10/3/2009 at Portland State* (Portland, Ore.) 1:05 PM
10/10/2009 IDAHO STATE*# (Sacramento, Calif.) 2:05 PM
10/17/2009 at Weber State* (Ogden, Utah) TBA
10/24/2009 MONTANA* (Sacramento, Calif.) 2:05 PM
10/31/2009 NORTHERN ARIZONA* (Sacramento, Calif.) 2:05 PM
11/7/2009 at Northern Colorado* (Greeley, Colo.) TBA
11/14/2009 at Montana State* (Bozeman, Mont.) 11:05 AM
11/21/2009 UC DAVIS (Sacramento, Calif.) 2:05 PM

Good schedule - no D-II's, two good OOC games against quality FCS teams, and a potentially winnable FBS game
:thumb:
dgreco
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Bryant

Re: 2009 Sacramento State Schedule

Post by dgreco »

very good schedule.
hank scorpio
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UM

Post by hank scorpio »

No DII, good for them.
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

well, this means Montanny will place at least ONE road game next year... 8-)
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
slycat
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas State

Post by slycat »

Really good schedule. Now if Texas State would get away from those pesky DII games.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

BigApp wrote:well, this means Montanny will place at least ONE road game next year... 8-)
good one.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Anyone else think that Sac could be on the brink of doing some damage in the BSC? Their defense has been coming along the last couple of years but I really don't know how much they've lost or who's replacing who.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Kudos for the great schedule, Sac State!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

by Ursus A. Horribilis » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Anyone else think that Sac could be on the brink of doing some damage in the BSC? Their defense has been coming along the last couple of years but I really don't know how much they've lost or who's replacing who.
Well the most notable players Sac lost were all three LB's due to graduation. I am not sure which underclassmen will move up to fill the void. I can say that Sperbeck landed a 3 star LB recruit out of Santa Rosa JC who I hope can make an impact.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

I would like to see Sac do some damage, their first couple of games vs UNLV, CP and EWU will be interesting.
I think it would be great if all the Schools began to do better, it woul be good for the conference.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

BigApp wrote:well, this means Montanny will place at least ONE road game next year... 8-)
In that one road game we will log more miles than all of your road games combined.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:I would like to see Sac do some damage, their first couple of games vs UNLV, CP and EWU will be interesting.
I think it would be great if all the Schools began to do better, it woul be good for the conference.
Good to see a Wildcat fan break the post NCAA slumber :D
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

I actually got over it really quickly, but my computer went down and I had to take it in to fix it, I didnt get it back till last week, but then I had to leave to go on my Las Vegas trip to go see the Monster Jam World Finals, ANYBODY ELSE SEE THAT??? That is one of the funnest things to do EVER. Its held at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Anyway, Yeah Im over it and now Im Football hungry, both Weber State and the Dallas Cowboys.
OaklandAg
I am a fan of: UC Davis Aggies

Post by OaklandAg »

grizzaholic wrote:
In that one road game we will log more miles than all of your road games combined.
Not to mention that Montana plays at UC Davis, a mere 15 minutes from Sac State in the same season.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

by OaklandAg » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 am

grizzaholic wrote:
BigApp wrote:
well, this means Montanny will place at least ONE road game next year...

Not to mention that Montana plays at UC Davis, a mere 15 minutes from Sac State in the same season.
uc davis has to play at Fresno State, at Boise State, and home against Montana :o You guys are going to get worked. This is going to be an enjoyable football season. 8-)
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Sac state should play D2 Humbolt state @ home after UNLV to jump start the season, instead of playing another away game and probably losing to cal poly on week 2. Then they will most like lose at home to Eastern. Usuallt sac st beats eastern In Cheney and vise versa.

1@Unlv
2.Humbolt state
3.Eastern
blah blah

this will help them at least get out of the blocks with a 1-1 start instead of 0-2
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

1@Unlv
2.Humbolt state
3.Eastern
blah blah

this will help them at least get out of the blocks with a 1-1 start instead of 0-2
Couldn't agree more. I think they scheduled Cal Poly so the department wouldn't have to shell out cash to Humbolt State. I think anytime you play a FBS school, the following week should be a bye or a DII school. Sac State will have a bye the week following the Cal Poly game.

Also Cal Poly lost a lot to graduation and has a new head coach so it will be interesting to see how the bounce back. I wouldn't call it an automatic win for Poly.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

How Cal Poly stacks up this year is going to be interesting with all the changes there
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Depends on who the FBS is, SD. I'm not going to complain about such scheduling after a UNLV. If it were a major B(C)$ school, though, I'd be in the door right after you to scream about it.

As far as Davis' schedule goes, I'd rate the Fresneck game as a Davis win, Montana as potentially winnable, and the Boise game as a blowout loss.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SuperHornet wrote:Depends on who the FBS is, SD. I'm not going to complain about such scheduling after a UNLV. If it were a major B(C)$ school, though, I'd be in the door right after you to scream about it.

As far as Davis' schedule goes, I'd rate the Fresneck game as a Davis win, Montana as potentially winnable, and the Boise game as a blowout loss.

Yeah I agree, there is nothing wrong with scheduling a 1A team, if its a winnable game.

There are plenty of weaker FBS teams out west that would be good games to schedule.

UNLV
Utah State -(very very winnable)
Idaho
Wyoming
New Mexico State
San Jose State
San Diego State
Colorado State

I would rather have Weber play any of the teams listed above because of how winnable they are, than have them play a major bodybag games like ISU playing Oklahoma but then again, they must be really desperate for money. (actually because of that game, Weber state gets one more home game this year because ISU dropped thier game vs Cal Poly for the OK game, so Cal Poly is coming to Stewart Stadium this year, cant wait.)

Sac playing UNLV is a good matchup, I dont know how good Sac will be this year, but I'll root for them to beat the Rebels
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Sac playing UNLV is a good matchup, I dont know how good Sac will be this year, but I'll root for them to beat the Rebels
Yeah, the good thing about the UNLV game is that it gives me a legit excuse...er I mean reason to head up to Vegas instead of just for the usual debauchery. Also it will let me use those comps that I paid for during my last Vegas trip. Also Sac State actually has a outside chance of pulling in a win.

The down side is (last I checked) it's going to be a 1 pm game on Labor Day weekend. This means it will be pushing 110 degrees. I honestly don't know if I will survive this one. I'm going to be so dehydrated from drinking the night before and morning of that the heat might just finish the job. :|