2018 Big Sky Preseason Predictions

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2018 Big Sky Preseason Predictions

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote:I see the BS coaches’ and media pre season polls both have EWU/Weber/NAU 1-2-3, and is that correct that Montama plays none of them :suspicious:
Yes it is, in the fucked up world of BSC football. :ohno: :ohno:

Now that EWU is no longer one of our two "rivals"...

We need to jettison all the Great Waste teams and get back to our core.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

MSU will Finish this year UNDEFEATED in the Big Sky...And here is why.

MSU Fall camp Preview!!!

QB: We finally got rid of the QB that couldn't throw, and replaced him with 3 options that can all throw DIMES, and can also run...HELL one is even a Running Back, but threw for about 800K yards in High School. QB will be 1000x better this year...Especially with the #1 ranked QB in the country picking MSU over Oregon

RB: LOADED!!!! We have so many RB's that the best RB in the country was moved to LB just for FUN...NOW he is trying out at QB because we are that fing good at Rbing the RBall

WR: Sure we only have 1 of our top WR coming back, but the replacements are a year older that they were when they were their age last year, and all have hands as sticky as a 15 year old kid after watching Skinimax for the first time...We are probably about 6-8 deep (that's what she said)

O-line: 6'8" across the front all weighing about 300 AND can run sub 4.5 50 yard dashes....The best O-line in FCS

D-line: We couldn't get to the QB last year very well...This year we have 6 guys that will all lead the country in Sacks, tackles, and nose hair

LB: Where to start...they are fast, mean, but never talk trash...They just do their jobs better than anyone else, and love to hit anything that moves.

S/DB: they are OK.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
  • 1. Eastern Washington__8-0_____9-2_____ Good thing the NAU game doesn't count
    2. Sacramento State ____7-1_____9-2 _____ They're the best team on paper. Can they avoid choking?
    3. Northern Arizona ____7-1____10-1_____ The 'Jacks aren't really this good, but their schedule is like hitting the lottery
    4. Weber State__________6-2_____8-3_____ A tough league start, but after that things are pretty favorable
    5. Idaho State __________5-3_____6-5_____ Can the Bengals actually get a winning record? With that schedule, they should
    6. Montana _____________4-4_____5-6_____ An unnecessary rebuild begins…
    7. UC Davis ____________4-4_____6-5_____ Their passing game is deadly, but everything else is mediocre
    8. Montana State_______4-4_____5-6_____ Here comes Jeff Choate's 10-year contract extension
    9. Idaho________________4-4_____5-6_____ The Vandals just lost too much on offense to be good
    10.Southern Utah _______2-6_____3-8_____ The T-Birds are only good in odd-numbered years
    11.Northern Colorado___2-6_____2-9_____ The Bears aren't really this bad, but their schedule is like repeated kicks in the nuts
    12.North Dakota ________2-6_____3-8_____ I don't think their lack of auto-bid eligibility is really going to matter this year
    13.Cal Poly _____________1-7_____2-9_____ Good thing Tim Walsh just got a new contract extension
    14.Portland State________0-8_____1-10____ The days of Barney-Gumble-Ball are coming to an end
Here's how I see it:

WSU 8-0, 9-2 Losses to Utah & South Dakota
EWU 7-1, 9-2 Losses to Weber & Washington State
Idaho 6-2, 7-4 Losses to MSU, EWU, Florida & Fresno State
Montana 6-2, 8-3 Losses to SUU, Idaho & Western Illinois
NAU 6-2, 7-4 Losses to Weber, UND, UTEP & EWU (non conf)
MSU 5-3, 6-5 Losses to EWU, Weber, UM, Western Illinois & SDSU
Sac St 4-4, 7-4 Losses to UM, SUU, WSU & NAU
SUU 4-4, 5-6 Losses to NAU, EWU, Idaho, WSU, Oregon State, U of A
UND 4-4, --- Losses to ISU, UNC, PSU, NAU
UC-Davis 3-5, 4-7 Losses to Idaho, Montana, NAU, EWU, Sac State, Stanford & SJSU
Idaho State 1-7, 2-9 Losses to UND, NAU, Idaho, UCDavis, MSU, CP, Liberty & Cal
Cal Poly 1-7, 2-9 Losses to EWU, UM, Sac State, UCD, NAU, MSU, SUU, NDSU & WSU
UNC 1-7, 1-10 Only win vs PSU
PSU 0-8, 1-10 Only win vs College of Idaho
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SACCAT wrote:MSU will Finish this year UNDEFEATED in the Big Sky...And here is why.

MSU Fall camp Preview!!!

QB: We finally got rid of the QB that couldn't throw, and replaced him with 3 options that can all throw DIMES, and can also run...HELL one is even a Running Back, but threw for about 800K yards in High School. QB will be 1000x better this year...Especially with the #1 ranked QB in the country picking MSU over Oregon

RB: LOADED!!!! We have so many RB's that the best RB in the country was moved to LB just for FUN...NOW he is trying out at QB because we are that fing good at Rbing the RBall

WR: Sure we only have 1 of our top WR coming back, but the replacements are a year older that they were when they were their age last year, and all have hands as sticky as a 15 year old kid after watching Skinimax for the first time...We are probably about 6-8 deep (that's what she said)

O-line: 6'8" across the front all weighing about 300 AND can run sub 4.5 50 yard dashes....The best O-line in FCS

D-line: We couldn't get to the QB last year very well...This year we have 6 guys that will all lead the country in Sacks, tackles, and nose hair

LB: Where to start...they are fast, mean, but never talk trash...They just do their jobs better than anyone else, and love to hit anything that moves.

Well I sure wish you'd have posted this gem before I made my predictions. Now I gotta go back and change MSU to undefeated. Thank for nothing, SACCAT. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SACCAT wrote:MSU will Finish this year UNDEFEATED in the Big Sky...And here is why.

MSU Fall camp Preview!!!

So special teams will be your Achilles heel.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

SuperHornet wrote:I like what SD says here, but I'm more than a little optimistic. Our fellow Hornet fans seem to be in a "wait and see" phase due to history over the last 25 years or so. I see the following:

Sac 11-0/8-0
*EWU 10-1/8-0
UM 9-2/6-2
BBQ 9-2/6-2
NAU 8-3/5-3
MSU 8-3/5-3
CP 7-4/4-4
ISU 7-4/4-4
Idalol 6-5/4-4
SUU 5-6/3-5
PSU 4-7/3-5
UND 4-7/3-5
UNC 2-9/0-8
Manure Pile 0-11/0-8

*Autobid
Jesus Christ
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

kalm wrote:

MSU Fall camp Preview!!!

So special teams will be your Achilles heel.
We don't have any...We score every play and go for 2...We let a linemen that doesn't play much kick-off, and every time on Defense, we take the ball away....Special teams is for schools like UM.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

AZGrizFan wrote:PSU 0-8, 1-10 Only win vs College of Idaho
Well, that is pretty nice of you. :nod:

And, might I add, an improvement over last year. :thumb:

:lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:PSU 0-8, 1-10 Only win vs College of Idaho
Well, that is pretty nice of you. :nod:

And, might I add, an improvement over last year. :thumb:

:lol:
:lol: :lol: Lookin' up, bud!
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

In the spirit of AZ's post, I'll show you what wins/losses I picked for each team:

EWU (8-0, 9-2) - L's: @ Wazzu, @ NAU (non-conf.)
SAC (7-1, 9-2) - L's: @ San Diego St., @ WEB
NAU (7-1, 10-1) - L's: @ SAC
WEB (6-2, 8-3) - L's: @ Utah, @ NAU, EWU
ISU (5-3, 6-5) - L's: @ Cal, NAU, @ UCD, @ Liberty, WEB
UMT (4-4, 5-6) - L's: UNI, @ WIU, SAC, @ UND, @ SUU, @ IDA
UCD (4-4, 6-5) - L's: @ Stanford, @ UMT, NAU, @ EWU, SAC (start 4-0, then finish 0-4)
MSU (4-4, 5-6) - L's: WIU, @ South Dakota St., EWU, @ WEB, @ ISU, @ UMT
IDA (4-4, 5-6) - L's: @ Fresno, @ UCD, @ ISU, @ MSU, @ EWU, @ Florida (5-0 home, 0-6 road)
SUU (2-6, 3-8) - W's: North Alabama, UNC, UMT
UNC (2-6, 2-9) - W's: UND, PSU
UND (2-6, 3-8) - W's: MVSU, PSU, UMT
CPY (1-7, 2-9) - W's: Brown, SUU
PSU (0-8, 1-10) - W's: College of Idaho
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Idaho gets back the stein, but loses to Idaho State. Worth it.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

Silenoz wrote:Idaho gets back the stein, but loses to Idaho State. Worth it.
I don't think Idaho will be as bad as everyone thinks this next year...
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

SACCAT wrote:
Silenoz wrote:Idaho gets back the stein, but loses to Idaho State. Worth it.
I don't think they will be bad at all. Plus the Big Sky sucks, more than enough opportunity for them to get wins

I'm not doing full predictions because I'm too lazy to go through every matchup but I'd put money on EWU #1, Weber somewhere close behind, MSU at 8-3, Idaho does well in their FCS games, and the rest who cares.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

AZGrizFan wrote:

MSU Fall camp Preview!!!

Well I sure wish you'd have posted this gem before I made my predictions. Now I gotta go back and change MSU to undefeated. Thank for nothing, SACCAT. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
It's preseason...You should know by now the CATS are always undefeated..NEVER LOSS
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Silenoz wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
I don't think they will be bad at all. Plus the Big Sky sucks, more than enough opportunity for them to get wins

I'm not doing full predictions because I'm too lazy to go through every matchup but I'd put money on EWU #1, Weber somewhere close behind, MSU at 8-3, Idaho does well in their FCS games, and the rest who cares.
Last year was the strongest the conference has been for awhile. It may be even better this year. :coffee:
css75
Level3
Level3

2018 Big Sky Preseason Predictions

Post by css75 »

If ISU goes 1-10 will be somewhat happy if the W is against Vandulls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

kalm wrote:
Silenoz wrote: I don't think they will be bad at all. Plus the Big Sky sucks, more than enough opportunity for them to get wins

Last year was the strongest the conference has been for awhile. It may be even better this year. :coffee:
The biggest conference in all the lands produced a quarter-finalist. Color me overwhelmed :pissed:

Should EWU be good? Yes
Should Weber be good? Yes
Should MSU produce something for once? I think so
That leaves 10 teams, or wherever the fuck UND put us. And Idaho scheduled themselves out of the playoffs.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Silenoz wrote:
kalm wrote:
The biggest conference in all the lands produced a quarter-finalist. Color me overwhelmed :pissed:

Should EWU be good? Yes
That leaves 10 teams, or wherever the fuck UND put us. And Idaho scheduled themselves out of the playoffs.
Tough to get past the quarters when you face WIU, a seeded BSC champ, and the runner up.

Granted...NAU shit the bed.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
Silenoz wrote: The biggest conference in all the lands produced a quarter-finalist. Color me overwhelmed :pissed:

Should EWU be good? Yes
Tough to get past the quarters when you face WIU, a seeded BSC champ, and the runner up.

Granted...NAU shit the bed.
But at least Jerome was reinstated/extended before then.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Oh, one thing I forgot to explicitly note…

I'm projecting 2 FBS wins for the Big Sky:

NAU over UTEP
Davis over SJSU
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SUU loses quite a bit on D but still has a couple of all conference types and the offense gets almost everyone back except Tyler and this includes 6 llineman that had starts. Don’t sleep on them.

Weber reloads.

MSU’s defensive stats were skewed by who they played last year. If they can replace Bignell and the Oregon kid pans out at QB I think they’re in the mix at the end.

If SAC and EWU play just decent on defense they could both make runs.

Davis has the best QB - WR tandem this side of Flagstaff.

Should be very interesting.
Last edited by kalm on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
VandalBasher

Post by VandalBasher »

Which teams get into the playoffs from the BSC?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

VandalBasher wrote:Which teams get into the playoffs from the BSC?
Plural?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I have WSU, EWU, UM & Idaho getting in. With Idaho being on the bubble at 7-4.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

AZGrizFan wrote:
I have WSU, EWU, UM & Idaho getting in. With Idaho being on the bubble at 7-4.
Idaho
EWU
MSU

EWU and Idaho will only have 1 loss each in the Big Sky (both against the MSU BOBCATS)