Jerome Souers's Semi-Vindication

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Jerome Souers's Semi-Vindication

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Now, I don't think NAU deserved to be selected (even the Griz should've been ahead of them, IMO), but I admit it is nice to see their AD (Lisa Campos) get embarrassed after that terrible sort-of firing in September. She has now put herself in the position where she either has to get rid of a playoff-bound coach to save face, or change her mind and look like an even bigger jackass than she already does.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Jerome Souers's Semi-Vindication

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Now, I don't think NAU deserved to be selected (even the Griz should've been ahead of them, IMO), but I admit it is nice to see their AD (Lisa Campos) get embarrassed after that terrible sort-of firing in September. She has now put herself in the position where she either has to get rid of a playoff-bound coach to save face, or change her mind and look like an even bigger jackass than she already does.
I heard she is on the way out at NAU. Bailing for another gig.

And no, UM should not have been selected ahead of them at 5-3 in the BSC. GTFO.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:Now, I don't think NAU deserved to be selected (even the Griz should've been ahead of them, IMO), but I admit it is nice to see their AD (Lisa Campos) get embarrassed after that terrible sort-of firing in September. She has now put herself in the position where she either has to get rid of a playoff-bound coach to save face, or change her mind and look like an even bigger jackass than she already does.
I heard she is on the way out at NAU. Bailing for another gig.
If that's true, then wow… Who does she think she is, Harold Hill? (or Lyle Lanley, if you're a Simpsons fan)
And no, UM should not have been selected ahead of them at 5-3 in the BSC. GTFO.
The Griz beat NAU and NAU went 1-2 in November with a blowout loss. Montana wasn't beaten badly by anyone aside from Washington. That lack of momentum should've kept NAU out. I also thought Sac should've been ahead of NAU despite the H2H loss (and certainly EWU should've been ahead of them).
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

NAU had to things going for them :

They scheduled two good teams were out of conference instead of two Division III wannabes the Grizz did - The committee rightly reward them for a tough out of conference schedule

2). They realize that with Cookus NAU it is a far superior team to Montana
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

And I'm happy this is Jerome's last season The Jack's never could for fill their potential especially with all the recruiting advantages they should have Thank you for your 20 years but it was time to move on
:thumb:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

dbackjon wrote:NAU had to things going for them :

They scheduled two good teams were out of conference instead of two Division III wannabes the Grizz did - The committee rightly reward them for a tough out of conference schedule

Maybe Cookus shouldn't target players if he wants to prove it on the field. :coffee:
mtjack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NAU Lumberjacks!

Post by mtjack »

I laughed heartily at the "Flagstaff is lovely if you want to go to a spa" comment.

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/cheng- ... e55d4.html
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:The Griz beat NAU and NAU went 1-2 in November with a blowout loss. Montana wasn't beaten badly by anyone aside from Washington. That lack of momentum should've kept NAU out. I also thought Sac should've been ahead of NAU despite the H2H loss (and certainly EWU should've been ahead of them).
Interesting to me with the snubs in the Big Sky. Makes me wonder what would have happened if the Griz would have beaten Montana State. One would have to think that if EWU wasn't playing for anything on Saturday, were the Griz? They would have been tied with EWU at 6-2, so how would they have got in and not the Eagles? EWU owns the head to head, a win at Missoula.

Then again, could the committee really have said no to an 8-3 Montana team? They did say no to a 9-2 McNeese team. :coffee:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

JALMOND wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:The Griz beat NAU and NAU went 1-2 in November with a blowout loss. Montana wasn't beaten badly by anyone aside from Washington. That lack of momentum should've kept NAU out. I also thought Sac should've been ahead of NAU despite the H2H loss (and certainly EWU should've been ahead of them).
Interesting to me with the snubs in the Big Sky. Makes me wonder what would have happened if the Griz would have beaten Montana State. One would have to think that if EWU wasn't playing for anything on Saturday, were the Griz? They would have been tied with EWU at 6-2, so how would they have got in and not the Eagles? EWU owns the head to head, a win at Missoula.

Then again, could the committee really have said no to an 8-3 Montana team? They did say no to a 9-2 McNeese team. :coffee:

The bad thing is the Big Sky is viewed by what Montana and Eastern do, if neither do that well, the entire conference must be bad, regardless of whethef it is or not. SUU had just as good or better resume than several of the other seeds and ended up getting hosed in my opinion. Weber i rhink also got hosed. Getting the hardest road of the Sky at larges through the first few rounds despite finishing 9-2. NAU getting San Diego instead of Weber seems like a real slam against Weber. NAU making the playoffs isnt a surprise for me, them getting a home game is however.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote:NAU had to things going for them :

This. NAU getting in over montucky clearly validates this. :thumb:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

How many non scholarship schools made it? They should have 0, as they need their own classification.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk