with the graduation of Des Rice and DJ Abnar, with Macon leading the attack. Redshirt freshman (and local product) Hickson is the likely backup with converted WR Denvre Daniels serving as the "lightning" back for this unit

Monmouth

Lavon Chaney
Zach Welch

Chaney exploded onto the scene finishing as the Hawks' leading rusher on the way to second team all conference. Senior Welch gives them a good "thunder" complement to the "lightning" from Chaney

Presbyterian

Darrell Bridges
Levent Sands

The Blue Hose rushing attack this year is Darrell Bridges...followed by questions. Bridges exploded onto the scene as well in 2015, earning first team all Big South honors after finishing with over 1000 yards...while no one else who rushed the ball had more than 165 net yards rushing. While DB will get his yards, the boys down in Clinton will need another back amond Sands and their freshmen to step up and take some of he weight off